Iron overload/hemochromatosis

Buy Lab Tests Online
Been on Trt for 16 months. It has cured my libido problems, but I am still exhausted all the time with bad brain fog at times. About a year ago my iron tested and my levels were 165. Now they are at 203 (38-169). Iron a saturation is at 62% (15-55). I battled HCT/HGB for a while but it finally settled down with a lower dose. Ferritin is between 50-70 every time.

I have been reading up on hemochromatosis and iron overload. anyone here dealing with this??

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HealthMan

Been on Trt for 16 months. It has cured my libido problems, but I am still exhausted all the time with bad brain fog at times. About a year ago my iron tested and my levels were 165. Now they are at 203 (38-169). Iron a saturation is at 62% (15-55). I battled HCT/HGB for a while but it finally settled down with a lower dose. Ferritin is between 50-70 every time.

I have been reading up on hemochromatosis and iron overload. anyone here dealing with this??
Yup. I had the exact same problem. TRT can lower hepcidin and cause this in some people. Blood donation can also cause this. IP6 + Apolactoferrin solved this problem for me. Now my serum iron and iron saturation are normal. Before they were really high
I use Jarrow brand 2 caps of IP6 and 1 cap of Apolactoferrin on a very empty stomach. No eating for at least 2 hours.
I have a couple of posts here about this you can search.

Yup. I had the exact same problem. TRT can lower hepcidin and cause this in some people. Blood donation can also cause this. IP6 + Apolactoferrin solved this problem for me. Now my serum iron and iron saturation are normal. Before they were really high
I use Jarrow brand 2 caps of IP6 and 1 cap of Apolactoferrin on a very empty stomach. No eating for at least 2 hours.
Did you get tested for hemochromatosis or just chalk it up to TRT?

magnus68

Will this raise Ferritin? mine is chronically low

t_spacemonkey

how is your Thyroid? mine was in the middle range. TSH 2, free T3 somewhere in the middle. started armour thyroid 60g. day and night difference. brain fog gone, physical energy through the roof. can workout 3x a day and still have some left
you would think that my Thyroid was 'good', according to labs, but bringing the T3 to the upper level was a game changer for me

Gman86

how is your Thyroid? mine was in the middle range. TSH 2, free T3 somewhere in the middle. started armour thyroid 60g. day and night difference. brain fog gone, physical energy through the roof. can workout 3x a day and still have some left
you would think that my Thyroid was 'good', according to labs, but bringing the T3 to the upper level was a game changer for me

How long u been on this dose of armour?

Do u have labs available since going on this? Would love to see ur pre armour labs vs post armour labs

t_spacemonkey

1 month. yes
pre armour:
T3 free: 3.1
TSH: 2.48

with armour:
TSH: 2.1
T3 free: 4.5

pre starting TRT/workout/diet regimen, my Thyroid was even worse. TSH close to 4. T3 close to 2.
I'd highy recommended desiccated thyroid meds like armour. i tried some synthetics in the past they do not do much for me and many.
armour starts to work quick. within 1 week or so I felt the difference in energy.

Gman86

1 month. yes
pre armour:
T3 free: 3.1
TSH: 2.48

with armour:
TSH: 2.1
T3 free: 4.5

pre starting TRT/workout/diet regimen, my Thyroid was even worse. TSH close to 4. T3 close to 2.
I'd highy recommended desiccated thyroid meds like armour. i tried some synthetics in the past they do not do much for me and many.
armour starts to work quick. within 1 week or so I felt the difference in energy.

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. Glad to see that just 1 grain of armour thyroid has made such a big difference for u. Do u take it all at once upon waking?

Notice any negatives from taking it?

Do u plan on trying any other dosages, or u gonna just stick with 1 grain per day?

Did u try any other dosages prior to landing on 1 grain per day?

t_spacemonkey

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. Glad to see that just 1 grain of armour thyroid has made such a big difference for u. Do u take it all at once upon waking?

Notice any negatives from taking it?

Do u plan on trying any other dosages, or u gonna just stick with 1 grain per day?

Did u try any other dosages prior to landing on 1 grain per day?
1 grain is my max for sure. couple months ago even 1g threw me into a bit of an anxiety. not sure why. a while ago I reduced my Test dose from 30mg/d to 20-25mg/d. then re-adding armour actually worked well. you will get pretty jittery/anxious with too much thyroid.
I even consider splitting 1g into 1/2. some days I feel a bit overstimulated, but this could be related to work/stress etc.
plan on ramping your workouts if you add this. I typically go to the gym at 7am and pre armour that was it for the day, other then walks.
now with the T3 stuff, i go on a pretty intense 30min bike ride around lunch time in addition, where before I would feel somewhat sluggish by noon.

Gman86

1 grain is my max for sure. couple months ago even 1g threw me into a bit of an anxiety. not sure why. a while ago I reduced my Test dose from 30mg/d to 20-25mg/d. then re-adding armour actually worked well. you will get pretty jittery/anxious with too much thyroid.
I even consider splitting 1g into 1/2. some days I feel a bit overstimulated, but this could be related to work/stress etc.
plan on ramping your workouts if you add this. I typically go to the gym at 7am and pre armour that was it for the day, other then walks.
now with the T3 stuff, i go on a pretty intense 30min bike ride around lunch time in addition, where before I would feel somewhat sluggish by noon.

This is awesome info man. The thyroid is sooooo important for sooooo many things. It’s called the master gland for a reason. And I’m pretty sure there’s a thyroid receptor on every cell of the body. So making sure the thyroid is functioning optimally is one of the most important things u can do to feel and function at ur best

So u take the armour as soon as u wake up on an empty stomach?

t_spacemonkey

This is awesome info man. The thyroid is sooooo important for sooooo many things. It’s called the master gland for a reason. And I’m pretty sure there’s a thyroid receptor on every cell of the body. So making sure the thyroid is functioning optimally is one of the most important things u can do to feel and function at ur best

So u take the armour as soon as u wake up on an empty stomach?
yeah with coffee/creamer first thing. I am not sure what the deal with my thyroid at 45 is. according to labs 'normal', but apparently not optimal. I was like 6 or so living in NE poland when Chernobyl hit. some people think this had a bad effects on thyroids of many people but not sure. then i grew up in a house with a lot of mold issues....
could also be plainly abusing my body with toxic processed foods for decades. haven't been doing it for 2y but it takes a while for the body to recover as well

Seagal

yeah with coffee/creamer first thing. I am not sure what the deal with my thyroid at 45 is. according to labs 'normal', but apparently not optimal. I was like 6 or so living in NE poland when Chernobyl hit. some people think this had a bad effects on thyroids of many people but not sure. then i grew up in a house with a lot of mold issues....
could also be plainly abusing my body with toxic processed foods for decades. haven't been doing it for 2y but it takes a while for the body to recover as well
I think it's a more common problem. Currently quite controversial what normal range for TSH should be.
I had worse values but still normal according to current reference ranges (TSH almost 4, T3 on low side). Experimented with T4/T3 then switched to T3 only, 6mcg before morning coffee, 6mcg before lunch.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me