Losartan and creatinine levels

Buy Lab Tests Online

HealthMan

Anyone using losartan noticed an increase in serum creatinine levels? I was reading about it and it seems like one possible side effect but the population studied was old and with many health issues

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Anyone using losartan noticed an increase in serum creatinine levels? I was reading about it and it seems like one possible side effect but the population studied was old and with many health issues
Ive not seen that on the forum that I can think of. You're a gym guy, right? High protein diet? Use Creatine???

HealthMan

Ive not seen that on the forum that I can think of. You're a gym guy, right? High protein diet? Use Creatine???
I am a gym guy. And i read about ARBs potentially increasing creatinine. I will start losartan to help lower my BP at work (at home it is below 125/75) but at work it spikes. Just wondering if anyone here experienced an increase in creatinine after starting lasartan.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
"...there has been a wide variety of studies conducted with losartan. It has shown benefit in controlling hypertension, decreasing proteinuria, slowing the progression of type 2 diabetic nephropathy, and decreasing the risk of stroke in certain populations. In addition, favorable surrogate markers such as decreased platelet aggregation decreased uric acid, decreased proteinuria, and regression of LVH (left ventricular hypertrophy) have also been documented. For a first in class medication, which is touted as being a weaker angiotensin receptor blocker, it has shown remarkable outcomes. "

"...the overall effect of losartan on GFR can be variable, depending on whether the blood pressure remains in the renal autoregulatory range. If the blood pressure is within this range, losartan is associated with an increase in GFR (decreased creatinine). However, with low blood pressure, it may be associated with decreased, increased, or unchanged GFR."

Reference:
Fifteen years of losartan: what have we learned about losartan that can benefit chronic kidney disease patients?

Timeattackguy

There is a positive correlation between losartan and creatinine levels. Unfortunately, the literature does not document studies done on young individuals targeting muscle growth and fat loss.

HealthMan

A little over 1 week using losartan and my HR is on average 10 higher (rest HR was 67-70 before bow is 76-80). I have read that this can happen with the body trying to compensate for the lower blood pressure and it might be temporary. Lets see. If it is not temporary i will probably drop the losartan because. Higher HR causing me anxiety

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me