Buy Lab Tests Online
I found out that I have high Reverse T3, and subsequent tests revealed that I have very low Ferritin. My first test came in at 34 (30-400), so I began taking an Iron supplement (Proferrin Forte). After 45 days on this supplement, my Ferritin is now at 38.

I gave blood once back in June, and I don't know what my Ferritin was before that.

Date

Ferritin [30 - 400]

TSH [.45 - 4.5]

T4, Free [.82 - 1.77]

T3, Free [2 - 4.4]

RT3 [9.2 - 24.1]

9/6

N/A

10/1

11/15 (after Proferrin)

Why can't I absorb Iron?
What are the possible causes of low Ferritin?
How can I increase my Ferritin?

TRT Protocol:
100mg Test Cypionate E3.5D
0.3mg Arimidex E3.5D
500iu HCG MWF

Latest trough results:
Total T: 1229
Free T: 31.9

My endo started me on Armour Thyroid (1/2 grain for one month, then 1 grain after that), but I am concerned that I will still have issues converting the T4 into T3, and will just make more RT3 (because of the low Ferritin).

Thanks in advance!!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
L_Lysine and Vitamin C can both and together help with iron absorption. I too have the same problem, donating just destroys my ferritin, Ive been in the single digits. The last ~60 days I used one bottle of "Blood Builder" and I'm also now using a liquid iron supplement. I've not retested anything yet. But I don't feel better, very neutral where I might still feel winded or out of breath or could just need some more cardio.

L_Lysine and Vitamin C can both and together help with iron absorption. I too have the same problem, donating just destroys my ferritin, Ive been in the single digits. The last ~60 days I used one bottle of "Blood Builder" and I'm also now using a liquid iron supplement. I've not retested anything yet. But I don't feel better, very neutral where I might still feel winded or out of breath or could just need some more cardio.
Thank you! Do you mind sharing the name of the liquid supplement (if you'd recommend it)?

I don't donate blood but I also am working on a low iron/ferritin issue. I had an iron level of 47 ug/dl (50-212) and ferritin 34 ng/ml (34-336). My doc at Defy told me I shouldn't retest before 3 to 6 months because it won't be fixed before then. I took iron supplements for 11 weeks then retested and my new iron level was 101 ug/dl (50-212) and ferritin 48 ng/ml (34-336). My doc said serum iron is the first to come up then ferritin follows, that is why the ferritin barely budged. He said this next 3 months will have a much larger ferritin increase. He suggested that I will likely be taking iron supplements for another 3-6 months.

I was told that I don't appear to have an absorption problem since my levels came up with supplementation. I was also tested negative for stool blood. My meat intake is very high, so I'm not sure what my iron problem comes from.

My google doctor found me some sources that show that taking iron on alternating days might produce better absorption. I also found some sources showing that 1 big dose for the day might absorb better than multiple throughout the day. So I take 1 Nature Made Iron ferrous sulfate 65mg pill, and 1 Feosol carbonyl iron 45mg pill in the morning every other day. Once my carbonyl bottle runs out I will stop using it.

The problem I ran in to was getting trapped in a vicious cycle where I was being made to donate due to HCT/PCV, which wrecked my Ferritin and iron, then having those iron related problems and getting talked to about why Ferritin was so low. But then told to donate, again. And taking Iron seemed to just exacerbate the increased in HCT. I quit donating at this point.

Greyfox

My ferritin dropped to 6.8 and I was given an Iron infusion IV. My levels have been dropping for years, and all the docs ignored it even when it was below their range (reference range medicine when it suits them but ignored when it doesn't). Had my GI and colon checked, no issues and even some improvement, so their kind of at a loss as to why I am losing iron.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me