Low Ferritin Question

Buy Lab Tests Online

MJ65

My current ferritin level is 18ng/mL without any blood donation in last 10 months. If I donate a pint of blood how much lower can my ferritin levels drop? If it drops in half I’m not sure if my symptoms could be much worse than they currently are.
My RBC is 6.2
Hemoglobin 18.8g/dL
Hematocrit 53.7%
This was after 5 weeks of testosterone cypionate 80mg per week. Protocol was 20mg IM Mon, Weds, Friday & Saturday.
Levels prior to starting injections were
RBC 5.5
Hemoglobin 16.9g/dL
Hematocrit 48.
Ferritin 67ng/dL
SHBG 44
Total testosterone was 629 measured at trough 2 days after injection and before next dose. Test levels were 310 before I started injections and failure on cream. I was instructed to stop treatment immediately by my provider which I did. I was also told not to donate blood due to low ferritin levels. These are the only labs I currently have as I ordered them myself through Quest. I did not want to wait 8 weeks for my provider since I was having symptoms of high RBC etc..

I know it varies but any idea how long before my RBC, Hct and Hgb will drop since it has now been 11 days since my last injection of 20mg? Since I was only on treatment for 5 weeks on a low dose I’m hoping this will normalize soon. It is probable that even the low dose testosterone has driven down my ferritin levels in response to increased RBC demand.

This was my first attempt using injections after multiple attempts with cream with no success. I am dealing with all the expected side effects and just trying to get through it. Probably my last attempt with T replacement therapy.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MJ65

The good news is my blood pressure has not increased at all, currently 120/75 and my resting heart rate is 55. I am 56 years old 6’3” 218lbs. Regular exercise and clean diet. Platelets currently 160 thousand/uL, prior to injections 150 thousand/uL

Systemlord

Red blood cells have a half-life of 120 days. TRT drags my ferritin levels down from 128 to 24 in just 6 months to where I have to supplement iron.

I'm having to take 200mg of bisglycinate iron daily.

Last edited:

Systemlord

Do you also have high RBC, Hct and hgb.
HCT was 52% and Hemoglobin 17.1 (Total T 469) before my 20mg increase. Don't know my RBC, but usually the other two are higher in relation to my RBC.

4 weeks ago ferritin was 24, which is why I'm taking iron. My ferritin levels increase quickly.

Last edited:

M.J

When my ferritin was very low not even boarder line low I had sleeping problems I can’t continue sleeping I keep waking up.
Also had major blood pressure issues. All went away when I started supplementing iron.

Last edited:

MJ65

Unfortunately iron supplements raise RBC etc so I can’t take them until my levels come down. What are pb issues?

Gman86

When my ferritin was very low not even boarder line low I had sleeping problems I can’t continue sleeping I keep waking up.
Also had major blood pressure issues. All went away when I started supplementing iron.
High blood pressure I assume?

M.J

High blood pressure I assume?
Yes but that was a result of multiple blood test as I was giving blood almost every two weeks to see my range it was stupid, plus one donation I crashed my ferritin I went to 9 can’t recal the units but low was around 22 I think. I was 9 I have the reference if you want I can look it up.

sleeping problems was solved immediately when I supplemented iron.

Gman86

Yes but that was a result of multiple blood test as I was giving blood almost every two weeks to see my range it was stupid, plus one donation I crashed my ferritin I went to 9 can’t recal the units but low was around 22 I think. I was 9 I have the reference if you want I can look it up.

sleeping problems was solved immediately when I supplemented iron.
No it’s ok, was jc about whether the low ferritin increased or decreased ur BP

Cataceous

Super Moderator
You might look into Natesto or Empower's similar nasal gel product. It's possible that short-acting testosterone like this would give you the boost you need without raising H&H. Maintaining HPTA function is an added bonus.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale