Modafinil specifically used for shift work sleep disorder [shift workers]

Buy Lab Tests Online

blinkyvx

Any experiences for this specific use? Shift work 8 years now and am nodding off around 3 AM, then dont sleep enough, i wake up at 1 to 2 pm and can't sleep any more, I looked up SWSD and the sleep pattern pretty much fits, one of this drugs intentions is SWSD.

Caffeeine 200mg doesn't work, a good meal [ carb sugar free] doesnt do it either. Can take 200mg caffeine at 1 2 am and still nodd off 3-5AM

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Rock H. Johnson

Any experiences for this specific use? Shift work 8 years now and am nodding off around 3 AM, then dont sleep enough, i wake up at 1 to 2 pm and can't sleep any more, I looked up SWSD and the sleep pattern pretty much fits, one of this drugs intentions is SWSD.

Caffeeine 200mg doesn't work, a good meal [ carb sugar free] doesnt do it either. Can take 200mg caffeine at 1 2 am and still nodd off 3-5AM
As a trader I sometimes have to babysit my trades or during periods of high volatility I need to stay awake. For all of my needs Modafinil worked, staying awake for multiple days in a row without hangovers etc. With normal daily usage like 25-100mg at waking which could be any time of the day/night I would have an 16-20 hour fully awake period then sleep for 2-3 hours and be fine , actually really great , aware and awake after that short sleep. Cognitive function, memory , reaction time etc stays above normal for me. I have been using it like this for 2-3 years but over this period my morning dose went from 100 to 25mg and added 50mg whenever needed.
FYI: Modafinil is FAA aproved for pilots on intercontinental flights.

Last edited:

Vtail

As a trader I sometimes have to babysit my trades or during periods of high volatility I need to stay awake. For all of my needs Modafinil worked, staying awake for multiple days in a row without hangovers etc. With normal daily usage like 25-100mg at waking which could be any time of the day/night I would have an 16-20 hour fully awake period hen sleep for 2-3 hours and be fine , actually really great , aware and awake after that short sleep. Cognitive function, memory , reaction time etc stays above normal for me.
FYI: Modafinil is FAA aproved for pilots on intercontinental flights.

Agree completely. I've been using it for many years and no sides at all. I find that I get more 'bang for the buck' if I take it on an empty stomach. Over time you will build a tolerance with regular usage. I try to lay off it as often as possible, as my workload permits. That seems to help me avoid having to increase dose. I never had to take more than 100mg in a 24 hr period, and often get by with 50mg.

Vince

Super Moderator
Agree completely. I've been using it for many years and no sides at all. I find that I get more 'bang for the buck' if I take it on an empty stomach. Over time you will build a tolerance with regular usage. I try to lay off it as often as possible, as my workload permits. That seems to help me avoid having to increase dose. I never had to take more than 100mg in a 24 hr period, and often get by with 50mg.
Does it have much of an effect on your heart rate and blood pressure?

Vince

Super Moderator
I Google it. A lot of sources says it does.

Modafinil substantially perturbs autonomic cardiovascular regulation by increase in heart rate and blood pressure. ... A drug with psychostimulant effects can potentially alter heart rate (HR) and blood pressure (BP).
1585921915661.png

https://www.ahajournals.org › full
Modafinil Elicits Sympathomedullary Activation | Hypertension

Vtail

I Google it. A lot of sources says it does.

Modafinil substantially perturbs autonomic cardiovascular regulation by increase in heart rate and blood pressure. ... A drug with psychostimulant effects can potentially alter heart rate (HR) and blood pressure (BP).
View attachment 9464
https://www.ahajournals.org › full
Modafinil Elicits Sympathomedullary Activation | Hypertension

You asked me if it had any effect on my heart rate or blood pressure. It does not. It may for others, but not me.

Vince

Super Moderator
You asked me if it had any effect on my heart rate or blood pressure. It does not. It may for others, but not me.
It sounds like it's a very good drug for shift workers. My only fear is, the long-term effects on person's health.

Vtail

It sounds like it's a very good drug for shift workers. My only fear is, the long-term affects on person's health.

I worry about that too. But after 20 yrs (+/-) I don't have any issues that I'm aware of. And at times my work is mind numbing, so for me it's been extremely helpful.

blinkyvx

Seems like anything that does what this does , would have some sort of long term effects. I got mine in today took 100mg out of 200 to start. Got shitty sleep , but feel awake/alert.

Not like adderall at all which i use to have a script for but quit, not like caffeine either. Look forward to seeing how it helps at work.

Will monitor HR and BP

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching