Low SHBG guys optimize free or total T?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Sergel

Has anyone ever clarified the difference between naturally low SHBG and TRT induced low low SHBG???? do we consider and treat natural/TRT imposed low SHBG the same?

My SHBG prior to TRT was averaging in the mid-high 30's, however, since starting TRT my SHBG has been single digit to high teens... I do notice the higher the TRT dosage the lower my SHBG goes.
Good point, same here.... low shbg now, was high 5 years ago when I started.

On 80mg week in 2 injections (2x 40mg to be clear) and my free T is always over range... I don't feel over stimulated, but on 100mg a week I do... I was not always this sensitive... I guess there is an acquired sensitivity (lowering of shbg?) to androgens...

Almost 5 years on trt here and still looking for the perfect recipe .... lol I ditched HCG for all the bad press it has in the scientific world right now... but it did not do much except overshoot my T so I had to lower my T dose...

Anyhow, I still feel 2000% better than before starting TRT so it's all good, but I would love to find the right spot to get a little more libido... that has been the main struggle...

t_spacemonkey

Armour Thyroid @ 2 or 2.5 grains "ALWAYs" raises my SHBG on every lab. It also improves my lipid profile.

I have a few posts of my past blood work floating around here showing the improvement.

I've started supplementing off/on with Thyroid meds because I read somewhere that TRT (Exogenous Test) also puts a lot of people into sub-clinical Hypo, which would make sense why the Thyroid meds help shbg, lipids, etc.. just a hassle dosing around working out and eating meals because it needs to be taken on empty stomach.
interesting. i tried armour, and made me anxious. my labs according to TRT clinic were tiny bit suboptimal. however later on my TSH/t3 improved on its own. i went from like 3tsh to just under 2.
I am wondering what the implications of low shbg are, other then lacking buffer of T.
it seems shbg is simply acting as a buffer between free/bound T and other hormones.
however, in case of T cyp which is a slow release ester, that should do the trick for most and avoid large T swings?

BillyJ03z

interesting. i tried armour, and made me anxious. my labs according to TRT clinic were tiny bit suboptimal. however later on my TSH/t3 improved on its own. i went from like 3tsh to just under 2.
I am wondering what the implications of low shbg are, other then lacking buffer of T.
it seems shbg is simply acting as a buffer between free/bound T and other hormones.
however, in case of T cyp which is a slow release ester, that should do the trick for most and avoid large T swings?
So as of right now I am on 18mg of Test Cyp (ED/Subc) and No Thyroid meds... in a few weeks I am going to draw labs 10hrs post inject and again at 24hr trough..... We will see how my SHBG responds from Test Cyp peak time and trough.....

I've done 10hrs post inject and Trough previously with Test Prop, but they were done in different weeks so I didn't get true picture relating to how just a specific injection reacts in my body... this time I am testing exactly post/trough in a 24 hour period and we will see how TEST total/free and SHBG rises and falls.

low shbg here, 1 injection a week now, along with hcg it works, for some freaking reason. I do 250mg ONCE a week, works WAYYY better than the ED and EOD protocols.

Also remember, we dont even know if low shbg means e2 dominant ,it might aswell mean dht dominant! We have a thread about that on here.
Do you use an aromatase inhibitor on this once a week schedule?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me