Managed hematocrit but not hemoglobin?

Buy Lab Tests Online

M.J

After I found out a good dose and managed my hematocrit I am facing now another issue.
Hemoglobin increases and went up to 17.4
I just donated to take it down.
I want it to be around 15.5 what do you guys do regarding increases in hemoglobin?? I don’t see a lot of thread about it as much as hematocrit.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
T

tareload

T

tareload

1671549907037.png

1671549932502.png

T

tareload

So I have to lower dose again? I am already at 20mg EOD :(.
I have no idea. You have not provided information to help guide an answer and no one on the internet can answer that for you.

You asked about the information content of Hct vs Hgb and I answered it for you. Work with a responsible provider you trust.

M.J

I have no idea. You have not provided information to help guide an answer and no one on the internet can answer that for you.

You asked about the information content of Hct vs Hgb and I answered it for you. Work with a responsible provider you trust.
What kind of information you need ?
My protocol is 20mg eod with hcg 500 eod and fsh 70 also eod.
Hematocrit is 49 stable also sometimes 48.
Hemoglobin 17.4

Before trt I was:
Hematocrit 43
Hemoglobin around 15

T

tareload

Hemoglobin 17.4

Before trt I was:
Hematocrit 43
Hemoglobin around 15
Congrats, ref range for Hct on your lab work?

If typical ref range then what is the issue? Is your provider satisfied? Just because you want to keep Hct at baseline (even on TRT) doesn't mean it is realistic.

Pre-existing issues? Inflammation status, cRP? Resting heart rate? BP? Short of breath? Exercise intolerance? Waist to height ratio?

M.J

Congrats, ref range for Hct on your lab work?

If typical ref range then what is the issue? Is your provider satisfied? Just because you want to keep Hct at baseline (even on TRT) doesn't mean it is realistic.

Pre-existing issues? Inflammation status, cRP? Resting heart rate? BP? Short of breath? Exercise intolerance? Waist to height ratio?
as i understood hemoglobin 17.4 is high. i think it should be higher than 16.5
this is mot only the case i can feel my joints a bit tough as soon as i donated they got much better, i feel this specially when i go to bed at night.

Pre-existing issues? no isseus
Inflammation status ? no issues
cRP? i sleep well
Resting heart rate? BP? i think 75-133
Short of breath? Exercise intolerance? Waist to height ratio?

i have no other problems i exercise daily for the past 22 years

T

tareload

as i understood hemoglobin 17.4 is high. i think it should be higher than 16.5
Always post reference ranges from the lab work with your results.

Where are you getting a target of >16.5? Above you stated a target of 15.5. Rationale?

Glad you are feeling better after donation.

Long term sustainability of donation and iron status something to consider.

cRP = c reactive protein.

Time you put into your posts may help what you get out.

I asked about RHR and BP. What does 75-133 refer to?

RHR = _______

BP (SBP/DBP) = ________

Any changes over baseline before TRT?

Your first post stated you are managing your Hct. If you are managing your Hct then you are managing your Hgb unless you have another blood disorder (see info above).

More info...

Key word MCHC:

Post your CBC results not just your Hct or Hgb. Perhaps this may help others understand their blood count results as well as you.

@Jason Sypolt @Nelson Vergel : an observation

I notice the preview included with linked posts on here do not match the actual linked content (instead it is a preview of first post on the same thread page as the linked post). I wonder if this works against impatient members who then do not read the linked posts and think the post is not germane to them. See above for example. The impatient reader would think both posts linked above are the same post.

Last edited by a moderator:

M.J

Please see below my results.
My hemoglobin keep going up
I reduced my EOD from 20mg to 15mg EOD

hematocrit is stable been like this for a year now but hemoglobin keep going up. Where I donate they told me you last time I donated was 6 month ago and I was in the same high.
6A54653F-8455-414E-89EC-6B48B96F9305.jpeg

Last edited:
T

tareload

Ref range on your Hct makes little sense assuming you are natal male over 18 years of age. Does anyone on this forum understand why especially given the range on Hgb? Pop quiz. Why are the reference ranges for Hgb and Hct above not self consistent?

Numbers look good if it was me. You start getting into low to mid 50s and good Doc will start to have concern.

You would have to post all the blood work over time if you want a thoughtful answer on why Hct would stabilize but Hgb keeps going up. Hct and Hgb move in tandem and no dehydration would not explain a deviation.

Systemlord

hematocrit is stable been like this for a year now but hemoglobin keep going up.
Laboratory testing is only so accurate, it is not 100%. Trying to manage your perfect healthy, normal hemoglobin and hematocrit having no symptoms is ill advised.

M.J

Laboratory testing is only so accurate, it is not 100%. Trying to manage your perfect healthy, normal hemoglobin and hematocrit having no symptoms is ill advised.
I have tested this in two places the second w before donating.

My reason for donating was stiffness in my joints. I am not sure stiffness is the right word but I can few they have issues specially when wake up.

Systemlord

My reason for donating was stiffness in my joints. I am not sure stiffness is the right word but I can few they have issues specially when wake up.
Normally symptoms of high hemoglobin is high blood pressure, headaches, fatigue, abdominal pain and rarely vision changes.

High estrogen cause increase the amount of water retention leading to stiff joints, the exact opposite of low estrogen.

You’re barking up in the wrong tree with this idea your “normal blood parameters“ is causing stiff joints. You become a little dehydrated after donating, the loss of water may lessen your fluid retention in your joints, but it is a bandaid solution and ill advised.

My endocrinologist just contacted me, tells me he talked at length to a hematologist about my monthly phlebotomies and says there are no longer necessary.

My last hemoglobin was 18.4 and hematocrit 53%, both are above normal.

Last edited:

Pringle

I used to phlebotomy every other month. After years of crashing my ferritin multiple times and feeling miserable trying to hit a HGB/HCT #, I decided to evaluate what would happen if I stopped all phlebotomy activity. I have not gave blood now for well over a year and complete blood work every 8 weeks. My HCT and HGB has stabilized at 52 and 17.5. Both over range but well within parameters my Hematologist is ok with, as BP is in good shape controlled with meds. I think so many ride this rollercoaster when high range may not be a health concern to them in the first place.

K.pietera

Hemoglobin 17.4

Before trt I was:
Hematocrit 43
Hemoglobin around 15
Don't worry about it to much , as long as your platelets are in range and hematocrit is below 52% and hemogl. Below 19. Also check your bloodpressure. If you don´t have any negative symptomes don´t freak out if you see slightly above range numbers. We are not ´normal´ people but optimized people

Blackhawk

Questionable recommendations being shared here.

Personal anecdote is not good guidance. If your doctor says something is OK for you, it does not mean they would say the same to all of their patients, nor that all doctors would say it's OK for you.

Erythrocytosis can be dangerous, and the physical changes from it develop over the long term.

It's not only the number, but symptoms. If you are at 50% and have symptoms with exertion... you are at risk for developing High BP, cardiac hypertrophy and fibrous changes to the heart tissue... not good.

If there is any actual evidence showing that long term consequences of erythrocytosis are magically moot for those on TRT. I would like to see it.

I am not talking about the claims from AAS pundits disguised as TOT aficionados, but actual clinical data. Please show me real evidence, not hearsay.

T

tareload

Erythrocytosis can be dangerous, and the physical changes from it develop over the long term.

It's not only the number, but symptoms. If you are at 50% and have symptoms with exertion... you are at risk for developing High BP, cardiac hypertrophy and fibrous changes to the heart tissue... not good.

If there is any actual evidence showing that long term consequences of erythrocytosis are magically moot for those on TRT. I would like to see it.
Amen.

1672502649653.png

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com