Macroprolactin - has anyone treated it here?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Just got some bloodwork back...I've had macroprolactin for a while (supposedly biologically inactive prolactin bound to IgG) but it's hitting some new highs lately, while sexual function is hitting new lows.

My neuroendocrinologist thought it was from elevated E2 from TRT (E2 can drive prolactin up), but this test seems to prove otherwise as E2 is down and PRL is way up.

That said, I've read research on macroprolactin being symptomatic, just not quite as bad as normal elevated prolactin.

Curious if anyone here has treated it, or has any other experience with it.

1585156110424.png

*monomeric is prolactin not bound to IgG, fyi - i.e. should be the only active form

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
For some guys active prolactin of 18 ng/mL is plenty enough to cause problems. I suspect I started having issues just from going over 10—pre-TRT baseline was 6.

For some guys active prolactin of 18 ng/mL is plenty enough to cause problems. I suspect I started having issues just from going over 10—pre-TRT baseline was 6.

That's where it gets weird...I've been trying quinagolide (another dopamine agonist from Canada), and just like cabergoline and bromocriptine, it's worsening my sexual function. I'm not sure if it's too much or what.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
howd you get such a low dose? Dissolve in alcohol?
I create a dry dilution with maltodextrin. Maybe not as accurate as a wet dilution, but it is convenient and I worry less about degradation. I use a mortar and pestle to turn the 0.5 mg tablets into dust and mix thoroughly with the appropriate volume of the filler. Then I measure doses by volume. Specifically, because I have a fractional teaspoon measuring set, the dilution rate is one tablet per teaspoon of volume, and the dose size is 1/16 teaspoon.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me