Is testosterone involved in low female sexual desire?

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
The main results of this review can be summarized as follows (11):

*The relative hyperandrogenic status of menopause is associated with lower sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) levels, resulting in increased free testosterone levels;

*Surgical menopause induced by bilateral oophorectomy, however, is associated with a different pattern: significantly lower total and free testosterone levels and dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS) decreased as compared with age-matched controls with both ovaries;

*In the presence of a proper HSDD diagnosis, once informed consent is obtained from the patient, an individualized trial of testosterone therapy for 3 to 6 months could be suggested, aiming midnormal premenopausal testosterone levels during treatment;

*In the absence of clear improvement and if adverse events are observed at 6 months, the use of testosterone should be ceased. There are no safety and efficacy evidences for testosterone therapy in women with HSDD beyond 24 months;

*Ideally, testosterone measurements should be obtained in the morning hours and in the follicular phase of the menstrual cycle. In normally cycling premenopausal women, testosterone levels should be measured at baseline and 3-6 weeks after starting treatment, especially to avoid supraphysiological concentrations, since response to therapy does not correlate with testosterone levels;

*Considering side effects and long-term safety, the role of testosterone in breast cancer and cardiovascular disease pathophysiology requires further elucidation;

*The abuse of androgens in sports and in the community, for aesthetic purposes, remains a major concern. Female athletes reported increased aggressiveness. Dyslipidemia, hypertension, arrhythmia, coagulation disorders, fibrosis, and cardiac hypertrophy have also been observed;

*There are currently no testosterone formulations approved for women by regulatory agencies in the United States, Brazil and most countries. Testosterone formulations approved for men are not recommended for women;

*When considering testosterone therapy, all risks and benefits should be thoroughly discussed with the patient before prescription.

This position statement was very well developed and leaves no doubt that female sexual dysfunction is a common complaint, specially in postmenopausal women, and may have a negative impact on quality of life. Testosterone seems to exert a positive effect on sexual desire in women with HSDD, however, requires caution and criteria in its management.

In addition to the above explained, there is a warning about cases of sexual problems in which testosterone therapy definitely does not work; for instance, when libido is impaired by the partner’s lack of attraction, resentment, anger, fear, embarrassment, or even by myths, taboos, misconceptions about sexual activity. In these cases, non-pharmacological methods are the therapeutic alternatives.

Attachments

• JULY25-TRT-LSD-2359-4292-aem-63-03-0187.pdf
    97.5 KB · Views: 157
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

SkiDaddy

You better believe it, I gave my wife 20mg. T. Cyp. in a vitamin B-12 shot, 2 days later I was regretting that move, for 3 days she could not get satisfied.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I wonder if supplementing DHEA will have any libido effects in post MP women. Maybe its a safer way to go?

Kind of mixed data (attached paper).

DHEA supplement for women.jpg

Attachments

• dhea women.pdf
    208.1 KB · Views: 150

Neil

My wife has had T in her bio identical cream for almost ten years. And she gets about 12.5 micronized DHEA. Oh hell yes, add the T into the mix for your lady, it did nothing good or bad for her cholesterol panel. We take her free T to top of range with our D.O.'s blessing. And yes, we've been known to sneak a few shots of my T into the mix for her. It just gets better. And it doesn't make her manly at all, she doesn't want to arm wrestle me or wear flannel shirts. Geez.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me