Liver concerns on TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

bluerage

I've been on trt for the past 5 year. It took almost 2 years to get started because it was difficult to get doctors on board. During those pre TRT years I tried to gather as much info as I could.
Now a friend of my just started but he's concerned that testosterone is hard on the liver. I don't recall coming across anything supporting this. Does anybody here know if liver is a concern when using testosterone?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Sean Mosher

Not with injectables.
If you were to take an oral androgen of some sort then yes those are very hard on the liver.
No liver toxicity with TRT.

bluerage

Thanks for the reply. Like I said I didn't come across anything about the liver. I know that orals are harmful but he's adamant that even injectable T can cause elevated liver enzymes.

S1W

I know that orals are harmful but he's adamant that even injectable T can cause elevated liver enzymes.

I have a couple of years worth of lab results that prove otherwise. No change in liver enzymes after 2.5 years on TRT.

Note that if part of your TRT protocol includes an AI, the AI may affect liver enzymes.

Sean Mosher

Anavar, Winstrol, Haloetc....

As far as I know the only one here in the US available under certain cirucmstances would be Oxandrolone (Anavar).
There's only mild liver toxicity with it though as long as it's reasonably dosed (that's my understanding).

Systemlord

My liver enzymes improved on TRT, my labs show a increase in liver enzymes a week after stopping TRT. As long as your testosterone levels are not low or in excess, good health is almost guaranteed as long as they are no other health problems.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
I've been on trt for the past 5 year. It took almost 2 years to get started because it was difficult to get doctors on board. During those pre TRT years I tried to gather as much info as I could.
Now a friend of my just started but he's concerned that testosterone is hard on the liver. I don't recall coming across anything supporting this. Does anybody here know if liver is a concern when using testosterone?

Esterified injectable testosterone is not known for causing any liver stress/toxicity.

If anything it is the c-17 alpha alkylated oral steroids such as android (methyltestosterone), oxandrolone (anavar), stanozolol (winstrol), methandrostenolone (dianabol), oxymetholone (anadrol 50), fluoxymesterone (halotestin)

Regarding c-17 alpha-alkylated orals and liver damage.....dose/duration/steroid play a significant role as to whether one would experience such negative effects.....let alone to what degree!

MarcoFL

My liver enzymes went up when I started TRT. I have found Tudca lowered them I am also trying to add glycine and taurine.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me