Melatonin gives me insomnia?

Buy Lab Tests Online

drkelp

Used to work but now at best go to sleep for a few hours then wake. Even at lower doses. Seem to get this from any form of magnesium recently too. Used to love zma. Take theanine at that point. Takes awhile to take effect but at least I can get up for work. Anyone have any thoughts on this. TIA

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
What were your doses of melatonin? It’s rare for someone to get insomnia from melatonin, unless it’s a high dose.

Vince

Super Moderator

Vince

Super Moderator
Vicente Doctorvp
The combination of Trazodone + Melatonin + Magnesium threonate + L Theanine makes me sleep deep and wake great.
Ambien knocks me out fast but wake up tired.
Always screen for obstructive sleep apnea (I use an oral device to get my jaw forward)

maxadvance

agree w hi dose theory, I was just like you, I'd wake up in the middle of the nite. I started taking Life Extension 6 hour timed release 3mg tablets, and it's perfect. No insomnia, great nites sleep.

drkelp

.3-.5mg all the way up to 1,3,5 & 10mg time release. I can use it very occasionally it seems, but not worth the risk generally. And trazodone made me feel nervous and manic within the first few days, had to quit. I know, weird. Lexapro felt weird(surreal) and sleep was not improved at all. Tend to wake like 3am and not feel like sleeping until 5-6

Jay_Tex

Does your melatonin a sublingual form, or does it contain vitamin B12? I get rebound insomnia in the middle of the night with either of these. I do best with a low dose a non-sublingual that doesn't have B12.

JimGainz

Has anyone experienced withdrawals from taking melatonin? I’ve seen mixed reports about it messing with your natural feedback loop (even saw documentation on this from an Endo forum). So if you take it for an extended period of time and stop - is your sleep worse?

Neil

Used to work but now at best go to sleep for a few hours then wake. Even at lower doses. Seem to get this from any form of magnesium recently too. Used to love zma. Take theanine at that point. Takes awhile to take effect but at least I can get up for work. Anyone have any thoughts on this. TIA

I have personally experienced exactly what you did about melatonin.
That it works for a good long time, months in fact, and then the person lies awake unable to get back to sleep. And I know another couple, both of them experienced the same thing. But I believe I have found what the issue was, the melatonin has to absolutely be the timed release. The Jarrow Sustain 1mg tablets work perfectly, and keep me asleep all night. And if I need to get to up to use the bathroom, I can easily fall back asleep. For me, I have to take (3) of the Sustain tablets, so my dose is 3mg of this timed-release formula.

Hope this helps.

drkelp

Thanks for the thoughts, it's great to get some feedback on these paradoxical reactions. I may take a break from b6 I've taken some higher doses(100mg) and felt good but understand there can be toxicity

drkelp

Anybody ever try phosphatidylserine or phosphorylated serine? I did years ago but I was awake all night. May try it again at a very gradual pace

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me