Just started TRT - Loving it so far!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Craig74

Hi all. I am a 46 year old male from Calgary, Canada. I just started TRT 8 days ago. My doctor has me on 60x2/week of testosterone enanthate. I've read that many of the benefits of TRT take months to manifest but I'm feeling way better already. In fact, my libido felt noticeably higher less than an hour after the first IM injection! That might have been psychological. The symptoms that prompted me to start TRT were afternoon fatigue, low libido, low stamina, mild depression (more lack of enthusiasm to do anything), and moodiness. My initial labs were as follows:

Testosterone = 13.5 nmol/L or 389 ng/dL
Free testosterone = 260 pmol/L
Estradiol = 66 pmol/L
DHEA-S = 8.2 nmol/L
SHBG = 36

Since starting, I feel more energetic. I want to do things (motivated). I'm happier and less moody. I'm a BJJ practitioner and I can roll twice as long now. My biggest fear is that my PSA was a bit high for my age (1.8) so hopefully it doesn't go up much prompting my doctor to stop the TRT. I'm not sure if thinking about sex causes it to go up but if so I'm in trouble.

Anyway, happy to join the community and excited to learn from all of you.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

lukas_az

welcome / congrats. for me the results were instant too. I feel libido by day 3, but within 6 hours of 100mg cypionate I felt a rush of energy. i thought this is placebo effect, but even if - a damn good one

madman

Super Moderator
Hi all. I am a 46 year old male from Calgary, Canada. I just started TRT 8 days ago. My doctor has me on 60x2/week of testosterone enanthate. I've read that many of the benefits of TRT take months to manifest but I'm feeling way better already. In fact, my libido felt noticeably higher less than an hour after the first IM injection! That might have been psychological. The symptoms that prompted me to start TRT were afternoon fatigue, low libido, low stamina, mild depression (more lack of enthusiasm to do anything), and moodiness. My initial labs were as follows:

Estradiol = 66 pmol/L
DHEA-S = 8.2 nmol/L
SHBG = 36

Since starting, I feel more energetic. I want to do things (motivated). I'm happier and less moody. I'm a BJJ practitioner and I can roll twice as long now. My biggest fear is that my PSA was a bit high for my age (1.8) so hopefully it doesn't go up much prompting my doctor to stop the TRT. I'm not sure if thinking about sex causes it to go up but if so I'm in trouble.

Welcome to excel!

Glad to hear you are starting your trt journey.

Keep in mind that you are only 8 days in which means absolutely nothing when looking at the bigger picture.

Many fail to realize that when starting trt that not only will your hpta shutdown (2-6 weeks) depending on dose T but hormones will be in flux during the weeks leading up until blood levels stabilize (4-6 weeks) and it is common for many during this transition to experience what we call the honeymoon period where there may be a strong increase in libido/erections and overall euphoric feeling due to increasing T levels/dopamine.

Unfortunately, this is temporary and short-lived for most as the body will eventually adjust.

It is also very common for many men to experience ups/downs in energy/mood/libido/erections/recovery during the transition as the body is trying to adjust which can be very misleading.

Even then do understand that once blood levels have stabilized (4-6 weeks) it will take another 2-3 months for the body to fully adapt to those new levels and this is the critical time period when one should gauge how they truly feel overall regarding relief/improvement of low-t symptoms.

When looking at the big picture the first 4-6 weeks is very misleading for most!

2-3 months after blood levels have stabilized if you continue to feel great overall and blood markers remain healthy then one can truly claim that your protocol is effective!

Patience is key.

* Keep in mind that all of this would apply to men already on trt when tweaking a protocol (dose T/injection frequency).

madman

Super Moderator

Estradiol = 66 pmol/L
DHEA-S = 8.2 nmol/L
SHBG = 36

Once blood levels have stabilized (4-6 weeks) you will then have blood work done to see where said protocol (dose T/injection frequency) has your TT/FT/e2 levels among other hormones and blood markers.

Keep in mind that although 120 mg T/week split twice weekly (60 mg every 3.5 days) is far from an absurdly high dosed protocol there is a good chance that your TT/FT let alone e2 levels may end up being too high and only time will tell.

Top it off that use of exogenous T will result in an increase RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit within the first month and can take up to 9-12 months to reach peak levels.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me