Is it possible to block the vasodilatory effect of testosterone?

Buy Lab Tests Online
T

tareload

I'm on a TRT dose not supraphysiological.
This is a common theme we debate on here....the critical question is whether the serum levels you are running currently supraphysiologic for you?

You mention 300 ng/dl after you took something you shouldn't have, but do you have your baseline prior to that? Usually it is hard to know whether the physiologic ref range for male population (say 300-1200 ng/dl) is applicable as physiologic to a particular individual.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
This is a common theme we debate on here....the critical question is whether the serum levels you are running currently supraphysiologic for you?

You mention 300 ng/dl after you took something you shouldn't have, but do you have your baseline prior to that? Usually it is hard to know whether the physiologic ref range for male population (say 300-1200 ng/dl) is applicable as physiologic to a particular individual.
Ah OK I get you. I would say I don't think so, just because I have had these heart symptoms for around 7/8 years now, although they probably got a little bit worse over time (which is worrying). So regardless of TRT or not I get these symptoms from other things, and because many things cause it then it isn't surprising that TRT is having an effect.

T

tareload

Ah OK I get you. I would say I don't think so, just because I have had these heart symptoms for around 7/8 years now, although they probably got a little bit worse over time (which is worrying). So regardless of TRT or not I get these symptoms from other things, and because many things cause it then it isn't surprising that TRT is having an effect.
Gotcha, thanks. So exogenous T use seems to be exacerbating the issue. With COVID, TRT, lifestyle, workouts, I don't know up from down most days!

I wish you well and hope you figure it out. I would definitely seek the opinion of hematologist. I've seen many where Hct goes up and some that can't support Hct via iron metabolism. Check you CBC and consider a hematology consult?

sammmy

Ok, so have you used it yourself for a similar reason? Does it interfere with sleep in your experience?
I get "pounding pulse" and severe fatigue/dizziness/headaches after meals, but I have a low blood pressure and it dips even lower after meals. What helps me with those is 15mg pseudoephedrine - got it with prescription in US, a nasal decongestant by Sunmark, no caffeine in it.

I don't like caffeine - exacerbates the post meal palpitations and doesn't help with the headaches or fatigue.

Surprisingly, a low dose aspirin 81mg also helps me - it suppresses the post meal palpitations and unpleasant feeling in my head and removes the fatigue even better than pseudoephedrine. If aspirin didn't have negative effect on kidneys and intestines, probably I would take aspirin daily.

sammmy

I haven't noticed 15-30mg pseudoephedrine taken at noon to interfere with sleep at night. I am on a sleep medication zolpidem/Ambien and am very sensitive to stimulants.

Herbal stimulants such as reg ginseng, guarana, herbal ephedra impair my sleep even if I take them at noon, probably because they are complex mixtures not pure compounds that are metabolized in a few hours.

TorontoTRT

Seems like you keep messing with your protocol and not allowing for any long term stabilizing effects. Pick a dose and stick with it for a full 6 months or more. Your current dose is low, keeping you at mid normal levels. Hence it’s not trt causing issues, and your pulse issue sounds like anxiety. Since all tests show it’s nothing else.

Fortunate

1. What other medications are you taking, including supplements? Anything at all?
2. Have you had your thyroid levels checked?
3. Consider a trial of Natesto. It might address whatever low T symptoms you were having without the side effects you describe.

sammmy

Reviving the old thread ...

Recently I noticed that when I have severe intestinal inflammation (presenting as cramps, lots of gas and endless diarrhea/nausea), my pulse is pounding in my ears in the evening when I am falling asleep and in the morning when I wake up, and probably in between when I am asleep. The pounding is caused by the neck blood vessels pressing on the pillow, which makes you hear your pulse. If it gets too much, I remove the pillow.

In my case, it is somehow related to the intestinal inflammation and the intestinal blood pool - maybe the inflammation is causing vasodilation there and the heart is pumping harder to keep blood pressure from dropping???. I don' hear my pulse at times when I don't have intestinal inflammation - in my case it is some infection, probably viral enteritis.

Reviving the old thread ...

Recently I noticed that when I have severe intestinal inflammation (presenting as cramps, lots of gas and endless diarrhea/nausea), my pulse is pounding in my ears in the evening when I am falling asleep and in the morning when I wake up, and probably in between when I am asleep. The pounding is caused by the neck blood vessels pressing on the pillow, which makes you hear your pulse. If it gets too much, I remove the pillow.

In my case, it is somehow related to the intestinal inflammation and the intestinal blood pool - maybe the inflammation is causing vasodilation there and the heart is pumping harder to keep blood pressure from dropping???. I don' hear my pulse at times when I don't have intestinal inflammation - in my case it is some infection, probably viral enteritis.
I have had problems with SIBO, which causes excessive gas. When my bloating is bad my pulse gets much stronger. I noticed when this happens my heart rate drops, this may be implausible, but it literally feels like my guts come up and compresses my heart a bit. There is a lot of discussion online from many people discussing Roemheld syndrome, which is gastro-cardiac syndrome. Many people connect stomach their stomach issues to cardiac symptoms, yet it is an area that mainstream medicine doesn't really recognize. If I were you I would look into SIBO), especially if you suspect certain food trigger it.

sammmy

In my case it seems to be a reactivating VZV (Varicella Zoster Virus) without the typical rash. This is called "internal shingles". The diarrhea/nausea/gas happen together with other symptoms such as intensive headaches, sore throats, laryngitis, earache, tracheitis, and sometimes end up with a cold sore and skin painfully sensitive to touch (allodynia, herpetic neuralgia). The headaches and sore throats are suppressed by oral herpes drugs and I got a positive VZV IgM test after one of the episodes, which shows activated varicella.

The intestinal inflammation is either primary VZV infection (varicella hides in the gut nerves) or a secondary bacterial infection after VZV damages the intestinal mucosa. It does the same thing in my throat - first VZV damages the mucosa and then any bacteria can lodge there and form an infection. I started avoiding eating cheese because I noticed my laryngitis gets more severe - probably the cheese bacteria infecting the damaged throat mucosa.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me