Just starting TRT and HCG Dosing recommendation

Buy Lab Tests Online

Luke717

I am just starting TRT & HCG for the first time. I would like to give my two scents to my DR from everything I have researched. From what I see 75-125 MG of T and 500-750 IU's of HCG per week injected at the same time seem like an ideal set up. Please give me your thoughts so I can be prepared when I see my Dr. I am dealing with T levels in the 100's at the moment

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

slicktop

125mg of test per week is probably a bit lower than average for most of us here, but if you're in the 100's you'll see a night and day difference. I don't know if there's ever ben a survey done with members here (that'd be fun, btw, if possible) but it seems like 125-150 is the most common for those of us in the US going through HRT clinics. If you've been in the 100's for a while, don't be surprised if you over respond at first and have to deal with estradiol spiking. Start low and go slow with the T, and do your best with being patient (that's the hardest part!). Before you know it, a year will have passed and you'll look back and won't believe how far you've come and what you've learned. As far as injection timing, that varies a lot. For test, every 3.5 days is very popular, some people do every 5, some do every other day... and crazies like me do low dose daily injections so I need less AI. I do .5ml of HCG on M/W/F just because it's easier for me to remember; the three times a week came from Defy's initial recommendation to me and I haven't felt the need to change it.

This forum is a tremendous resource- don't lurk as long as I did, jump in and ask questions. And good luck!

Luke717

Thanks for the reply! So 125-150 mg of test a week and then I maybe I can talk my doc into dividing doses two per week...
You say you do .5ml HCG M/W/F is that only 50IU each so 150 IU per week of HCG?

slicktop

If your doc is willing to start you off with ancillaries (HCG, AI) I'd trust his initial judgment and not push for a higher dose of T to start with. I *would* personally push for more frequent dosing (at least twice a week) as opposed to one big shot, but there's men that do fine with one big shot, though that's becoming less and less common. It could well be that after you've been on TRT for 3 months or so and get new blood work, he may then increase your dose or you could ask to increase it at that point. Trust me when I say that if you're in the 100's, you ARE going to feel considerably better at damn near any dose, at least for the first few months. As your body adjusts and remembers what to do with all that testosterone after awhile, you may find yourself responding better to a higher dosage, which is how many of us end up around 150mg a week. Hell, there's high SHBG guys on here running 200mg. As far as HCG: no, I take 500 IU's/.5ml 3x weekly.

Luke717

By AI you mean a aromatase inhibitor? My dr has mentioned HCG and TRT but hasn't said anything about AI. Is this something I should bring up as well?

slicktop

Yes, anastrozole. It's good to have on hand. Even if he's nervous to give it to you at first, ask for a prescription of literally two pills just in case you start getting high estradiol side effects, cause they SUCK.

Luke717

Yes, anastrozole. It's good to have on hand. Even if he's nervous to give it to you at first, ask for a prescription of literally two pills just in case you start getting high estradiol side effects, cause they SUCK.
I have exemestane, I talked her into giving me that while on clomid. Is that ok or should I ask about something else

slicktop

I'm not the best person to answer your question, but I'll try.

Exemestane is to anastrozole as napalm is to lighter fluid. Tread lightly. The half life of EX is much shorter than AN, but it's super powerful and it'll be harder to get your estradiol back up if you use too much EX and crash. "Aromasin (Exemestane) is a Type-I aromatase inhibitor, or suicidal aromatase inhibitor. It’s called this because it lowers estrogen production in the body by attaching to the aromatase enzyme, and permanently deactivating it. It averages 90% rate of estrogen suppression, which equals a reduction in estradiol levels of about 50%, as well as significantly raising testosterone .(up to 60%) ..... But unlike Aromasin, once you stop taking Arimidex, the aromatase enzyme is free to convert androgens (testosterone) into estrogen again. This is referred to as estrogen rebound. " Steroids Forum: Steroids QA/PCT & Anti Estrogens/AROMASIN (EXEMESTANE) VS ARIMIDEX (ANASTROZOLE)

For these reasons, most docs prescribing TRT doses of test tend to prefer arimidex/anastrazole, while guys running high T cycles that produce a lot of estradiol gravitate towards EX. If you get the dose dialed in right on EX though, there's nothing wrong with it. Sounds like you've got a good doc you're working with!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me