Is the Cystatin- C Kidney Function Test Best for Muscular Men?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Since the concentration of cystatin C in the blood will not change due to infection or inflammation and isn’t affected by body weight, drugs or diet – cystatin C level could be a more reliable indicator of kidney health than creatinine (2).​
Testing for cystatin may also be useful to detect kidney disease early when the affected person isn’t experiencing many (if any) symptoms, and other test results are normal.
What is Cystatin C?
Cystatin C is a protein found in almost all the cells in the body. Cystatin C helps to regulate the activity of enzymes needed to break down bigger molecules both inside of and around those cells (3).
Cystatin C level in the blood can be measured to determine how well the kidneys are functioning (3). The kidneys, liver, and spleen all work to filter the blood and excrete any waste substances as urine. This filtration process happens in a microscopic structure in the kidneys; the glomerulus (4). Each kidney contains approximately one-million glomeruli that function as tiny sieves to extract waste. The glomerular filtration rate (GFR) rate is a measure of how well the glomeruli are filtering blood (4).

The post Is the Cystatin- C Kidney Function Test Best for Muscular Men? appeared first on Testosterone Wisdom.

Continue reading...

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Sharing my results with this test based on @Nelson Vergel and @HealthMan suggestion for me, Seems that all is well based on Cystatin-C with eGFR:

Cystatin-C 0.93 (0.52-1.27)
eGFR 91 (>or=60)

Standard tests:
Creatinine 1.45 (.60-1.35)
eGFR 57 (>or=60)

No Creatine use, and I was out of the gym over 72hrs and no Citrulline during that time either.

Wow. Thanks for sharing your results. Proof that some men (and doctors) are worrying a little too much without going deeper into kidney function testing.

Here is the test

Cystatin C Blood Test

There is a fairly new kidney test at least in Canada its only been out about 2 years. I had the test done last year and it will determine whether or not you have kidney problems. The blood test can even be done while on creatine. I will see if I can find the name of it. I was under the care of a kidney doctor for a few years. Being a little bit muscular and having hard workouts can throw off many of your blood tests results.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me