Low testosterone, Clomid?

Buy Lab Tests Online

nash615

I was found to overall low total testosterone back in March 2015 from my GP. (158 ng/dl) I decided to get checked out because I just felt tired, and no energy. I had no problems with ED, but it was just an overall fatigued feeling with moodiness. Everything checked out fine except the total testosterone. I felt I was lucky she decided to check. I was referred to ENDO, which took forever to get an appointment with in late May 2015.

Blood work:

Testosterone, FREE - 47.70 ( Range : 46.0 - 224.0 )
Testosterone, Bioavailable - 102.20 ( Range 110.0 - 575 )
Testosterone, Total - 209.00 ( Range 250-1100)
Albumin, Serum: 4.70 ( Range 3.6 - 5.1 )
Sex Hormone Binding: 13 ( Range 10-50)

Prolactin - 8.6 ( Range 2.0 - 18 )

FSH: 1.40 (Range 1.6 - 8.0)
LH : 1.90 (Range 1.5 - 9.3)

A1c : 5.6

Vitamin D, 25-OH : Total 22.00 (Range 30-100)

Ferritin : 124 ( Range 22-322 )

TSH: 1.19 ( Range .51 - 6.30 )
Free T4 : 1.29 (Range .89 - 1.76)

Iron: 62 (Range 45-182)
UIBC: 287 (Range 155-300)
TIBC: 349 ( Range 250-425)

CBC and CMP all within normal ranges.

I was 265 lbs, 30 years old, and 6'3 at the time of the visit. All the symptoms I described from back in March pretty much went away after a few weeks. So when My ENDO appointment finally arrived my energy level, mood, everything were great. Obviously due to the very low number from March I wanted to follow up with the ENDO.

Ironically, my wife and I purchased a home in March as well. This was quite the burden when we first moved in, but once the symptoms disappeared I became way more active from my old apartment style of living. A massive amount of home projects, and very large yard to keep up, etc.

After a lengthy discussion with my ENDO he felt I should continue to stay more active and make a push to lose weight. He noted since my overall well being and energy level was better staying more active it was possible to improve my numbers by losing weight, eating better, etc. He also asked if we wanted to have kids, which we possibly do down the road. He did not want to offer TRT due to age and those reasons. Since I wasn't feeling any symptoms during this time I was fine with this plan of action. He wanted to come back in 4 to 6 months later.

During the summer and early fall I got down to 235 lbs (roughly 30 lbs lost). I was eating healthier, felt even better, and felt great between first ENDO appointment and early November.

The first week of November everything started to go down hill. Those similar symptoms I had back in March had returned. Brain fog, not able to concentrate easily, tiredness that sleep doesn't resolve. Also, this time I am experiencing ED issues. Libido has declined etc. I was hoping the symptoms would improve, but hasn't really completely gone away now. Around Thanksgiving I decided to schedule a follow up with the ENDO. To my surprise the earliest appointment wasn't till late January. I tried to get into other ENDO doctors, but the appointments were all far out as well.

Out of desperation and concern I was able to get an appointment with a urologist that treats low test earlier this week. I'm trying to determine if this urologist is just a quack or could help me. I tried to explain this entire story to him and he immediately started talking about depression and anti-depressionants. His reasoning was since the symptoms "come and go". He only met with me maybe 10 minutes and our entire discussion focused on depression. I'd be lying if I said I haven't been "down" through some of this, but I feel depression could be a symptom of all of this rather than an independent issue.

He reviewed all of my blood work and agreed I was low. He rolled his eye wondering why the ENDO didn't try Clomid, HCG, or TRT. He then proceeded to tell me he wanted me to try Clomid to see if it would help make me feel better. I pushed for labs, but he told me we can do them after 2 months of Clomid. He proscribed 50 MG to be taken 3 X per week (mon, wed, and friday).

Just his overall attitude and demeanor really makes me feel like he is a quack. I've done a lot of reading on Clomid and I'm not sure I want to try it. My biggest concern though is I haven't had labs in 6 months, so should I listen to a doctor that just wants me to "try this" basing it off labs from 6 months ago? He shoved depression and antidepressants down my throat too.

I have an appointment in about 5 weeks with the previous ENDO. I just hate feeling like this till then. I am still trying to exercise when I feel like it, but it's not that often. I'm not against taking Clomid, but I feel uncomfortable trying it based on old labs, and a doctor that thinks I'm just sad. I am also trying to eat right, but Thanksgiving holiday did mess that up some.

I apologize in advance for the rather lengthy post and appreciate any feedback or comments!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

maxadvance

What a bunch of bureaucracy, that sucks. I'd suggest, like so many others, to call Defy Medical. Check their website, make an appointment with Dr Saya(takes about 2 weeks to get scheduled), and for under $200 you'll get a full hour consult with him. By the end of the convo, he'll probably know whats up with you, make recommendations for your treatment, and authorize prescriptions for you for the next 90 days. And likely under $250 for the whole term. You'll need to send copies of your bloodwork ahead of time, or get new work done through them for under $200. Your life and your wife will thank you.

Vince

Super Moderator
Nash Welcome, you do need a new doctor. Someone who specializes in TRT. If you post area maybe someone can help you find a good doctor or like max said you can try Defy Medical, that's who I use :D

ERO

Yes, go with Defy and get going on a protocol that will work. Endos have about the worst track record for TRT possible - there are exceptions of course, but in general this is what we see day in and day out on the forum.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me