Keto and Thyroid

Buy Lab Tests Online

edvedder

Is anyone on keto on here ? I started earlier this year and amazingly dropped 30 lbs in 5-6 months with a 4 inch waist reduction on a strict keto diet. Amazing because I've been trying for a decade and never got close to losing it. One of the effects is that your free T3 is down regulated. Keto gurus explain this as being more sensitive to T3 and needing less of it with reduced carbs - I think long term effects of this down regulation are not clear. I'm now trying to incorporate more carbs without going over the top. Has anyone had any experience with this and how the thyroid responds ?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Is anyone on keto on here ? I started earlier this year and amazingly dropped 30 lbs in 5-6 months with a 4 inch waist reduction on a strict keto diet. Amazing because I've been trying for a decade and never got close to losing it. One of the effects is that your free T3 is down regulated. Keto gurus explain this as being more sensitive to T3 and needing less of it with reduced carbs - I think long term effects of this down regulation are not clear. I'm now trying to incorporate more carbs without going over the top. Has anyone had any experience with this and how the thyroid responds ?
I believe when someone has weight loss, your body goes in starvation mode and is due to the thyroid protective mechanism. I also eat low carb, for a good lipid panel and I believed it did hurt my thyroid levels. I still eat very low carb, there's just too many benefits from it.

edvedder

I believe when someone has weight loss, your body goes in starvation mode and is due to the thyroid protective mechanism. I also eat low carb, for a good lipid panel and I believed it did hurt my thyroid levels. I still eat very low carb, there's just too many benefits from it.
True about the benefits. Do you leave the thyroid as is or do you supplement t3/t4 ?

edvedder

Yes I do take thyroid meds, to put my levels in a good range. There are lots of benefits for good free T3 levels.
Thanks Vince. Would you mind sharing your dosage as well as your thyroid numbers (free t3, rt3,tsh) if available. Do you take a combination or t3 alone ? I was wondering if a combination of t3/t4 may result in more rt3 from the t4.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks Vince. Would you mind sharing your dosage as well as your thyroid numbers (free t3, rt3,tsh) if available. Do you take a combination or t3 alone ? I was wondering if a combination of t3/t4 may result in more rt3 from the t4.
I'm taking 90 mg of armour and 12.5 MCG of cytomel twice a day. I just had labs on Tuesday.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me