low DHEA-S via labs, supplement?>

Buy Lab Tests Online

blinkyvx

value was 220, range was 196-440 some people say 500-600 is optimal, i bought 25mg caps of DHEA, wondering worth it to start? [ dont have photo of labs on me]

next how does TRT effect DHEA levles? my DHEA_S Level was checked prior to starting TRT FYI on 3/16/19

as far as symptoms looking for more libido/penile sensitivity/ mood/motivation

Last- is pregnenolone better to supplement as its first in hormone pathway?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
You might consider that your primary reason to use this stuff is because of a test result on a piece of paper. I'd sort out other things like getting on a steady protocol and getting solid T/FT/E2 numbers and consider DHEA/Preg way down the road. Too DHEA in males can aromatase more than any other supposed DHEA action. DHEA forms and delivery methods can maybe blunt some of the aromatase but it's E all the same and 25mg/D is too much. If you insist on it, try 5mg/D and judge tolerance for it.

blinkyvx

I'd sort out other things like getting on a steady protocol and getting solid T/FT/E2 numbers and consider DHEA/Preg way down the road.

-Note-
ive been on TRT since 3/23/19
-200mg for a week now doing Daily shots for 6 weeks as well. Haven't retested DHEA-S
symptoms
-low libido, fluctuating energy and motivation levels "zest for life"

6 weeks or 6 months, is only the beginning its not quite long enough to pass judgement on things.

There's no reason that you should be using 28.5mg per day / 200mg week.

I think you need to sort of this goofy protocol youre on before you start adding something else to the mix.

blinkyvx

i feel pretty good on it compared to 2x a week doses i was on for months . lowers HCT elevation, lowers peaks and valleys of 1, 2, or 3x a week dosing as well.

Do some looking into it and or try for yourself, before describing it as silly

Blackhawk

I don't know how to answer the question how does TRT affect DHEA-S levels, but I can say this:

Early on when I was on a bad transdermal protocol with compounded chrysin, my Total T was mediocre, My Free T poor and my E2 too low. Before having the TD protocol corrected I had labs done for intake with Dr Saya and Defy. MY DHEA-s was way below range. I started taking 25mg/day and started feeling MUCH BETTER! Dr Saya kept me on that dose for around a year until DHEA-S levels were actually above range. Since I have taken 12.5mg which seems to be a very good maintenance level for me.

As Vince said, DHEA can aromatize, and I do take a microdose of anastrozole with this protocol. Whether that is because of aromatizing Testosterone, HCG or DHEA, or combo of all three, I don't know, and it doesn't much matter to me at this point.. The bottom line for me is that I have been on essentially this protocol for quite a while and it works well. I have played around with tweaking it slightly, but keep coming back to the same.

Re: taking 200mg/week, maybe that works for you, but 150mg/week of T was WAY too much for me. My sweet spot is 84mg/week dosed 24mg EOD

YMMV.

Vince

Super Moderator
I do supplement with pregnenolone 10 mg and dhea 25 mg daily. Just to keep my DHEA in a good range, I really don't know if I feel any better with good levels of DHEA. Thankfully I've never had any issues with high estrogen.

blinkyvx

Yet here you are...complaining of poor results.

28mg/D is uncalled for.
Didn't like how i felt on 100mg a week or split doses after tracking symptoms daily for multiple months i saw a pattern. Thus made a change to daily.

Dhea has specific benefits from reading on it. And per my lab results mines sub optimal.

200mg split daily i feel pretty good. Waiting on doctor to approve next lab draw to obtain more info.

again calling other mens routines goofy and giving no helpful feedback is uselsss. Sounless you have something positive or helpful to say
Stop replying.

blinkyvx

I don't know how to answer the question how does TRT affect DHEA-S levels, but I can say this:

As Vince said, DHEA can aromatize, and I do take a microdose of anastrozole with this protocol. Whether that is because of aromatizing Testosterone, HCG or DHEA, or combo of all three, I don't know, and it doesn't much matter to me at this point.. The bottom line for me is that I have been on essentially this protocol for quite a while and it works well. I have played around with tweaking it slightly, but keep coming back to the same.

Re: taking 200mg/week, maybe that works for you, but 150mg/week of T was WAY too much for me. My sweet spot is 84mg/week dosed 24mg EOD

YMMV.

agreed, everyone has different mg/week that will have them feel
good

can you talk more about your symptoms before and after starting DHEA?
Yes read DHEA can convert to estrogen, hence continued labs when i am able and startingat a low dose of DHEA and track symptom changes if any occur

Blackhawk

agreed, everyone has different mg/week that will have them feel
good

can you talk more about your symptoms before and after starting DHEA?
Yes read DHEA can convert to estrogen, hence continued labs when i am able and startingat a low dose of DHEA and track symptom changes if any occur

Typical wide compliment of low T and low E symptoms. DHEA gave me immediate relief from mood related symptoms, decreased depressive feelings and overall moodiness. I took it in the evening and it helped with sleep, and started regaining some feeling of energy prior to changing the rest of the TRT protocol.

blinkyvx

latest labs
1576204723119.png

blinkyvx

i only had the few symptoms. Have since cut dose to 150mg/week and droped Hcg.
I also wonder about my prolactin and pregnenolone as they can relate to orgasm/ mood . as well as the elevated E2

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me