Med student here. I have been on TRT since 21. Here is what I have learned about ED, libido and hormones.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

i agree. Progesterone converts into allopregnanolone, which can lead to lethargy. Furthermore, progesterone directly decreases sex drive by acting at various nuclei in the hypothalamus

Does progesterone convert into allopregnanolone if u inject straight progesterone?

There’s a thread about a few guys here using injectable progesterone and they don’t seem to have any decreased sex drive from using it

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

M.J

In my experience, I personally and also many others I know, feel a lot better once they lower HCG -and in some cases even cut it out completely
Here what happened after my post, I lowered HCG by half from 500 to 250 and had a nice honeymoon for one week, the week after my libido went back flat stable.
Next week I will try to take it up again to 500 maybe I will get that libido.
bottom line the only thing happen when I lowered my HCG is get another honeymoon period which seems it only lasted for a week.

M.J

If changing hcg weekly does generate libido hell I will do this weekly . But I feel I have to stay on this protocol for sometime to see any honeymoon period when I change. We will see next week ;)

Fortunate

I have posted on hCG. My latest conclusion: I do well on it, but at a very low daily dose. 100IU a day. For those struggling with it maybe consider a similar approach?

M.J

I have posted on hCG. My latest conclusion: I do well on it, but at a very low daily dose. 100IU a day. For those struggling with it maybe consider a similar approach?
I am experimenting with this now, it’s interesting that 100 did something.

Hormetheus

I use 125 IU twice per week. As long as testicular health is good -in my opionion- this is all one needs

4everyoung

I jumped on EM tonight to finally post about my struggle with fluctuating libido and found this thread.
I'm sorry to hear so many people are struggling with this but it's also good to know that I'm not alone.

It seems that a change in HCG or AI seems to give me a honeymoon period for a few days and then I drop back down to a 4.5/10. It's very frustrating.

From what I'm reading here, it seems like there's still no general consensus on how to solve this issue.

I imagine it is both very subjective, but may also require perhaps a more complex protocol that fluctuates in some way.

I intend to start testing a lot more to try and gather more data to solve this problem for myself. I want to have tests ordered and on standby so that I can go get my levels checked as soon as my libido is up.

If I wanted to test all the most significant hormones related to libido, what should I test?

The op states Thyroid, Cortisol, Testosterone, DHT, Prolactin, Estradiol.
Anything else I should get checked?

Systemlord

Testosterone converts to estrogen, estrogen increases serotonin and excess estrogen can lead to excess serotonin which causess low libido and ED, similar to taking an antidepressant or SSRI.

madman

Super Moderator
I jumped on EM tonight to finally post about my struggle with fluctuating libido and found this thread.
I'm sorry to hear so many people are struggling with this but it's also good to know that I'm not alone.

It seems that a change in HCG or AI seems to give me a honeymoon period for a few days and then I drop back down to a 4.5/10. It's very frustrating.

From what I'm reading here, it seems like there's still no general consensus on how to solve this issue.

I imagine it is both very subjective, but may also require perhaps a more complex protocol that fluctuates in some way.

I intend to start testing a lot more to try and gather more data to solve this problem for myself. I want to have tests ordered and on standby so that I can go get my levels checked as soon as my libido is up.

If I wanted to test all the most significant hormones related to libido, what should I test?

The op states Thyroid, Cortisol, Testosterone, DHT, Prolactin, Estradiol.
Anything else I should get checked?

Forget trying to mimic the honeymoon.

Hope you have realistic expectations.

*Most of them still strongly believe that increasing their testosterone levels will improve their libido

*This hormone isn’t the only biological factor with clear, substantial power over our libidos

*Notably, estrogen, although often characterized as the female sex hormone, plays a major role in maintaining male libido

*Estrogen and testosterone actually balance and support each other in any body

*Complete suppression of estrogen is a surefire way to destroy a man's libido

*Dopamine, serotonin, and oxytocin all play a role in libido, too

*Psychological factors like stress and anxiety can lower a person’s libido, no matter how robust their levels of testosterone, estrogen, or any other biological element may be. So can social factors, like relationship troubles

*Even personal beliefs or values about sex and relationships can have a top-down effect on our bodies

*Libido is very complex, and definitely poorly understood

*Testosterone is a threshold hormone. Our bodies need a certain amount for normal functions, but beyond that, there is not necessarily any additional benefit

*The effects of testosterone on libido are incredibly mixed and complicated

Any number of chronic or acute health issues can affect libido, directly or indirectly. Notably, conditions including diabetes, kidney and liver diseases, recent weight increases, thyroid disorders, and even sleep apnea can all cause a decrease in testosterone, and thus libido, and that decrease can often be reversed by treating this underlying health issue

*Many common drugs, from antidepressants to anticonvulsants, cancer treatments to contraceptives, and more, can all lower libido themselves

*Focus on improving your exercise regimen, hydration, and sleep hygiene These are the low-hanging fruit of libido health

*The hormone works best for people who have the rest of their health in order

Charliebizz

Testosterone converts to estrogen, estrogen increases serotonin and excess estrogen can lead to excess serotonin which causess low libido and ED, similar to taking an antidepressant or SSRI.
When are we going to stop vilifying estrogen ?? Seems most guys with libido issues on the forums mess around with a.I. also I’ve been on and off ssri meds for years. Never lowered libido. Only issues ever had was with sensitivity and climax. But that’s on higher doses.

Systemlord

When are we going to stop vilifying estrogen ??
I simply stated a fact, that estrogen influences serotonin levels and that excess of one can lead to excess of another.

Who said anything about vilifying estrogen?

Let’s flip this round, testosterone increases hemoglobin, and hematocrit, excess testosterones can cause excess, hemoglobin and hematocrit.

By your logic, I just vilified testosterone?

I’ve been on and off ssri meds for years. Never lowered libido.
The whole point to including more patients in a randomized placebo controlled trial, is because not everyone will have the same response, side effects to a drug. Thresholds for side effects are very individual.

Last edited:

Charliebizz

I simply stated a fact, that estrogen influences serotonin levels and that excess of one can lead to excess of another.

Who said anything about vilifying estrogen?

Let’s flip this round, testosterone increases hemoglobin, and hematocrit, excess testosterones can cause excess, hemoglobin and hematocrit.

By your logic, I just vilified testosterone?

The whole point to including more patients in a randomized placebo controlled trial, is because not everyone will have the same response, side efffets to a drug. Thresholds for side effects are very individual.
It’s just the way you post. You’ve been around a long time. And it’s very easy for people to take a lot of your posts out of context.

op was talking about libido issues and you posted about estrogen and serotonin leading to libido issues did you not ?

Gman86

increased estrogen levels can increase TBG (thyroid binding globulin) which can bind to thyroid hormones like SHBG does to sex hormones, and result in less available thyroid hormones to bind and act on receptors. Low thyroid function can also effect libido in a negative way

Gman86

It’s just the way you post. You’ve been around a long time. And it’s very easy for people to take a lot of your posts out of context.

op was talking about libido issues and you posted about estrogen and serotonin leading to libido issues did you not ?
I can see what u both are saying. But obv it’s all about balance. Everyone knows that too high of estrogen, for that specific individual, can cause issues. Same with too high of a testosterone level for that individual. Neither testosterone or E2 should ever be viewed as bad, or vilified. Same with every hormone in the body. The human body would never produce a hormone that’s actively out to harm itself. The purpose of the human body is to be able to adapt, survive, and reproduce/ pass on its genes. There’s no such thing as a bad endogenous hormone. Doesn’t mean that too high or low of levels of these hormones don’t come with negative consequences to our health and well-being. All about balance obv

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me