Labs: what would cause my E2 to be so low?

Buy Lab Tests Online

JCUSN

I’ve come off of TRT, and been off since February.

Total t: 534 ng/dl
Free t: 62.5 pg/ml
Estradiol: less than 15

Does my free T look bad? My whole reason for starting TRT years ago was because of my low free t and very high SHBG.

But my estradiol is very low. I have very very low libido. No morning wood ever. Dick feels “shriveled,” but no problem getting hard.

Something else of note, I have very very low sperm count, and very low semen volume too (less than 1.5mL).

How can I bring up my estradiol?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I’ve come off of TRT, and been off since February.

Total t: 534 ng/dl
Free t: 62.5 pg/ml
Estradiol: less than 15

Does my free T look bad? My whole reason for starting TRT years ago was because of my low free t and very high SHBG.

But my estradiol is very low. I have very very low libido. No morning wood ever. Dick feels “shriveled,” but no problem getting hard.

Something else of note, I have very very low sperm count, and very low semen volume too (less than 1.5mL).

How can I bring up my estradiol?
Yes, I agree with savefoxes. E2 follows T.

savefoxes

So then my Free T is actually too high? I didn't even know that could be a problem lol. Or is it too low?

Is my very low E2 likely the reason I have such low libido and even low overall energy?
Your free T is too low. More free T will raise your e2. The reason you have low libido is probably the free T of a 80 year old man

Vince

Super Moderator
So then my Free T is actually too high? I didn't even know that could be a problem lol. Or is it too low?

Is my very low E2 likely the reason I have such low libido and even low overall energy?
The higher your testosterone level. The higher your estrogen levels will be. Men convert testosterone into estrogen and if the testosterone is low, normally the estrogen will also be low. When I had testosterone levels like you, my estrogen level was only seven.

JCUSN

Your free T is too low. More free T will raise your e2. The reason you have low libido is probably the free T of a 80 year old man
Oh...well shit. It says on the lab that the range is 35 - 155 pg/mL. It showed me as "normal." Do I not use that range? Is my free T really that low? That's awful if so.

JCUSN

The higher your testosterone level. The higher your estrogen levels will be. Men convert testosterone into estrogen and if the testosterone is low, normally the estrogen will also be low. When I had testosterone levels like you, my estrogen level was only seven.

Did you have these same kind of symptoms when you had low e2 also? Did TRT bring you back and make you feel better?

Vince

Super Moderator
Did you have these same kind of symptoms when you had low e2 also? Did TRT bring you back and make you feel better?
I've never felt anything from E2. But when I increase my testosterone my brain fog went away and my energy increased. The main issue I was having was Brain fog. Once I started trt it never came back.

I'll show you my latest labs. My E2 is still on the low side.

JCUSN

I've never felt anything from E2. But when I increase my testosterone my brain fog went away and my energy increased. The main issue I was having was Brain fog. Once I started trt it never came back.

I'll show you my latest labs. My E2 is still on the low side.

Wow! Your free t is MUCH higher than mine.

My lab gave me the result in pg/mL, but when I convert to ng/dL mine is only 6.25 and yours is 33!

Why would my lab show my free T result as “normal?”

Systemlord

It says on the lab that the range is 35 - 155 pg/mL. It showed me as "normal."
Why would my lab show my free T result as “normal?”

You've been a member since 2017, you should by now that normal doesn't mean healthy.

You can still be normal and in a disease state.

Is my free T really that low?

Unfortunately, no consensus has been reached regarding the lower TT threshold defining TD, and there are no generally accepted lower limits of normal TT. This lack of consensus follows from the fact that no studies have shown a clear threshold for TT or free T that distinguishes men who will respond to treatment from those who will not.

savefoxes

Wouldn’t the Free T lab result be correct though?

I didn’t have SHBG measured this time. But when I normally have it done, it’s between 45-55. Been as high as 60 before.
Well your free T is super low on your lab. Are you sure that range is not for women?

JCUSN

What supplements and medications are you taking?

By the way, great recovery of your total T since Feb. How long were you on TRT?
Taking Boron 3mg a day, Maca, CoQ10, magnesium citrate, fish oil, vitamin D 5000iu, and just a multivitamin gummy.

I also take Nexium daily, but that’s it as far as pharmaceuticals.

I recovered my levels using Torem at 30mg a day, but I only took that for 30 days after stopping my injections. I was on TRT for about 2 years.

Systemlord

Yes, and I don’t find any science that says 62.5 is considered low free T.
Why do you need science to tell you that your Free T levels are low?

Did you feel an improvement on TRT?

If the answer is yes, then that means you benefited because your levels were low and you need to tweak your TRT protocol.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me