Jealous Rage on TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

SkyWarn

Anyone knows they tend to get more jealous of their spouses or GFs on TRT? This is something I have noticed lately. I have found myself going into irrational jealous fits more often. And I have been married a long time.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Are you overreacting or are you being given a reason to be jealous? There's a few ways to look at this besides being hormone driven. Though I know to well the Estrogen driven PMS sort of feeling and response.

n2turbo2

I have been married 20 years. Never felt that way,I started crying to for no reason. My e2 was 180, I wanted to see how high my e2 would go without a ai . My blood pressure went up to. So my doctor insisted that I do the ai. Within a couple weeks with ai, my blood pressure is great.and no more stupid thoughts.I was having problems sleeping to.I have never felt so emotional.I have to stick with the ai until I take more weight off.

S1W

Anyone knows they tend to get more jealous of their spouses or GFs on TRT? This is something I have noticed lately. I have found myself going into irrational jealous fits more often. And I have been married a long time.

Yes I have noticed it - I certainly wouldn't call it "rage", but more just random absurd thoughts about past relationships, etc. My wife and I have been married a long time and she does not do or say anything whatsoever that would prompt these feelings. They literally come out of nowhere. Fortunately our relationship is such that we are able to talk through it if it comes to that - I usually just keep my mouth shut since I know my thoughts are irrational and temporary and feel very strongly that they're due to hormonal fluctuations.

E2 gets blamed for a lot but I'm not convinced that it's that simple in this case. The worst I've felt this was when my E2 was mid 30s and TT 600s and I've not felt it at all with E2 in mid/upper 40s and TT in 1000s.

I usually only experience this with protocol changes, when things are all over the place hormonally. Have you made any changes to your protocol recently?

Last edited:

Charliebizz

Yes I have noticed it - I certainly wouldn't call it "rage", but more just random absurd thoughts about past relationships, etc. My wife and I have been married a long time and she does not do or say anything whatsoever that would prompt these feelings. They literally come out of nowhere. Fortunately our relationship is such that we are able to talk through it if it comes to that - I usually just keep my mouth shut since I know my thoughts are irrational and temporary and feel very strongly that they're due to hormonal fluctuations.

E2 gets blamed for a lot but I'm not convinced that it's that simple in this case. The worst I've felt this was when my E2 was mid 30s and TT 600s and I've not felt it at all with E2 in mid/upper 40s and TT in 1000s.

I usually only experience this with protocol changes, when things are all over the place hormonally. Have you made any changes to your protocol recently?
That’s a big reason I’ve quit trt. Strange intrusive thoughts from time to time. I had emotional flatness toward my hobbies. But also can be over emotional and get aggregated quicker. And that was when I had perfect labs. Trt is just to many swings for me.

n2turbo2

I wouldn't say it was a "RAGE" to. Just intrusive thoughts. Which i have never had,all i did was quit my AI. For 2 months, my e2 went up to 180. I cant say for sure it was my e2. I talk to my doctor about it. We came up with, starting the ai up again. And going with 3 injections a week. And i can say is i fell great now.

Gman86

I wouldn't say it was a "RAGE" to. Just intrusive thoughts. Which i have never had,all i did was quit my AI. For 2 months, my e2 went up to 180. I cant say for sure it was my e2. I talk to my doctor about it. We came up with, starting the ai up again. And going with 3 injections a week. And i can say is i fell great now.

What is your ai dose? And you wouldn’t happen to know where your E2 is now would you?

SkyWarn

Are you overreacting or are you being given a reason to be jealous? There's a few ways to look at this besides being hormone driven. Though I know to well the Estrogen driven PMS sort of feeling and response.
I think I am over-reacting. I accused my wife of having an affair with the garbage man because he was a little friendly.

SkyWarn

I have been married 20 years. Never felt that way,I started crying to for no reason. My e2 was 180, I wanted to see how high my e2 would go without a ai . My blood pressure went up to. So my doctor insisted that I do the ai. Within a couple weeks with ai, my blood pressure is great.and no more stupid thoughts.I was having problems sleeping to.I have never felt so emotional.I have to stick with the ai until I take more weight off.

Me too, I feel very emotional, depressed and anxious lately. Also notice hot flashes. I open the window because Im so hot then in 20 minutes I close it and up the heat. A lot of anxiety and trouble sleeping. Also very itchy right nipple. I have had to start taking Xanax to relax. All this started recently when I added HCG to the 80mg of weekly T. My E2 prior was 45. I will be getting a blood test next week to see where Im at. I suspect it's high.

SkyWarn

Regarding the "past thoughts" you mention. I have noticed that I am remembering incidents from years ago involving my wife (some guy hit on her 3 years ago for example) and now Im thinking of these things and getting very jealous, 3 yers latter lol. At the time I may have gotten a little jealous or annoyed and then it would quickly pass. Strange how these things are bubbling up now.

I tend to disagree with your assertion that TRT caused this. If your bloodwork is all good, then I’d guess it is not TRT. You mentioned you had some Xanax you took. My hunch is that there is something else going on. Do you have a prescription for Xanax? From whom? PCP? Psychiatrist? If the answer is yes, then I’d look there first. Too many guys take all kinds of psych meds on their own without proper guidance. If you have some kind of an anxiety disorder, and that is what the Xanax is for, then it is possible that higher libido and excessive worry from anxiety has created the fears about your wife. Xanax is a powerful and underestimated drug that should be only prescribed in very rare circumstances for brief periods of time. Some cognitive behavioral therapy techniques are probably a better option.

I do notice in the three years I have been on TRT that jealousy about the wife is a little higher, but I can see it for what it is. A me thing that comes from a higher libido and some kind of more primitive need to maintain “my women.” I am 65 and my 63 year old wife is extremely attractive, so naturally I think that every guy over 50 is after her. Early on on TRT I noticed this, applied some CBT techniques and today I take it as a compliment. If the garbage man was hitting on your wife, then good for you. If you can’t trust your wife because she is a flirt and would stray, then that’s another story.

What, if any, psychiatric diagnosis have you been given?

Vince

Super Moderator
I been on testosterone for a little over four years now. I've never felt any jealousy with any woman I dated, and now that I married (I was widowed for 12 years) I still haven't felt any jealousy. I know when I first started dating my wife, she did show jealousy towards other women. The longer we were in are relationship the safer she felt and the less jealous she would be towards other women. I know trt affects everyone differently and this is just another example.

Charliebizz

I tend to disagree with your assertion that TRT caused this. If your bloodwork is all good, then I’d guess it is not TRT. You mentioned you had some Xanax you took. My hunch is that there is something else going on. Do you have a prescription for Xanax? From whom? PCP? Psychiatrist? If the answer is yes, then I’d look there first. Too many guys take all kinds of psych meds on their own without proper guidance. If you have some kind of an anxiety disorder, and that is what the Xanax is for, then it is possible that higher libido and excessive worry from anxiety has created the fears about your wife. Xanax is a powerful and underestimated drug that should be only prescribed in very rare circumstances for brief periods of time. Some cognitive behavioral therapy techniques are probably a better option.

I do notice in the three years I have been on TRT that jealousy about the wife is a little higher, but I can see it for what it is. A me thing that comes from a higher libido and some kind of more primitive need to maintain “my women.” I am 65 and my 63 year old wife is extremely attractive, so naturally I think that every guy over 50 is after her. Early on on TRT I noticed this, applied some CBT techniques and today I take it as a compliment. If the garbage man was hitting on your wife, then good for you. If you can’t trust your wife because she is a flirt and would stray, then that’s another story.

What, if any, psychiatric diagnosis have you been given?
Well considering hormones and neurotransmitters are intertwined I don’t see how it’s possible trt can’t hve some effect on it. I’ve had great lab numbers on trt across the board but mental side effects are my number 1 complaint.

Tremonti22

I would say hormone fluctuations can have an effect on these things. Letting your E2 get that high isn’t wise. It doesn’t have to at a specific range (contrary to popular opinion) but it certainly needs to be managed so that unwanted sides don’t come up. I at times experience feelings of jealousy with regard to my wife but it’s stupid and I don’t think a direct result of the test. Get your test level right, get your E2 level right, get hematocrit and blood pressure right, eat clean, work out and you should be fine

Charliebizz

I would say hormone fluctuations can have an effect on these things. Letting your E2 get that high isn’t wise. It doesn’t have to at a specific range (contrary to popular opinion) but it certainly needs to be managed so that unwanted sides don’t come up. I at times experience feelings of jealousy with regard to my wife but it’s stupid and I don’t think a direct result of the test. Get your test level right, get your E2 level right, get hematocrit and blood pressure right, eat clean, work out and you should be fine
That’s the problem for some of us guys. Getting all that right. And then even when it looks good on paper it might not be working at the cellular level.

Gman86

Hormone don’t create your thought. They do affect neurotransmitters though as mentioned. If anything, trt could be amplifying. I’ve experienced.

That said, all this blaming e2 for everything is stupid. Even with lab tests it’s silly to think it’s that one variable.

I’ve experienced some issues I would have blamed on high e2 in the past. Now my e2 is not controlled, and I feel great. It can be transient.

I don’t like openly disagreeing with people on here, but definitely gonna have to disagree with ya big time on this one. No offense obviously. And actually, you might still be right, maybe it’s the neurotransmitters that control thoughts more than hormones.

But while on clomid, I literally had the darkest thoughts. It made me constantly think about death, and even suicide a few times. My whole frame of mind changed. My thoughts were just so different than they usually are. I just thought about very dark stuff all the time. How I treated and interacted with people changed drastically. Just how I viewed the world even changed. It was easily the worst 2-3 months of my life. That experience taught me how much hormones do in fact control a lot of our thought process, personality, how we deal with the world, how we interact with people, how we view the world, etc. It was fckn nuts.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me