Metformin > b12 deficiency > gray hair?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nomad

I’ve noticed a rapid increase of graying in my beard over the last year since I’ve been on metformin. Has this happened to anyone else? I read it could be due to b12 deficiency.

I’m 35 years old. I’m not overly concerned except isn’t metformin supposed to reduce oxidative stress theoretically slowing down the graying process not speed it up?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Metformin did lower my B12 levels. Though they are over the top of the range.

pqteb1r

I'd be more concerned over the discovery that Metformin has been found with cancer causing impurities and recalled whether or not the batch I had now or took previously was recalled. You should easily be able to find a law firm to press a claim. As you did post that you are taking 10,000 i.u. cholecalciferol daily may I ask what serum levels of 25-OH-D you are achieving?

Nomad

I'd be more concerned over the discovery that Metformin has been found with cancer causing impurities and recalled whether or not the batch I had now or took previously was recalled. You should easily be able to find a law firm to press a claim. As you did post that you are taking 10,000 i.u. cholecalciferol daily may I ask what serum levels of 25-OH-D you are achieving?

interesting I need to look up the bad batch info. I’m literally taking it for preventative medicine not because I need it, so I’m weighing all pros and cons.

I need to get recent labs done. when I was taking 10,000 every other day with dinner it only took me to low normal of the range. like normal being 30-100 and I was at 33. I’m getting labs done in the next few weeks I’ll keep you posted.

pqteb1r

interesting I need to look up the bad batch info. I’m literally taking it for preventative medicine not because I need it, so I’m weighing all pros and cons.

I need to get recent labs done. when I was taking 10,000 every other day with dinner it only took me to low normal of the range. like normal being 30-100 and I was at 33. I’m getting labs done in the next few weeks I’ll keep you posted.
Try Bio-Tech Pharmacal pure USP powder capsules. I have an uncommon medical condition that makes raising my 25OHD serum levels extremely difficult. That was all that worked including prescribed D. It's also inexpensive. I was on metformin last year when I got back a lab result of blood sugar so dangerously low the MD called me in the middle of the night. Be careful with it. On the impurity issue how many batches slipped through that were not tested?

captain

It may have more to do with Metformin lowering your IGF 1 than b12 deficiency. Dr. Crisler made a claim about Ibutamoren restoring hair color on his forum years ago.

Jerry342

If you think this problem can be the cause of b12 deficiency, then going for test will be a good idea, there are many quality supplements you take to solve this issue, but you should follow a doctor's advice.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me