Melatonin Preventing Estrogen-Mediated Gene Transcription In Vitro

Buy Lab Tests Online

AhmetAtay

This study (Melatonin blocks the activation of estrogen receptor for DNA binding - PubMed) seems to show that melatonin hinders the action of estrogen-bound estrogen receptors.

"The present study shows that melatonin prevents, within the first cell cycle, the estradiol-induced growth of synchronized MCF7 breast cancer cells. By using nuclear extracts of these cells, we first examined the binding of estradiol-estrogen receptor complexes to estrogen-responsive elements and found that the addition of estradiol to whole cells activates the binding of the estrogen receptor to DNA whereas melatonin blocks this interaction. By contrast, melatonin neither affects the binding of estradiol to its receptor nor the receptor nuclear localization. Moreover, we also show that addition of estradiol to nuclear extracts stimulates the binding of estrogen receptor to DNA, but this activation is also prevented by melatonin."

In other words:

1) Melatonin does not prevent estradiol from binding to the estrogen receptor
2) Melatonin DOES, HOWEVER, interfere with the signaling mechanism mediated by the estrogen receptor which affects gene transcription.

This is analogous to how DHT derivatives like masteron appear to exert uniquely anti-estrogenic effects. They do this by not only suppressing estradiol production, but also by inhibiting estrogen-mediated gene transcription

Let's get some thoughts on this!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

AhmetAtay

Melatonin is some interesting stuff.

It also raises growth hormone, seems to increase prolactin, inhibits GnRH release, etc.

It also seems to lower dopamine (presumably because it lowers prolactin)

Me personally, I can’t do more than 4-5 mg of melatonin. Otherwise I’m too drowsy and tired/anhedonic the next day.

Vince

Super Moderator
Melatonin is some interesting stuff.

It also raises growth hormone, seems to increase prolactin, inhibits GnRH release, etc.

It also seems to lower dopamine (presumably because it lowers prolactin)

Me personally, I can’t do more than 4-5 mg of melatonin. Otherwise I’m too drowsy and tired/anhedonic the next day.
One of my sons can only take up to 60 mg a day. Otherwise his heart races too much.

Vince

Super Moderator
Hey Vince. This may be a bit off-topic but I was curious to hear if you've experimented with different HCG protocols and what worked best for you.
The only HCG protocol in 8 years has been 500 IU of HCG twice a week. I've always thought of going up to 500 IU 3 times a week. I didn't because I didn't want to spend the extra money.

AhmetAtay

The only HCG protocol in 8 years has been 500 IU of HCG twice a week. I've always thought of going up to 500 IU 3 times a week. I didn't because I didn't want to spend the extra money.
Interesting…

For me personally, running 200 IU HCG ED and 50 mg Pregnenolone raised my progesterone way too high. I dropped the Pregnenolone and now I’m waiting to see where my progesterone falls.

I think high progesterone can cause ED/Lethargy which I was experiencing a fair bit of.

Vince

Super Moderator
Interesting…

For me personally, running 200 IU HCG ED and 50 mg Pregnenolone raised my progesterone way too high. I dropped the Pregnenolone and now I’m waiting to see where my progesterone falls.

I think high progesterone can cause ED/Lethargy which I was experiencing a fair bit of.
I do supplement with Pregnenolone 10 mg and 25 mg of DHEA daily.

JYD21

I'm not following. So is it saying melatonin is good or bad for us? I take 3mg each night and have been for 15 years.

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm not following. So is it saying melatonin is good or bad for us? I take 3mg each night and have been for 15 years.
Women who have breast cancer are told to supplement with high dose melatonin. It talks about how it helps fight or prevent the cancer. He's wondering if it would help people who feel their estrogen is too high?

Stoak

Women who have breast cancer are told to supplement with high dose melatonin. It talks about how it helps fight or prevent the cancer. He's wondering if it would help people who feel their estrogen is too high?
Why would they would need this if they were taking tamoxifen or anastrazole? As for the OP quote on DHT derivatives, I use primobolan from time to time and it crushed my E2 bloodwork confirmed. As in nearly non-existent.

Vince

Super Moderator

Conclusion​

It is becoming clear that melatonin interacts with sex steroid hormones, in particular cases reciprocally, whereby melatonin action influences but is also being influenced by the sex steroids, thus a bidirectional relationship exists. This communication depends on the melatonin levels, age, hormonal status, tissue, and environmental conditions. Furthermore, the direct or indirect mechanistic pathways involved also bring to this interaction a high level of complexity.

Clinically, the relationship between melatonin and sex steroid hormones is of particular importance in female and male reproduction and in pregnancy in the case of treatment or prevention of preeclampsia as well as in the potential use of melatonin during the menopausal transition and beyond. It is clear, however, that the current knowledge is just the tip of the iceberg in a complex network of interactions in the crosstalk between melatonin and sex steroid hormones.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me