Lab timing

Buy Lab Tests Online

Rabbit91476

I pin Monday am. And third afternoon. Would getting my blood work done Thursday am 8-10 hours before next shot. Instead of Monday right before shot really make that much of a difference. Just curious

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Probably not. It’s a lot easier to fast on Monday morning then Thursday afternoon. That is if you are fasting?

madman

Super Moderator
No I’m fasting and drawing Thursday morning.. here now was just curious

You want to test at true trough so if you are injecting twice weekly (every 3.5 days) which is 84 hrs between injections.

So if you were injecting Monday morning at say 9 am then your Thursday injection should be around 9 pm (give or take a few hrs).

We want to test true trough (lowest point before your next injection) so you should be getting blood work done Monday morning before your 9 am injection.

Rabbit91476

I inject Monday mornings at 430. Lab draw was Thursday about 815 am So only an 8 hour difference. I was just kind of curious. I didn’t have any Monday’s available to draw before my appt. I had already rescheduled once due to work

Vince

Super Moderator
I inject Monday mornings at 430. Lab draw was Thursday about 815 am So only an 8 hour difference. I was just kind of curious. I didn’t have any Monday’s available to draw before my appt. I had already rescheduled once due to work
Your levels may be a little higher. But you can tell your doctor, that you had to do you labs eight hours early. I wouldn’t be too concerned.

madman

Super Moderator
I'm at week 4 and my urologist has me scheduled for my first lab at week 6 "two days after injection." Why is that?

I inject 1x/week 75mg

Forget testing 2 days post-injection as your levels will be very high.

T levels will peak 8-12 hrs post-injection.

Some doctors that are misinformed will test mid-week or worse as in your case 2 days post-injection (once weekly protocol).

We want to test at the true trough as we want to know where your levels sit at the lowest point before your next injection.

If levels are too low come weeks end this can have a negative impact on the relief of low-t symptoms (energy/mood/libido/erectile function/recovery).

If you are injecting Monday morning say at 9 am than blood work should be done the following Monday morning just before your 9 am injection.

Thank you. I thought that was odd. I'm concerned I will come across early-on that I am trying to circumvent his guidance/protocol and undermine him. I have already noticed a 48hr spike post injection with morning wood beginning 1am no later than 3am. The morning of my next injection, 1week later, is vastly the opposite. That's what I was going to use as my basis to change my lab date. Thoughts?

madman

Super Moderator
Thank you. I thought that was odd. I'm concerned I will come across early-on that I am trying to circumvent his guidance/protocol and undermine him. I have already noticed a 48hr spike post injection with morning wood beginning 1am no later than 3am. The morning of my next injection, 1week later, is vastly the opposite. That's what I was going to use as my basis to change my lab date. Thoughts?

Just let him know about any improvements or lack thereof that you have noticed since starting and that towards the end of the week you feel like you are crashing.

Tell him that you feel like your levels may still be too low and you would like to know where your levels are at by weeks end just before your next injection.

If you can convince him to test at true trough than there is a good chance that 75 mg/week may very well not be enough to get your TT/FT levels where they need to be in order to reap the beneficial effects of having a healthy FT level.

Rabbit91476

Interesting. My total test was 7.78 6 months ago on 125mg week drawn right before Monday shot. This time. Now 6 months after 150 mg week. On the Thursday draw it was 7.33. Estrogen. Was a little lower to. But a different scale was used than last time

Just let him know about any improvements or lack thereof that you have noticed since starting and that towards the end of the week you feel like you are crashing.

Tell him that you feel like your levels may still be too low and you would like to know where your levels are at by weeks end just before your next injection.

If you can convince him to test at true trough than there is a good chance that 75 mg/week may very well not be enough to get your TT/FT levels where they need to be in order to reap the beneficial effects of having a healthy FT level.

Thank you. I have to say, while TRT is nothing to go into without deep consideration, I was on the low end of "normal" and could have given diet/exercise/fasting/supplements another year however the bump/pep I've gotten after 5 weeks is particularly satisfying at 2 & 3 days post injection. I wouldn't say by day 6 & 7 that I'm "crashed" but I absolutely feel a sense of "blah" if that makes sense. Thus why I totally agree that a pre-injection blood panel would tell me more.

Last edited:

rustylwb

I pin Monday am. And third afternoon. Would getting my blood work done Thursday am 8-10 hours before next shot. Instead of Monday right before shot really make that much of a difference. Just curious
I inject on Sunday. But if I'm going to have labs on Monday I skip the shot until after the labs. FYI If your Dr is having you get the shot early in the morning. Click the link (are we having men do early labs for Testosterone when men over 43 have no reason to do them early.) Seven research papers say it's a waste of time to make an early appt. I explained this to my Dr and now I go when I want.

DragonBits

I assume your lab date was set by your urologist and is done at that facility.

When I knew labs were coming up, I would inject late sunday to get a longer time before thursday 8:15 AM labs. If you only get labs every 3/6 months, it shouldn't be a big deal.

How I do labs / injection times really depends on why I am doing the labs, for my own knowledge or to meet an objective a doctor might have.

I assume your lab date was set by your urologist and is done at that facility.

When I knew labs were coming up, I would inject late sunday to get a longer time before thursday 8:15 AM labs. If you only get labs every 3/6 months, it shouldn't be a big deal.

How I do labs / injection times really depends on why I am doing the labs, for my own knowledge or to meet an objective a doctor might have.

Labs to be done at Labcorp.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching