Latest results

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jeepster

I'm almost 42 y/o, live a healthy lifestyle (exercise, eat healthy, no illegal drugs, no medications, don't drink nor smoke) I just had my annual exam and all the blood tests came out great, but I'm just a bit confused with my testosterone results. What is the ideal ideal SHBG and free Test free levels?

My total test is 471 ng/dl
SHBG - 53 nmol/L
Free Test - 71 pg/ml

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I would put the ideal level for SHBG in the range of 25-35 nMol/L. Yours is on the high side. This is reflected in free testosterone that's lower than ideal. Assuming default albumin, Tru-T calculated free testosterone is about 14 ng/dL, which is a little under the healthy normal range of 16-31.

Jeepster

I would put the ideal level for SHBG in the range of 25-35 nMol/L. Yours is on the high side. This is reflected in free testosterone that's lower than ideal. Assuming default albumin, Tru-T calculated free testosterone is about 14 ng/dL, which is a little under the healthy normal range of 16-31.
Thanks for the input. If that's the case, how do I lower my SHBG while raising my free testosterone? If it helps, my albumin is 4.6 and my vitamin D is at 41.

Vince

Super Moderator
Your labs aren’t very good for 42-year-old male. The best way to improve your levels. Get eight hours of sleep every night, resistance training, walk. Of course stress can really hurt you. By eating healthy, what does that really mean. For me it would be, no spiking of insulin.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Thanks for the input. If that's the case, how do I lower my SHBG while raising my free testosterone? If it helps, my albumin is 4.6 and my vitamin D is at 41.
Some other ideas, though probably nothing too dramatic:

Systemlord

What is the ideal ideal SHBG and free Test free levels?
You are going to get a different answer depending on who you talk to, I start feeling great when my Total T is above 300 (originally 91 ng/dL) and I feel really good on the lower-mid end of the Free T ranges.

I don't see any reference ranges, but those Free T labs look to be on the lower end if I'm not mistaken. As far as lowering your SHBG, it's not usually something we have a great deal of control over.

As far as what Free T levels are ideal for you, that's only something you can answer.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching