Low DHEA , SHBG and Cortisol

Buy Lab Tests Online

Tosselo

I’ve been on TRT for five years now , I was diagnosed with hypogonadism after an endo ordered some blood work and I came out with very low T levels, I was 30 years old at the time. My symptoms before the blood work were very low energy , weight gain and low libido . My endo put me on trt:
Test cypionate 100mg a week and nothing else.

I felt like crap even though I was on trt so I lasted with that same protocol for 4 years until I decided to do some research.i realized my protocol was horrible and decided talk to my endo to ask if I could get more test plus an AI(anastrozole) and HCG and he said NO! My test levels at the time were 490 on total testosterone and he never checked my estradiol and my DHEA , etc..
i decided to go to a health clinic near me(got bloodwork done) and they told me that my test was too low and my estrogen high plus I had low normal DHEA levels so they took care of me by prescribing me with testosterone cypionate 200mg + DHEA 10mg per 1ml a week plus 2mg of anastrozole and gonadorelin 50mcg 3 times per week, well it turns out I still feel like crap and my last blood word really worried me and I need help on how to raise my DHEA and SHBG , this were my last labs done on December 17th 2021

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Tosselo

This were my last lab results

Attachments

• 4A3FD4C9-CF17-433F-89BE-ED17F2682B49.jpeg
    4A3FD4C9-CF17-433F-89BE-ED17F2682B49.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 164
  • BBDB05B9-54C8-488F-B953-96B9420D97B8.jpeg
    BBDB05B9-54C8-488F-B953-96B9420D97B8.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 153

Systemlord

Your protocol is still horrible, far worse than before, you need very frequent dosing, small dose injections.

You can't really control SHBG, it's low do to genetics. What you need is 80-100mg weekly, maybe less, split up daily or EOD.

You won't need a high Total T level to have a sufficient level of Free T do to having low SHBG.

The 490 Total T level you had prior may have been too high, given your very low SHBG, but we just don't know because Free T was never tested.

You are being horribly mismanaged by doctors that don't know what the hell their doing. All the endo's I have access to are all clueless.

It's so difficult to find a sick care doctor that is up-to-date on sex hormones or TRT.

If you're not to crazy about daily injections, if you can get your insurance to cover Jatenzo taken by mouth orally twice daily, I say go for it.

Last edited:

Systemlord

You need to check your ferritin levels, I have had iron deficiency anemia and had my MCHC below range and RDW above ranges.

I would also check iron saturation.

TRT can't work if you are iron deficient because there are all sorts of metabolic abnormalities when one is iron deficient.

Please do yourself a favor, run away from this TRT clinic! They are just making money off you and have no idea how to manage male hormones.

Last edited:

Tosselo

Your protocol is still horrible, far worse than before, you need very frequent dosing, small dose injections.

You can't really control SHBG, it's low do to genetics. What you need is 80-100mg weekly, maybe less, split up daily or EOD.

You won't need a high Total T level to have a sufficient level of Free T do to having low SHBG.

The 490 Total T level you had prior may have been too high, given your very low SHBG, but we just don't know because Free T was never tested.

You are being horribly mismanaged by doctors that don't know what the hell their doing. All the endo's I have access to are all clueless.

It's so difficult to find a sick care doctor that is up-to-date on sex hormones or TRT.

If you're not to crazy about daily injections, if you can get your insurance to cover Jatenzo taken by mouth orally twice daily, I say go for it.
Thanks man ! My SHBG it’s still within normal low range level but I feel like crap ! What should I do with the DHEA ? Should I take a DHEA supplement ?

Tosselo

You need to check your ferritin levels, I have had iron deficiency anemia and had my MCHC below range and RDW above ranges.

I would also check iron saturation.

TRT can't work if you are iron deficient because there are all sorts of metabolic abnormalities when one is iron deficient.

Please do yourself a favor, run away from this TRT clinic! They are just making money off you and have no idea how to manage male hormones.
Also should I take an iron supplement? What do you think about Gonadorelin ?

Systemlord

My SHBG it’s still within normal low range level but I feel like crap !
Normal range or not, 9.5 is very low. Low SHBG is strongly associated with many diseases.

TRT typically lowers SHBG a little in most men, so without TRT yours would likely be higher.

What should I do with the DHEA ?
Your DHEA is in the gutter, you need DHEA supplement. DHEA normally converts to estrogen, so don't go overboard on dosing.

What do you think about Gonadorelin ?
This isn't normally used for TRT, HCG and FSH are used for fertility when wanting to have kids. Mostly HCG in conjunction with TRT causes side effects, this is why it's used strategically.

Also should I take an iron supplement?
Get those tests first, confirm iron deficiency.

Last edited:

Tosselo

Normal range or not, 9.5 is very low. Low SHBG is strongly associated with many diseases.

TRT typically lowers SHBG a little in most men, so without TRT yours would likely be higher.

Your DHEA is in the gutter, you need to DHEA supplement. DHEA normally converts to estrogen, so don't go overboard on dosing.

This isn't normally used for TRT, HCG and FSH are used for fertility when wanting to have kids. Mostly HCG in conjunction with TRT causes side effects, this is why it's used strategically.

Yes I will !! Thanks for the advice

Charliebizz

I wouldn’t say you “can’t really move shbg”. Many ways to raise and lower it. Now the real question is will you get any real benefits from doing so

Tosselo

Yes I will !! Thanks for the adviceNormal range or not, 9.5 is very low. Low SHBG is strongly associated with many diseases.

Your DHEA is in the gutter, you need DHEA supplement. DHEA normally converts to estrogen, so don't go overboard on dosing.

Attachments

• 0EBBF317-C54C-4F40-8B92-319AE6FB7DFA.png
    0EBBF317-C54C-4F40-8B92-319AE6FB7DFA.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 129E28DD-D7E5-45F7-8F1C-25FC6EB62224.png
    129E28DD-D7E5-45F7-8F1C-25FC6EB62224.png
    140 KB · Views: 123

Systemlord

My latest lab results @Systemlord
You seem to have made a small improvement in getting your iron to increase, but you you need more iron.

Your dosage is still too high and you need to drop it by at least 50%, retest and adjust. Again because of very low SHBG you don't need a high Total T to have sufficient Free T levels. I still believe a Total T at 490 may have been too high for you.

Last edited:

Tosselo

You seem to have made a small improvement in getting your iron to increase, but you you need more iron.

Your dosage is still too high and you need to drop it by at least 50%, retest and adjust. Again because of very low SHBG you don't need a high Total T to have sufficient Free T levels. I still believe a Total T at 490 may have been too high for you.
Thanks man ! I appreciate that

sjt23

"This isn't normally used for TRT, HCG and FSH are used for fertility when wanting to have kids. Mostly HCG in conjunction with TRT causes side effects, this is why it's used strategically."
Can you explain what are the side effects or possible side effects of using the HCG with TRT? I am on Test Cypionate and HCG twice weekly.

Systemlord

Can you explain what are the side effects or possible side effects of using the HCG with TRT?
Low libido, erectile problems, water retention and generally feeling unwell. In other words, there are more side effects than TRT alone. A lot of guys looking to restore fertility view HCG as a necessary evil.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me