Low T and depression. could depression tank testosterone?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Rydrax

for years i was a bit depressed and while time passed i started to feel more depressed until i hit my early 20’s and started to felt low energy, decline in libido, less motivation, more depressed, more brain fog and other depression and low t symptoms. could depression actually made my t go low or maybe the low t was causing the depression? i was constantly looking for help until a doc wanted to test for hormones and we saw low t

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

KenLowT

I don't know if it can cause Low T, but depression and anxiety can cause Low T like symptoms such as fatigue, irritability, lack of motivation, and anxiety.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
IMO it's probably the other way around ... Low T and other hormonal imbalances could prompt other reactions, affecting both psychological and physical well being.

Full labs are needed to help with some of the talking points ..

Vince

Super Moderator
And for me being on ssri my t levels actually went up around 100 points. Dr Mariano talked about it a lot.

I know 100pts isn’t that significant but it was the opposite of lowering it. Again ssri effects and side effects are very dose dependent.
So are you currently on trt, or because of your increase in testosterone trt was not needed?

Charliebizz

So are you currently on trt, or because of your increase in testosterone trt was not needed?
I’m off trt. I just can’t get It to work for me. Been 10+ years on and off with Dr. Crisler before he passed.

I am by no means saying ssri was a cure for my low t. I still have remaining symptoms of low t. But even trt never alleviated them. But being on ssri I’ve made the biggest positive change so far in my health journey.

Rydrax

I don't know if it can cause Low T, but depression and anxiety can cause Low T like symptoms such as fatigue, irritability, lack of motivation, and anxiety.

yeah im wondering if maybe dealing with depression first with therapy might actually improve something.

Rydrax

I’ve got a personal theory about the whole epidemic of low T in young men. I do believe there is a mental side of it that causes it. Depression is such a general term. I theorize that modern culture, workplaces, social circles, etc suppress natural masculine traits. I believe it has physical effects.

Yes I know I could never prove it. It explains a lot for me personally.
yes. i do think depression is cause by a lot of things. like not having erections for months is also really depressing.

Rydrax

IMO it's probably the other way around ... Low T and other hormonal imbalances could prompt other reactions, affecting both psychological and physical well being.

Full labs are needed to help with some of the talking points ..

thing is, most doctors always refer you to a psyquiatrist or something else for mental health and stop focusing on hormones. atleast what i heard and have experience this also.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
thing is, most doctors always refer you to a psyquiatrist or something else for mental health and stop focusing on hormones. atleast what i heard and have experience this also.

Many don't really understand the endocrine system and presume the culprit must just some psychological disorder, which they love to promote SSRI's to be the answer.

LOL a Heath Leger meme .., Many doctor won't think twice to prescribe SSRI's, pain killers, and other synthetic medications for patients with health complaints, but bring up the option of bio-identical hormone therapy to restore natural balance and the world goes crazy!

Rydrax

Many don't really understand the endocrine system and presume the culprit must just some psychological disorder, which they love to promote SSRI's to be the answer.

LOL a Heath Leger meme .., Many doctor won't think twice to prescribe SSRI's, pain killers, and other synthetic medications for patients with health complaints, but bring up the option of bio-identical hormone therapy to restore natural balance and the world goes crazy!

i heard they don’t know much because they still use the old stuff in college? i also heard of trt once monthly da fuck? my endo prescribed once bi weekly and i don’t like to go against docs and tell them to do atleast once.

Charliebizz

Here’s the thing though. Is it natural to inject testosterone into your body? What is the actual optimal level for you. All these guys talk about optimal levels in the upper range yet they are on a.i and donating blood. Is that even close to natural. Is taking insulin when you have diabetes optimal. Absolutely not. Is it Necessary for some sure. It’s same

I feel like with a lot of men except for primary and age related decline. It’s just the body’s way of saying something is wrong.same thing with pain killers. Pain is a signal to tell you something is wrong. And what do most people do just take pain killer instead of dealing with the actual issues. So trt is just as much a band as anything else. If it works for you great but it’s kind of crazy to convince yourselves this is anything close to natural.

I know I’m going to catch heat for this but it’s true and by no means am I saying that trt isn’t a viable option. Many will never get to the root cause and being on trt is a better option then not. But please let’s stop calling it optimal and natural

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me