Is it true there is no cure for post accutane?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Diablo666

Hi,

I have low SHBG, and have been on TRT for the past 5 years with very low success. If I feel good with energy and libido it is for a few hours/days, and then it fades. Since I have low SHBG, that was my first suspect, but after reading about post FPS and Accutane, I am afraid my issue is due to that and somehow my androgen receptors are just fucked.

Has anyone that took accutane has found any successful protocol? is there any way to test whether your androgen receptors are in good shape or fucked up?

I just dont understand if accutane caused secondary hypogonadism which is my case, why we cannot find success with standard treatment like many other people with secondary hypogonadism. If there TRT is no good, then there must be something else that is keeping us from feeling good.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Charliebizz

Hi,

I have low SHBG, and have been on TRT for the past 5 years with very low success. If I feel good with energy and libido it is for a few hours/days, and then it fades. Since I have low SHBG, that was my first suspect, but after reading about post FPS and Accutane, I am afraid my issue is due to that and somehow my androgen receptors are just fucked.

Has anyone that took accutane has found any successful protocol? is there any way to test whether your androgen receptors are in good shape or fucked up?

I just dont understand if accutane caused secondary hypogonadism which is my case, why we cannot find success with standard treatment like many other people with secondary hypogonadism. If there TRT is no good, then there must be something else that is keeping us from feeling good.
i never used accutane or any thing like that. And I have low shbg and haven’t been able to find success on trt myself.

Charliebizz

Last reading off trt was 14. As far as e2 it’s hard to say. At 70mg of test per week day after shit I only had a total t of 538 and e2 was about 50. I didn’t feel terrible but not great.

S1W

I took Accutane and believe it has caused issues for me. SHBG low-mid 20s.

I'm not sure if this is even true so take it with a grain of salt, but: It's common to hear guys saying things like "less is more" and they feel better with lower numbers. I do not. I feel like if I'm not at the top of or above ranges, TRT does nothing for me.

Whether or not this has anything to do with having used Accutane...no idea. I just wish I never took that stuff.

Diablo666

I took Accutane and believe it has caused issues for me. SHBG low-mid 20s.

I'm not sure if this is even true so take it with a grain of salt, but: It's common to hear guys saying things like "less is more" and they feel better with lower numbers. I do not. I feel like if I'm not at the top of or above ranges, TRT does nothing for me.

Whether or not this has anything to do with having used Accutane...no idea. I just wish I never took that stuff.

thanks I also took it and am liw SHBG but mid teens and feel the same if T is not at least 900 I hardly feel anything.

The good thing is that I think we may have a chance, after 5 years I am realizing we need very high T levels, E2 being close to SHBG levels and unfortunately I think we need AI, I am tryining to lose a ton of weight and body fat to see if i can get rid of AIs.

S1W

thanks I also took it and am liw SHBG but mid teens and feel the same if T is not at least 900 I hardly feel anything.

The good thing is that I think we may have a chance, after 5 years I am realizing we need very high T levels, E2 being close to SHBG levels and unfortunately I think we need AI, I am tryining to lose a ton of weight and body fat to see if i can get rid of AIs.

I tried an AI for a bit and definitely feel better without it, even though my trough E2 gets into the mid 40s at times (on E3.5D injections).

With 2x/day scrotal cream, I was able to have my TT levels stable in the mid 800s and have E2 in range. Downside with 2x/day cream is that it can be fairly inconvenient some days.

Last edited:

Diablo666

Interesting, perhaps your SHBG at 20 being not so low allow you to feel better with higher E2.
With both high T and SHBG at constant level have you identified at which level of E2 do you feel best?

S1W

Unfortunately I can't say with any level of detail/certainty where I feel best in regards to E2.

Systemlord

Accutane is very similar to finasteride which causes receptor damage and causes secondary hypogonadism and post-drug loss of androgenic action. This is probably why you feel nothing from TRT.

You basically have to beware we live in a day and age where phrama is hiding how dangerous some of the drugs are, the courts allowed Merck to hide secrets about the damage finasteride can cause to men.

Diablo666

Well that is true, I read a lot of cases where accutane users are screwed up, but I am not sure that at least my case is exactly as the PFS guys. It is true I got secondary hypogonadism and besides that I am low SHBG (not sure if that is related). However, I have had very good libido and energy for up to a week as long as my Free T is above upper range and my E2 is close to my SHBG. I can definitively feel much better on TRT but when E2 is well managed. After years of trial and error I still cannot hit the exact sweet spot permanently but even when I am not, I feel better energy wise that without TRT.

So at least I have hope and wont give up until I die or find a successful treatment/protocol. At this point, however, I am not sure if being so difficult to find and keep the sweet spot is due to my low SHBG or to the use of accutane, it is possible is both.

S1W

At this point, however, I am not sure if being so difficult to find and keep the sweet spot is due to my low SHBG or to the use of accutane, it is possible is both.

Not that this is any sort of consolation, but plenty of guys who have never used Accutane find it difficult to find the sweet spot, too.

DaveK22

Accutane is very similar to finasteride which causes receptor damage and causes secondary hypogonadism and post-drug loss of androgenic action. This is probably why you feel nothing from TRT.

You basically have to beware we live in a day and age where phrama is hiding how dangerous some of the drugs are, the courts allowed Merck to hide secrets about the damage finasteride can cause to men.

YUP ^^^

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching