Lectins in food and Thyroid replacement?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

davidrn

Having an auto immune disease, and hypothyroidism, I was concerned about Lectins. When I prepare either beans or oatmeal, I soak them for 24 hours in filtered /well water, and add about a table spoon of buckwheat. Sara Pope from Weston A. Price Foundation and also she is the The healthy home economist.
As I understand, Lectins were believed to be a negative, because they decrease mineral absorption in the gut, but, some speculate there is a benefit for men, that poor absorption of iron is a good benefit. I don't know how they are related to the thyroid and meds, but I am sure there is an advantage to decreasing Lectin consumption by all men.

Joe Sixpack

Lectins are thought to increase one's susceptibility to auto-immune diseases. Lectins can contribute to leaky gut, which lets lectins into the blood stream. The body's immune system then gets confused by the lectins and starts attacking its own tissues and then you get auto immune issues. or maybe you won't. We don't know why some are prone to auto immune and others aren't. It is thought that to get any auto immune disease you must have leaky gut. And lectins are implicated in leaky gut. So it seems reasonable to minimize your exposure to lectins.

davidrn

Thanks, you wrote all the info I have forgotten, its been years since I read about, and treated my leaky gut. I started out with Paleo, then Gluten Free, then reintroduced grains and legumes, but, I followed the suggestions in Weston A Price's cook book on how to reduce the Lectins in those foods.

SilverSurfer

Thanks, you wrote all the info I have forgotten, its been years since I read about, and treated my leaky gut. I started out with Paleo, then Gluten Free, then reintroduced grains and legumes, but, I followed the suggestions in Weston A Price's cook book on how to reduce the Lectins in those foods.

There is no such thing as “leaky gut”. It simply defies all logic to believe something so silly.

Debunking the Myth of ‘Leaky Gut Syndrome’

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching