Lowering Testosterone May Reduce Severity of COVID-19

Buy Lab Tests Online

DragonBits

The science behind testosterone and COVID-19

May 28, 2020

A new study led by David Goldstein, PhD, director of the Institute for Genomic Medicine at Columbia University Irving Medical Center, and Xinchen Wang, PhD, a postdoctoral researcher at the institute, informed the idea to treat COVID-19 by reducing testosterone. Lowering testosterone could lessen the severity of COVID-19 disease by preventing the new coronavirus from entering lung cells, according to a new study from researchers at Columbia University Irving Medical Center.

Using existing data on the effects of hundreds of drugs on human cells, the researchers sought to identify compounds that can regulate the expression of genes that encode key viral entry proteins. Their work showed that TMPRSS2 represented the most promising viral entry protein to target and that lowering testosterone would be the best available option for lowering the expression of TMPRSS2.
“The new coronavirus cannot enter cells without the help of the TMPRSS2 proteins on our lung cells,” Goldstein says. “Our analysis suggests that decreasing testosterone will lower TMPRSS2, interfere with viral entry, and reduce the severity or duration of COVID-19.”

In the analyses, which also looked for drugs that could target other proteins used by the virus, “TMPRSS2 really stood out as the best opportunity to treat patients,” Goldstein says. “We know that hormones can greatly alter TMPRSS2 levels and there is evidence that lowering TMPRSS2 levels prevents entry of the virus.”
Based on these findings, a clinical trial to test the effect of reducing testosterone in COVID-19 patients is set to begin at three Veterans Affairs hospitals in New York City, Los Angeles, and the Seattle region.
The study will enroll 200 hospitalized male patients who will be randomized to receive a placebo or one dose of degarelix, an FDA-approved drug that quickly eliminates testosterone from the bloodstream and is widely used to treat men with advanced prostate cancer.

Read the full story here.

Read the full story here.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DragonBits

Except that all the old guys dying have low testosterone. Something that actually does work it mega dosing melatonin.

At this point, I don't think anything really works outside of lucky genetics and good health.

I haven't been taking melatonin and have a fairly high testosterone level, I had covid without even being aware of it.

They eliminated testosterone, brought it close to zero with degarelix, not just lower on a range. Women have much less severe cases and have much lower testosterone than even old men.

But I don't have an opinion on what works, just reporting this because it involved testosterone.

There are several studies that say blood type O is protective, not that you can change your blood type.

Westin

So you’re going to screw up your protocol and have to wait 8 weeks to see if a new dose works and you don’t even know if this guy is right???

Everyone ran to hydoxycloriquin and it turns out it does nothing for covid and introduces a higher death rates. Relax. If you’re a Fox news fan, check more than one source for your news. They certainly give a one sided view and some of the more insane posts I’ve read here regarding covid tie directly back to stuff aired on Fox that turned out to be proven incorrect.

They bark back whatever the administration wants them to. Inform yourself and be safer. There are many sources for news, only listening to one source is on you. Check BBC, NPR, CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox, CNN, Wall street journal, etc. Listen to more than one view. Make up your own mind. Don’t just take what one news organization says as the truth. God (if you believe) gave you a brain so you can figure this stuff out, if you use it.

Last edited:

robegu

This study is another example of why we need to be wary of regular medicine. As TorontoTRT said its the old guys with low test that are hospitalized. More women get it than men. What next? castration to fight Covid? I would propose a study to see if raising your test levels help fight the virus,

DragonBits

This study is another example of why we need to be wary of regular medicine. As TorontoTRT said its the old guys with low test that are hospitalized. More women get it than men. What next? castration to fight Covid? I would propose a study to see if raising your test levels help fight the virus,

To be fair, I think they are only using this treatment to men that are already hospitalized.

Though the steroid dexamethasone seems like a better choice.

Westin

I think society is so used to an instant answer; Ask Siri, Google it for you instant answer. Sometimes it takes time until we know. The smart phone isn’t going to get the answer just Yet. Back in the 70’s it was just a given that there weren’t answers for a lot of things. We’re all stomping our feet because we can’t get a cure in five minutes. We’re running to unproven treatments, some that can cause more harm because we can’t accept that right now there is no cure.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me