Is the hormone: oxytocin, a missing piece for low libido while on TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DaytonaJonah

I haven't looked thoroughly yet here on the site for more information on this, but wanted to get feedback from others who may have added oxytocin to their protocols to help boost low libido? Even though in most situations, I'm not anti-social, but given the options, I would prefer to be left alone. Am wondering if perhaps others have a similar experience.
To be clear, I haven't tried oxytocin yet. However, my wife received a nasal spray applicator of oxytocin from her doctor and I was curious what effect it would have on me. (She hasn't used it yet, either.)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I've been experimenting with it. If there's an effect on libido with the amount I'm taking then it's too subtle to notice. I've also noticed no change in my level of introversion. On the other hand, I think it has increased my empathy and generosity. There's at least a chance that confirmation bias contributes to this observation, as I was already aware of the possible connection between oxytocin and these qualities. But there is also some objective data in the form of higher-valued gifts to friends and family, which I'm just noticing in hindsight.

DaytonaJonah

I've been experimenting with it. If there's an effect on libido with the amount I'm taking then it's too subtle to notice. I've also noticed no change in my level of introversion. On the other hand, I think it has increased my empathy and generosity. There's at least a chance that confirmation bias contributes to this observation, as I was already aware of the possible connection between oxytocin and these qualities. But there is also some objective data in the form of higher-valued gifts to friends and family, which I'm just noticing in hindsight.
All of those qualities are indeed good things. And I think when added to a intimate encounter with our partners, would only help to enhance it.
However, that raw, slow-burning urge, that connects our brains and genitals into "freight-train" libido...is what I'm looking to find again.
Cataceous, what dosage amounts of oxytocin have you experimented with thus far?

sammmy

The short version: if oxytocin was effective for libido, it would have been all over internet by now.

In 2015-2019, Amazon used to sell an Oxytocin Nasal Spray (OxyLuv). I used it to help me reach orgasm (2-3 pumps per nostril, each pump = 10 IU, 1 hour before sex) and it worked for that in 2015. It is not clear how exactly it worked but there was some article that nasal oxytocin leads to release of adrenaline. Later in 2016, using the spray started impairing erection, which again could be explained by adrenaline release. In 2018, the same OxyLuv bought again from Amazon was not working for orgasm at all - either the 2018 spray did not contain actual oxytocin or it degraded in Amazon storage. I bought another OxyLuv spray from Amazon in 2019 and this again worked for orgasm but suppressed erection.

Apart from the positive effect on orgasm, and negative effect on erection at the end, I did not notice any significant effect on libido, social anxiety, or depression, apart from some placebo. It did seem to relax me a little some time after spraying in the nose but the tiny magnitude of the effect was not worth pursuing.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Gonadorelin helped with libido ?
Yes, and not the usual short-lived honeymoon. It was a gradual improvement over a number of months. Documented here:

M.J

Yes, and not the usual short-lived honeymoon. It was a gradual improvement over a number of months. Documented here:
Damn I am not sure I can find this locally but will ask.
Do you still use it ? And how is libido now ?

M.J

Can I just add it to my protocol ?
100mg once weekly
250 or 500 eod.

tropicaldaze1950

Gonadorelin; rx or OTC? I found it on some peptide sites. Want to discuss this with my urologist next week. I take daily B12 injections for severe depression and it works. It also ramps up my libido, but no corresponding erectile function. I do believe there is something missing. Testosterone, alone, did little for erectile function. My doctor is willing to prescribe PT-141 but from what you're reporting, Gonadorelin sounds like it restores erectile function to a more 'natural' state, rather than a massive erection for a couple of days. Thanks.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Damn I am not sure I can find this locally but will ask.
Do you still use it ? And how is libido now ?
Gonadorelin can be obtained from Hallandale Pharmacy along with the peptide sites. Keep in mind that this use should be considered experimental and at your own risk. Even if lack of GnRH is a contributing factor to libido problems under TRT, it is probably one of many.

The protocol I developed works for me—and I am still on it. Libido is good, far better than without the treatment. You'll see that this protocol is impractical for most, calling for many small daily injections. In addition, another guy who tried the protocol did not have good subjective results, even though he restored production of LH and FSH. We speculate that some guys will not be able to use the enclomiphene component. It's unclear how important a SERM is to the subjective results. Royal Medical Center has a protocol that's much easier to follow, but we have yet to see reports of how guys actually feel on it:
Can I just add it to my protocol ?
100mg once weekly
250 or 500 eod.
You can certainly just try adding it in. You probably won't harm yourself if you obtain quality gonadorelin and keep your doses reasonable. In the scientific literature there are studies with doses as high as 30 mcg given 16 times a day, though 5-20 mcg is more common. I'm not going to advocate for higher single doses, but the RMC protocol appears to be either 50 or 100 mcg injected twice a week. Be sure to understand that "mcg" is "micrograms" and not "milligrams".

... Gonadorelin sounds like it restores erectile function to a more 'natural' state, rather than a massive erection for a couple of days. ...
I've tried PT-141 and the stuff kind of scares me. In any case it did nothing for my libido. I do view gonadorelin as more natural, especially when delivered in small, frequent doses. However, the improvements I experienced were in libido and cognition. I'd say erections are helped only as an indirect consequence of this.

Bennytrt

Gonadorelin; rx or OTC? I found it on some peptide sites. Want to discuss this with my urologist next week. I take daily B12 injections for severe depression and it works. It also ramps up my libido, but no corresponding erectile function. I do believe there is something missing. Testosterone, alone, did little for erectile function. My doctor is willing to prescribe PT-141 but from what you're reporting, Gonadorelin sounds like it restores erectile function to a more 'natural' state, rather than a massive erection for a couple of days. Thanks.
How much b12 do you inject daily?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching