Low Squats.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BigTex

Be very aware of maintaining the lordotic curve when you do these. Don't let the low back round. This could contribute to herniated disk issues. Same as with the leg press.

Vince

Super Moderator
Be very aware of maintaining the lordotic curve when you do these. Don't let the low back round. This could contribute to herniated disk issues. Same as with the leg press.
Yeah I love squats. Been doing them for 55 years. Boy that's a long time lol. I like to do one legged squats all the way down. And just good squat stretching my legs out. When I do squats with weights. I tried to go at least 10 inches from the floor or further. I think that's why my knees are in good shape and also my back.

BigTex

I use to love squats too. They are the "king of exercise." I used to use that same low squat position to stretch out the muscles of the posterior chain before I ever did my 1st set of squats. Its kind of a dynamic stretch.

Guided_by_Voices

I find front squats protect the low back fairly well since it forces a safe low back position if the rest of your form is good. Doing one-legged leg-presses or leg presses with leg flare similar to front squats can, for many people, prevent rounding of the low back at the bottom. I had some severe back issues several years ago and since then I have been only doing back squats with a very wide stance and no lower than parallel to keep my back as vertical as possible. I still get the low range work from front squats and leg presses.

CKO

I almost never do back squats. I really enjoy deadlift, front squats, goblet squats. Basically, anything you can bail out of. All of these exercises (leg press less so) build stability, core strength, and balance. Definitely good for you overall.

Guided_by_Voices

Another learning from my back injury was to make the majority of my deadlift work trap-bar deadlifts and eliminate full-range-of-motion straight-leg deadlifts. The trap-bar is easier on the spine.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me