Long-Distance Running

Buy Lab Tests Online

TLawyer

Does anyone know of any studies or other authority on how many miles one can run each week (or each workout) without negatively impacting (and hopefully increasing) T levels? I know that the recommendation is to perform HIIT for a big T boost, but I'm talking about running/jogging maybe 4 miles 3-4 times per week (so anywhere from 12-20 miles per week).

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Golfboy307

I am a long distance runner so I can only offer my own story (study of n=1). When I was in my late 30's and early 40's I was running a lot of marathons (2-3 per year). After a few years my T levels dropped into the 300's. My mileage was in the 30-40 range per week. Coincidence? Normal aging? Never know for sure. I ended up going on TRT in my late 40's and never looked back. However, I now run 15-20 miles per week, no more marathons. I feel healthier overall.

There are studies out there that show ultra athletes (think 50+ miles per week) have worse cardiac outcomes than runners with lower mileage.

TLawyer

I am a long distance runner so I can only offer my own story (study of n=1). When I was in my late 30's and early 40's I was running a lot of marathons (2-3 per year). After a few years my T levels dropped into the 300's. My mileage was in the 30-40 range per week. Coincidence? Normal aging? Never know for sure. I ended up going on TRT in my late 40's and never looked back. However, I now run 15-20 miles per week, no more marathons. I feel healthier overall.

There are studies out there that show ultra athletes (think 50+ miles per week) have worse cardiac outcomes than runners with lower mileage.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, my issue is that all I can find are the "extremes" - if you don't do anything, that's bad, but if you run more than 50+ miles a week, that's bad too. No one seems to weigh in on the middle ground.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me