Mod GRF: Insomnia and overstimulation

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jay_Tex

I tried Mod GRF (CJC 1295 w/o DAC) with the hopes that it would help me sleep. I have a vial that is pre-mixed with equal parts Ipamorelin. Unfortunately, I’m one of those people who is stimulated with this combo, rather than getting sleepy. I tried 150mcg+150mcg (Mod GRF + Ipamorelin) for a couple of nights and slept terribly. I later tried 50mcg+50mcg and sleep was still worse than if I hadn’t taken anything. I then tried a 150mcg+150mcg (Mod GRF+Ipa) during the day on an empty stomach and I got jittery like I had taken a decongestant. From what I’ve read, the (Mod GRF+Ipa) combo makes most people very sleepy, but a few people are stimulated by it. Does anyone have any insight into this? Any ideas as to what is causing the stimulation and how I might avoid it?

For what it’s worth:
  • Ipamorelin by itself did nothing.
  • Sermorelin by itself made sleep a little worse
  • Ipa + Sermorelin possibly made it a little easier to sleep
  • Ipa + Mod GRF caused bad insomnia

My prolactin levels are about 17, which is a little high. My doctor prescribed a low dose cabergoline to lower it. Prolactin has slowly and steadily increased from about 10 to 17 over the past 15 years. I didn’t think that either of these would cause any significant stimulation of prolactin or cortisol, though. Has anyone tried Phosphatidyle Serine to blunt any cortisol rises?

TSH is typically between 2.0 and 2.5

I’m also on 140 mg/wk Testosterone Cypionate (dosed 40 mg every other day) and 300 mcg HCG (every other day). Total testosterone is typically about 800.

I'm in my 50s and my anxiety levels are quite low, but I have a tendency to be sensitive to medications. I have a separate sleep doctor is curious about my hormone treatments with my hormone doctor. I don't have sleep apnea, but I sleep better with a CPAP machine.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing the stimulation and how I might avoid it? I was hoping that the Mod GRF would help with my sleep problems, but it seems to make it worse.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Jay_Tex

Hey Jay, getting similar sleep disturbances from the Ipam/Mod Grf combo. Also on TRT.

Did you ever find a resolution?
Nope. I ended up not using most of the vial because it made me feel bad. My hormone doctor said that a small percentage of his patients react the way that I do. I seem to remember reading people reporting a temporary "rush" when they took it, but it was more than a temporary rush for me.

For what it's worth, I'm sensitive to various medications that increase serotonin activity. A doctor once prescribed a SSRI to see if it would help with my long term insomnia and it was very stimulating. Tramadol as a pain medication is troublesome because it is overstimulating in unpleasant ways, and I understand it has serotonin effects. I'm sensitive to decongestants as well. Oddly, I can drink lots of coffee without feeling overstimulated.

platypus5007

Nope. I ended up not using most of the vial because it made me feel bad. My hormone doctor said that a small percentage of his patients react the way that I do. I seem to remember reading people reporting a temporary "rush" when they took it, but it was more than a temporary rush for me.

For what it's worth, I'm sensitive to various medications that increase serotonin activity. A doctor once prescribed a SSRI to see if it would help with my long term insomnia and it was very stimulating. Tramadol as a pain medication is troublesome because it is overstimulating in unpleasant ways, and I understand it has serotonin effects. I'm sensitive to decongestants as well. Oddly, I can drink lots of coffee without feeling overstimulated.
Ahh, bummer.

I'm going to try morning timing. I know that's not ideal according to the circadian rhythm, but want to give it a go and see

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me