Low SHBG Guys

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
I once asked a knowledgible doc on TRT how can I raise SHBG. He advised its tough for guys to increase but he felt a low carb diet would help most. Low carb means low insulin. Insulin has a strong inverse relation to SHBG.

As I dont like limiting my dietary choices much since eating healthy is hard enough, and as I dont want my cholesterol to go thru the roof from low carb (I have/had ED which is correlated to the high cholesterol I have), I’m testing out another natural method first that keeps insulin low, intermittent fasting. Curious to see if it raises shbg. I already read some studies that show the inverse relationship between shbg and insulin.

P.S. I realized I a big typo in the tips I gave in my 1st post here. If anyone read it, please disregard. I edited it and its correct now
Low carbs means high cholesterol. That's one of the biggest lies. It's kind of funny, because it was actually caused by the government. They thought eating fat increased cholesterol. Now they created a bunch of diabetics, with cancer and heart disease. :-(

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
SHBG doesn't affect absorption, but it DOES affect duration of action. Low SHBG guys will see great variance in peaks and troughs if injecting 1x per week than someone with higher SHBG.
Negative on the second. The plasma peaks and troughs and apparent half-life are a direct result of the absorption characteristics. Show me mathematically how you think this works. Do you agree that it's ok to use a linear model for metabolic clearance rate? I.e.:

MCR(T) = k * free_T

Cataceous

Super Moderator
... Low SHBG guys will see great variance in peaks and troughs if injecting 1x per week than someone with higher SHBG.
To clarify further, as I have in other posts, if you take a guy on TRT and lower his SHBG without changing other independent variables, then free testosterone must be basically unchanged, so total testosterone adjusts to match. This means that lower SHBG results in proportionally lower total testosterone. So from an absolute perspective, the variance in peaks and troughs is reduced, but as a proportion of average levels the variance is unchanged.

Charliebizz

To clarify further, as I have in other posts, if you take a guy on TRT and lower his SHBG without changing other independent variables, then free testosterone must be basically unchanged, so total testosterone adjusts to match. This means that lower SHBG results in proportionally lower total testosterone. So from an absolute perspective, the variance in peaks and troughs is reduced, but as a proportion of average levels the variance is unchanged.
I’m nowhere near as smart as you guys when it comes to trt and the human body. Or grammar lol. But I’m a low shbg guy and my numbers were very similar on all sorts of injection schedules. . So say my total and free t were almost the same on eod shots and once per week shots. And on 1x a week shot I would go for blood work around the 6th day after shot.

Systemlord

SHBG doesn't affect absorption, but it DOES affect duration of action. Low SHBG guys will see great variance in peaks and troughs if injecting 1x per week than someone with higher SHBG.

If my TT decreases 500->400 ng/dL, FT moves from the top of the ranges to slightly below midrange. My SHBG is low 14-22.

That's a pretty big fluctuation.

Rabbit91476

At what shgb Number do people typically need to considerable switching to eod. Or do you go by how you feel. I ask because when I switched from sq e3d to Im e3d I noticed more swings. One day felt really great muscles full lots acne. Better than I felt on sq. Two days later feel not as good. Acne subsiding

Systemlord

At what shgb Number do people typically need to considerable switching to eod. Or do you go by how you feel. I ask because when I switched from sq e3d to Im e3d I noticed more swings. One day felt really great muscles full lots acne. Better than I felt on sq. Two days later feel not as good. Acne subsiding

Usually when SHBG is <20, I always recommended daily or EOD dosing. If pre-TRT SHBG levels are in the high 20's, well TRT will more than likely push it <20 after TRT commences. If you change something about your protocol your levels are going to swing for about 6 weeks, but if you are stable then this is another story.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me