Jatenzo: An Advancement in Oral TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator

Join Dr. Jennifer Caudle as she welcomes Dr. Adrian Dobs and Dr. Faysal Yafi to discuss testosterone replacement therapy and an oral soft gel option for appropriate hypogonadal men. Topics in this program include safety results from inTUne, the Phase 3, randomized, open-label study of JATENZO, the first and only FDA-approved oral soft gel for testosterone replacement therapy. Please see Important Safety Information and Prescribing Information, including BOXED WARNING on increases in blood pressure.

Screenshot (5681).png

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I wonder what they consider normal testosterone. I bet it is total T over 350 ng/dL

Anything above 300 ng/dL is considered normal.....LOL!

Let alone many endos treating men for low-t are dead set on keeping T levels within the mid-normal range.....go figure.

Geez, we all don’t have endless hours. I wish when ppl post videos, they’d at least summarize what’s said. Reading is such a more efficient way to convey info. Videos just seem lazy to me. 1.5 hours of video. Jeez. To say what? Oral good, oral bad??? How can that take more than 1.5 hours??????

madman

Super Moderator
Geez, we all don’t have endless hours. I wish when ppl post videos, they’d at least summarize what’s said. Reading is such a more efficient way to convey info. Videos just seem lazy to me. 1.5 hours of video. Jeez. To say what? Oral good, oral bad??? How can that take more than 1.5 hours??????

The video is roughly 13 min (13:32)

This may suit your fancy.....hope you have the time!

Jatenzo presentation: https://www.fda.gov/media/110642/download

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Dietary Fat Modulates the Testosterone Pharmacokinetics of a New Self-Emulsifying Formulation of Oral Testosterone Undecanoate in Hypogonadal Men​

This study investigates the effect of dietary fat on the testosterone (T) pharmacokinetics in hypogonadal men following administration of a self-emulsifying capsule formulation of oral T undecanoate (TU). In an open-label, 2-center, 5-way crossover study, a single oral dose of TU containing 300-mg equivalents of T (maximum anticipated human dose per administration) was administered to 16 hypogonadal men with a washout period of at least 5 days between doses. All participants were randomized to receive the TU capsules fasting or 30 minutes after an approximately 800-calorie meal containing 10%, 20%, 30%, or 50% fat. Serial blood samples were collected from 2 hours predose to 25 hours postdose to determine serum T and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. Administering TU with a meal increased serum T concentrations, with the magnitude of the increase being directly dependent on the amount of fat in the meal. Average and peak serum T concentrations and area under the curve increased as the fat content of the meal was increased. Neither the high-fat meal (50% fat) nor the lower-fat meal (20% fat) showed a significant food effect relative to the normal-fat (Western diet) meal (30% fat). However, administering TU while fasting resulted in 50% or less of the cumulative exposure obtained when administered with 20%- to 50%-fat meals (albeit still substantial). A very-low-fat meal (10% fat) showed a significant food effect relative to the normal meal, but still exceeded the fasting condition by approximately 50%. Serum DHT concentrations showed corresponding increases to the serum T. As expected with the maximum anticipated clinical dose of TU (300 mg T), oral administration of this new formulation with food containing 20% to 50% dietary fat produced T levels at or above the upper range of adult men, and T levels trended higher as dietary fat content increased. Only with a very-low-fat diet (10%) or in a fasted state did a clinically significant food effect occur, but even then sufficient TU was absorbed with the self-emulsifying TU formulation to produce average serum T concentration predicted to be in the normal reference range (10 to 35 nmol/L).

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale