It’s Useful to Know Your Basal/Resting Metabolic Rate (BMR/RMR)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Shawn M

I recently went to our neighborhood Physical Therapy office where their offerings included diet and weight loss programs. One of their metrics was a Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR). I expressed an interest in having the test on a standalone basis. At first they offered to work on partially paying for the test with my health insurance, but it turned out that a physician’s referral was required. I ended up negotiating what I thought was a fair price ($70). I was interested to compare the results with a test I had years ago to see if I’m slowing down. Following are a comparison of the results:

Date of Test 3/7/2005 , 2/10/2020

Age at test 51 , 66

Weight, lbs 200 , 199

Height, ft, in 6’1” , 6’0”

Body Mass Index 26.4 , 27.0

(“Overweight”: 25.0-29.9)

Measurement Method Bioimpedance , Breathylizer

BMR/RMR, Calories/Day 2053 , 2318

My comments on these test results are:

* It’s a good sign for me that my RMR has not deteriorated over time, but gone up a bit. Possible explanations include: retirement suits me better with 2 days/wk vs 1 day at the health club if I could manage it as a working parent; two years into retirement my energy is coming back as I dial into a good place on my TRT program; variability of the test methods

* I’ve lost only one inch of my adult height. Hopefully that (bone loss) won’t continue if I maintain good hormone levels on TRT.

* I don’t overly concern myself with the BMI metric. Like other men my age, I have accumulated a nominal amount of visceral abdominal fat, but I also carry a noticeable amount of lean muscle mass in my upper body. Everything comes down to athleticism (how you can move yourself around) in my opinion.

I’d be interested in other Forum members’ experience with their body composition and metabolism then/now and before/after TRT.

Attachments

• RMR Results Chart.pdf
    107.6 KB · Views: 109
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel