Low Platelets with HIGH H/H

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vulgr

I've been on TRT for about 2 years and have always been slightly paranoid about my higher Hematocrit and Hemoglobin. Hemoglobin usually runs around 18 (13.2-17.1) and Hematocrit usually runs around 52% ( 38.5-50). I've already done the donate blood / crash Ferritin thing and so I no longer donate blood...last time was 1 year ago. Took that long for Ferritin to climb back to 94 from 20.

My platelet count usually runs Low at 120-130 (140-400).

A few guys on these forums and on other forums have posted that having the Low platelets counters the High H/H because of the reduced risk of clotting with such a low platelet count.

That seems like a logical conclusion but have not seen anything study related to back that up?

What are your guys thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

High CBC levels don't cause clotting, blood clotting disorders do. Platelets needs to be elevated for blood to clot. You shouldn't need to donate until you reach 54%, olympians train at high altitude to take advantage of higher hematocrit.

Describe you TRT protocol and post all most recent labs and maybe we could suggest a way to lower hematocrit that doesn't involve blood donation.

Personally I don't think you have any problem related to CBC labs.

Last edited:

Vulgr

My current protocol is:
68 Mg Test Cyp a week -SQ, Split dosed every 3.5 days (Monday morning / Thursday Evening)
HCG - M,W,F mornings at 220 IU's for a total of 660 week.
Anastrozole - .10 mg week (compounded)

TT: 579 ng/dl (250-1100)
FT: 116.6 pg/ml (46-224)
SHBG: 22 (10-50)
E2 Sensitive: 16

My weekly dosage is on the low end of the scale based on other protocols I see here.

My SHBG has dropped from 48 to 22 after 2 years now. I used to register TT 900 or more at around the same FT of 140 mid range taking the same 68 mg week. I've started to feel a slight lag/ tiredness around Wednesday and Sunday the day before my next dose...i'm thinking the drop in half of the SHBG probably being the cause but not sure.

I'm about to switch my protocol to morning injections of 24 mg M,W,F (72 mg week) thinking I might be able to ditch the small amount of AI altogether and maybe keeping my H/H at 18/52 and lower.

I have additional bloodwork I can post... full CBC, Lipid, Thyroid, ect… if needed.

Systemlord

Your Free T isn't high enough, you need a small bump in dosing for sure. You may even find CBC labs lower on more frequent dosing, not always but worth a shot. We have a member here who has found success on daily dosing and hasn't had to donate blood for a couple of years.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me