Medicaid /MultiDose Vial of Test. Cyp?? / Wasting Medication !

Buy Lab Tests Online

keithc2485

Hey guys, Really need some help,
I have been on TRT for 2.5 years .... currently 50mg 2x a week for over a year now out of a Single dose 1ml/200mg vial

Since sticking the rubber top 4x , by the 2nd or 3rd stick its dripping out alot

I am losing so much medicine (almost 1/2 of the vial) my last one for the month I get 2...

The Doctor said Changing it would cause problems and take to long with prior auth/ect, but- I am now missing a dose for this cycle and can't refill it early due to leaking out of the vial

So if anybody knows If the MULTI dose vial is covered by medicaid that would be very helpful...

ALSO ***

1 . CAN/SHOULD I USE MY ANDROGEL TO REPLACE THE 2nd have of my week I will be missing ?
should I just miss the 4 days ? My brain is telling me already to use the androgel , am I over reacting?

2. the 1ml SYRINGE I use (BD 1ml insulin) wastes at least 0.3CCs of medicine / What syringe causes the least waste?

any feedback would be great... sorry this is so long...

thanks guys
-Scruffy:cool:

Attachments

• bdsyringe.jpg
    bdsyringe.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DragonBits

Hey guys, Really need some help,
I have been on TRT for 2.5 years .... currently 50mg 2x a week for over a year now out of a Single dose 1ml/200mg vial

Since sticking the rubber top 4x , by the 2nd or 3rd stick its dripping out alot

I am losing so much medicine (almost 1/2 of the vial) my last one for the month I get 2...

The Doctor said Changing it would cause problems and take to long with prior auth/ect, but- I am now missing a dose for this cycle and can't refill it early due to leaking out of the vial

So if anybody knows If the MULTI dose vial is covered by medicaid that would be very helpful...

ALSO ***

1 . CAN/SHOULD I USE MY ANDROGEL TO REPLACE THE 2nd have of my week I will be missing ?
should I just miss the 4 days ? My brain is telling me already to use the androgel , am I over reacting?

2. the 1ml SYRINGE I use (BD 1ml insulin) wastes at least 0.3CCs of medicine / What syringe causes the least waste?

any feedback would be great... sorry this is so long...

thanks guys
-Scruffy:cool:

What medicaid or medicare would cover usually needs rocket scientist to figure out.

You are using a 25 gauge needle, I would think a 29-31 gauge needle would be far less likely to cause a problem with the rubber stopper.

The syringe / needle size depends a lot on how you inject, subq or IM. And how much at one time you inject.

I used an easytouch insulin syringe hcg, it never caused a problem with leakage despite sticking the vial many times, not sure about the gauge, they cone in 29-31 gauge.

I would use ANDROGEL if you are worried about it.

The u100 is a low loss syringe though as noted a 25g is larger than you need, a 29g should be less wear and tear on the vial stopper. Though I can't fathom how a 25g is wrecking a rubber stopper with just 4 sticks.
Note too a 1mL is a single use vial and it may intentionally be designed to do what is happening when you keep poking it. I don't know that that's what's happening, but I do know that the 1mL single use vial is intended for exactly that, single use. Would not be surprised if it's intended to disintegrate like that.
Still, try it with a 29g 1/2".

Though I can't fathom how a 25g is wrecking a rubber stopper with just 4 sticks.
When I first started I would try to poke my needle in the exact middle every time. I started noticing it would leak when upside down. After that I now try to poke different spots in the rubber. I think I was initially making a big hole on accident.

I used to use a 1ml syringe with a detachable needle. I didn't like the excess being thrown away. The dose administered is correct but some is thrown away. I knew I could add air to push it out, but I wasn't trying to get extra. Here's what I did:
1. with everything upside down draw 0.5ml into the syringe and pull the needle out
2. slowly retract the syringe to 0.6ml and wait a little bit to settle
3. count the tick marks up to the top of the oil. Mine was something like 0.53. So 0.03ml was trapped in the syringe
4. To get the correct dose I would draw 0.47ml, take out the needle, tip it needle down.
5. Then draw in roughly 0.1ml air and wait for the bubble to go to the top. This will get out the oil from the needle plus extra to empty the needle at the end.
You'll end up with a tiny bit of air injected at the end. As a non-doctor, it seems ok to me. Typically I got a tiny audible fart sound as the air came back out.

I have since switched to a 27g, 28g, and 29g 0.5ml insulin syringe and no longer do this.

keithc2485

thank you for the advice guys.. .IM sorry I forgot to mention I switch Tips.. im Piercing the vial with a very big 18g filter tip to draw , then re attaching the 25g tip to inject....

i never could get the oil out with the 25g tip... so thats why after 3 pokes its dripping so much

keithc2485

.IM sorry I forgot to mention I switch Tips.. im Piercing the vial with a very big 18g filter tip to draw , then re attaching the 25g tip to inject....

i never could get the oil out with the 25g tip... so thats why after 3 pokes its dripping so much ... can I actually draw with just a 25g ?

keithc2485

thanks. i get what ur saying . i will def try that. the air bubble would be fine. going into the muscle it is safe just would cause a little bit of pain if anything....

also interesed in the small Gauges , but as i replied just a minute ago to the thread I forgot to Mention that I Draw out of the rubber stopper with a very big 18G filter tip as i could never get the oil out with the 25g and that's also how I was shown to do it years ago

unless I was rushing and needed to wait a longer time for it to fill?? but ive tired and didnt see anything being pulled into the syringe with the 25g ...

d
thanks. i get what ur saying . i will def try that. the air bubble would be fine. going into the muscle it is safe just would cause a little bit of pain if anything....

also interesed in the small Gauges , but as i replied just a minute ago to the thread I forgot to Mention that I Draw out of the rubber stopper with a very big 18G filter tip as i could never get the oil out with the 25g and that's also how I was shown to do it years ago

unless I was rushing and needed to wait a longer time for it to fill?? but ive tired and didnt see anything being pulled into the syringe with the 25g ...
Just push some air into the vial with. The 25-30g then drawback and wait. The oil will slowly seep in and fill the syringe. The small insulin syringes have move pull then the bigger luer lock ones. Take me a minute or two to fill .25ml into a 30g .5ml

fifty

You can’t draw with a 25g needle?? What is your test cyp mixed with? Honey?

I draw with a 25g. Takes 10-20 seconds.

madman

Super Moderator

No need to draw with and 18 gauge let alone inject using a 25 gauge.

Draw/inject using the same syringe (low dead space fixed insulin syringe) 27-31 gauge and save yourself the hassle let alone medication waste.

madman

Super Moderator
Most are using 1ml fixed insulin syringes 27-31 gauge 1/2" or 5/16" needle length.

I have always used the 1ml BD U-100 insulin syringes 28 gauge/ 1/2" needle length.

I eventually switched over to the .5ml BD U-100 insulin syringes 28 gauge/ 1/2" needle length as I find they are more compact and feel really good in the hand when injecting let alone the markings are easier to read for some.

I also find drawing is slightly quicker.

Although I only inject twice weekly.....the .5ml are great for someone injecting daily or EOD using lower injection volumes.

EasyTouch Insulin Syringe - 28G .5CC 1/2" - BX 100

Easy Touch Insulin Syringes 28 Gauge | Total Diabetes Supply

keithc2485

Ill have my pharmacy switch me to them then . I honestly never knew i was able to go that small .
Very much appreciated buddy ✌

As for my missing half of week... Would u use the androgel if you were me?

madman

Super Moderator
Ill have my pharmacy switch me to them then . I honestly never knew i was able to go that small .
Very much appreciated buddy ✌

As for my missing half of week... Would u use the androgel if you were me?

If you are going to be missing a full week before your next injection than you may very well feel shitty towards the end of the week but it is not the end of the world!

If you are only going to be missing 4 days since your last shot before you have meds again for your next injection than highly doubtful 4 days will make a difference as you are already injecting every 3.5 days so if you will have meds to do your next injection 4 days since your last injection than .5 days longer is going to make absolutely no difference.

fifty

One of my best friends is a powerlifter. He gets his test from one of his connects. He will miss a few weeks sometimes if he runs out and forgets to order more and doesn’t give a shit and is fine.

tmaxey1

It’s crazy if you think about it how the prescription process and shipping times has us all by the balls. Heaven forbid you drop and break a vial of your own medication. You are expected to just suffer for a month waiting for this arbitrary time to expire so you can get more medicine.

This type of thing drives us to buy a few vials of underground test for the delay in shipping or leaking test vials ect.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me