Just leaked a bunch of TC down my arm...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hey all - been on TRT for 10 months, injecting TC twice a week. Just injected 70mg in my delt and 30 seconds later looked down and saw a 4-5" trail of TC down my arm. This might sound ridiculous but when I saw it I tried to rub it into my balls in the hopes of getting some absorbtion - may be complete broscience but I didn't know what else to do in the moment. Seems like a lot of the TC may have leaked out; should I just wait until my next injection or maybe do a bit more today? Thanks for your advice - I'm sure this isn't a unique situation! I really appreciate it.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
If you were lucky you'd get 10% absorption from the testicular application. But more likely much less as the oil base isn't intended to aid transdermal absorption.

In any case, injection site leakage is also a concern of mine, such that I inspect sites with a flashlight to see if I've lost anything. If the loss is substantial I will sometimes reinject. I've also gotten better about site selection, finding I have fewer problems where the skin feels looser and more pliable, such as the very upper thighs. This is for subQ. Seems like I recently read about a method that helps for IM to avoid leakage. Do a search on "Z Track Method of Injection". Basically you're pulling skin in one direction prior to injection so that upon release after injection the holes in the tissue layers no longer line up and the depot is sealed in.

Thanks, Cataceous - makes really good sense. Just watched the Z track method - I learned a lot, such as waiting to take the needle out rather than as soon as the syringe is empty. I typically inject quite slowly - is that a mistake? Should I be going in like throwing a dart like the video suggests?

One more question - and thanks for your patience - I always self-inject; are you able to pull the skin with the same hand? Will probably reinject a small dose here in a bit and give it a shot!

S1W

I inject SubQ. I would occasionally have issues with a bit of leakage.

Then I read about this trick: After you have injected the entire volume of the syringe, leave the needle in there for a slow count of 10-15 seconds before removing it.

Has worked very well for me - can't remember the last time I had leakage.

I also do a "reverse Z track" (which isn't actually a thing and is a term I just made up) in which I just pinch/inject normally, then after I remove the needle I pull the skin aside as if I were Z tracking. Not sure if it makes a difference or not.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I guess I'd generally favor the slow-injection and pause-before-withdrawal techniques. To an extent these allow any pressure buildup to subside. The counterargument is that a longer time of needle penetration might loosen skin around the needle hole leading to less of a seal on withdrawal.

So far I've only injected in locations that I can reach with both hands, so I haven't had to use one hand to do everything.

Thanks all - just injected 25mg more, slow injection, 10 second wait when empty, and pushing pretty far into the muscle. I'm using 27gx1/2 in my delt, but I do have large delts and little fat so it seems unlikely it's not getting IM. Especially since I tested >1500 on 200mg/week a few months ago! Anyway, no leakage at all this time - thanks a lot for all the wisdom!

Sly

I have been doing the upper outer thighs for the last 2 years and pinch the skin, inject slow, wait 2-3 seconds then pull out. I am starting EOD injections now, so need to start injecting in other places. Just started delts and unable to pinch, so sometimes loose a little. I’m not too worried about it as long as it’s a little and doesn’t happen all the time.

Sly

Thanks all - just injected 25mg more, slow injection, 10 second wait when empty, and pushing pretty far into the muscle. I'm using 27gx1/2 in my delt, but I do have large delts and little fat so it seems unlikely it's not getting IM. Especially since I tested >1500 on 200mg/week a few months ago! Anyway, no leakage at all this time - thanks a lot for all the wisdom!
I also have large delts and use 1” needles and “bury” them.:)

slicktop

1/2" needle isn't recommended by anyone, AFAIK, for an IM shot in the delt, even in children. 5/8" is the minimum considered to be effective, with 1" to 1-1/2" the standard. Not that there's anything wrong with a sub-q shot, but it's highly unlikely you're actually getting IM with a 1/2" needle in your delt. From the first google result:

For adults
Intramuscular injections
The deltoid muscle is most often used as the site for IM injections in adults: Needle length is usually 1–1½", 22–25 gauge, but a longer or shorter needle may be needed depending on the patient's weight.

According to CDC’s General Recommendations on Immunization (page 16), you should choose needle length based on the weight of your adult patients as follows:

• Adults weighing less than 130 lbs (60 kg): ⅝" needle is sufficient for IM injection in the deltoid muscle only if the subcutaneous tissue is not bunched and the injection is made at a 90-degree angle
  • Adults weighing 130–152 lbs (60–70 kg): 1" needle is sufficient
  • Women weighing 152–200 lbs (70–90 kg) and men weighing 152–260 lbs (70–118 kg): 1–1½" needle is recommended
  • Women weighing more than 200 lbs (90 kg) or men weighing more than 260 lbs (118 kg): 1½" needle is recommended
An alternate site for IM injection in adults is the anterolateral thigh muscle (use 1–1 ½” needle, 22–25 gauge).

Well looks like it's time for some new needles, huh - I'm 250lb., 5'11 but very strong - anybody want to recommend 1" vs 1.5"?

Also, if in fact I have been mistakenly injecting subq and not IM, what are the ramifications?? I tested >1500 for 100mg x2/week, and tested 797 in the trough on 70mg x2; does that sound consistent with subq? Would this have have E2 consequences as well?

Thank you all again so much for your wisdom. Also Crisler's book just arrived this afternoon - man, what a great resource!!

Also, I've been using 27g for delt, and now looks like 27g comes in 1/2" and 1 1/4" - can I get away with a needle as thin as 27g for the 1 1/4" length?

Thank you again for your patience!

slicktop

Well looks like it's time for some new needles, huh - I'm 250lb., 5'11 but very strong - anybody want to recommend 1" vs 1.5"?

Also, if in fact I have been mistakenly injecting subq and not IM, what are the ramifications?? I tested >1500 for 100mg x2/week, and tested 797 in the trough on 70mg x2; does that sound consistent with subq? Would this have have E2 consequences as well?

Thank you all again so much for your wisdom. Also Crisler's book just arrived this afternoon - man, what a great resource!!

It sounds like an indirect answer to your question, but no, subq isn't a problem until it's a problem. Lots of men, including myself, inject subq exclusively, with no problems whatsoever. Honestly, I think there's more benefits than potential downfalls to subq test, but there are men who report negative symptoms from it. Your blood results suggest you would not have that problem, as I suspect you're already doing subq shots. You could even go to a smaller 29g needle and switch to quads/belly depending on your dosing (I don't like more than 20ml to the navel personally). 29g needles are also about the cheapest you can use, and there's little to no risk of scarring muscle tissue after years of shots.

EDIT for 2nd post: You CAN use a 27 1-1/4", sure, but I'd go back to "why"? Your blood results suggest you're doing fine on subq shots already, so why risk poking holes in your muscles needlessly and spending more than you need to on needles? I've never even tried a delt shot as it seems like the most awkward possible location to me. Look up a couple videos on subq shots to the quads and try it once or twice with your existing needles- I bet you find it's significantly easier. I don't even feel the shot at all 75% of the time.

Last edited:
Okay WELL this is the first I've heard of taking TC subq - just read the entire chapter in Crisler's book and he is definitely a fan. He also says that he finds 40mg TC taken SubQ to be just as effective as 100mg taken IM!!!

Alright, I've got to throw this out there...I'm trying to pinch the thin layer of fat over my delt and it's just hard to believe I wouldn't be getting into muscle there with a 1/2" needle ...but after this I do think I'd like to try subq, likely in belly or quads. SO my question is - should I continue my 70mg x2/week and test my t level in two weeks or so, then if it's through the roof, I'll know that indeed I had been in fact doing IM in my delt, so then I'd need to cut my dosage back...is that a reasonable plan?? Man, what a day it's been...

slicktop

Okay WELL this is the first I've heard of taking TC subq - just read the entire chapter in Crisler's book and he is definitely a fan. He also says that he finds 40mg TC taken SubQ to be just as effective as 100mg taken IM!!!

Alright, I've got to throw this out there...I'm trying to pinch the thin layer of fat over my delt and it's just hard to believe I wouldn't be getting into muscle there with a 1/2" needle ...but after this I do think I'd like to try subq, likely in belly or quads. SO my question is - should I continue my 70mg x2/week and test my t level in two weeks or so, then if it's through the roof, I'll know that indeed I had been in fact doing IM in my delt, so then I'd need to cut my dosage back...is that a reasonable plan?? Man, what a day it's been...

You could do that, but I don't know that two weeks would be adequate to see a difference, if any. Six weeks is considered the minimum time frame. I think most men that have made the switch to subq just do it, and see what their results are like at their next scheduled test. If it makes you feel better to get additional blood work done though, by all means, feel free to do so.

But... I have to ask, how on earth are you pinching the skin on your delt AND injecting? Do you have extra arms or something?

Haha no, just pinching delt skin unrelated to injecting.

Sure, definitely want to try new protocols for longer periods - I'm just thinking that if by some chance I have been getting into my delts and achieving legit IM, and Crisler says you only need 40% as much TC for subq, then my T level should be substantially higher after two weeks of injections that I'm 100% sure are subq. Heck T only is like $31, why not, right??

slicktop

Haha no, just pinching delt skin unrelated to injecting.

Sure, definitely want to try new protocols for longer periods - I'm just thinking that if by some chance I have been getting into my delts and achieving legit IM, and Crisler says you only need 40% as much TC for subq, then my T level should be substantially higher after two weeks of injections that I'm 100% sure are subq. Heck T only is like $31, why not, right??
Well, it sounds like that's what'll make you feel better about it and there's certainly nothing wrong with it, so go for it!

Charliebizz

I inject SubQ. I would occasionally have issues with a bit of leakage.

Then I read about this trick: After you have injected the entire volume of the syringe, leave the needle in there for a slow count of 10-15 seconds before removing it.

Has worked very well for me - can't remember the last time I had leakage.

I also do a "reverse Z track" (which isn't actually a thing and is a term I just made up) in which I just pinch/inject normally, then after I remove the needle I pull the skin aside as if I were Z tracking. Not sure if it makes a difference or not.
Same for me I inject super slow and leave in for 15 seconds no more leakage

charile12

I also wait a few seconds before I pull out the needle. I keep the alcohol pad on the side that I used to clean the skin and as soon as i pull the needle out I take the pad and push right done on the needle spot on the skin hold it there for a few seconds (this kinda seals the tiny hole) and then rub the skin with the pad to disperse the oil.

Rock H. Johnson

After 8 months daily injecting SubQ with a 30G, 8mm, .3cc I have had no leakage, yet. I did belly, sides and now only upper glutes. I tried delts but could feel the oil in the muscle which I did not like. Now I wipe the upper glute, dart the skin, push the plunger with one hand and pull out immediately in one go. I have about 9-10% BF and let the syringe sink in while I push. I do not even feel the 30G penetrate nor come out. 2 days ago I obviously pushed to hard as the needle came out bend on an angle. After some time it is just an action. Still looking forward to every shot as it has been such a change.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me