Long-term Use of Growth Hormone Does Not Increase Cancer Risks

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/cen.13502

Long‐term safety of growth hormone—A combined registry analysis

Objectives

Preliminary data from the French cohort of the Safety and Appropriateness of Growth hormone treatments in Europe (SAGhE) study raised concerns regarding the safety of recombinant human GH, suggesting that GH may increase mortality and incidence of stroke in patients treated during childhood for GH deficiency or short stature. We evaluated published safety data, focusing on mortality, neoplasms, cerebrovascular events and diabetes across a number of large‐scale pharmaceutical company GH registries.

Design

A literature review was conducted using PubMed, EMBASE and Google Scholar to identify all relevant safety data from manufacturers' GH registries published between 1988 and April 2016. Results were hand‐sorted to exclude nonrelevant publications; bibliographic references from retrieved articles were evaluated for any additional references.

Results

The published data do not support an increased risk of mortality in children or adults treated with GH. There was no evidence of an increased risk of stroke, new malignancy,
leukaemia, nonleukaemic extracranial tumours or recurrence of intracranial malignancy in patients without risk factors. The risk of a second neoplasm is increased, particularly if patients have received radiation therapy for a central nervous system tumour. There may be an increased risk of type 2 diabetes in GH‐treated patients, but this appears to be confined to those with pre‐existing risk factors.

Conclusions

Patients with risk factors for malignancy or type 2 diabetes should be treated with caution and monitored during follow‐up, but current published data provide reassurance on the long‐term safety profile of GH in patients receiving GH treatment.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Guided_by_Voices

While I agree that the anti-GH arguments circulating around the internet are wildly oversimplified and don't really show a clear risk to GH, this study seems to be looking at people who were deficient in GH and had their levels raised to normal levels, not the use of GH to go from normal to above normal for therapeutic purposes

Travis Shumard

I was on Protropin growth hormone from age 6 to18. Injections were 6 days per week and I began the treatment 1 year after receiving 3 years of chemotherapy & radiation treatment for Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia which also included testicular radiation. Absolutely zero recurrence of any cancer so far and I'm 41 years old now.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me