Introduction and where I'm at now

Buy Lab Tests Online

Bobrebooted

Hey all! Just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself and give a bit of background, and of course a few questions to ask lol!
Well, I'm about midway through my third-quarter of TRT. I say quarters as they require bloodwork every three months for the first year. The first three months they had me on a suspended cream which did zero. Discouraging start as my hopes were high that I'd start feeling better. My 3 month bloodwork was worse than my base if I'm not mistaken. Luckily, they didn't waste any more time and put me on 40mg cypionate twice weekly. The second three months were better and I started to see improvement in my mood, energy levels and general well being. Fiancée really noticed a difference, she said she didn't think anything was that wrong with me until after I started improving, then realized how bad things actually were. She says it's like I was when we met 10 years ago, whereas the past two years have basically been me dragging my ass everywhere I went, not wanting to do a damn thing but hit the couch from the time work ended until I crashed out. Needless to say I'm very happy. I had chalked most of my symptoms to age and having a career that beats up on you as you get older, I'm glad that isn't always true.
Pinning myself I still can't do, my partner does it for me. I had a huge phobia about needles, and vasovagal syncope, meaning I pass out for needles. Needless to say, I was pretty desperate if I was willing to go through bloodwork every couple months, and ridiculously desperate when I agreed to getting stabbed every three days. The first three months were really hell. We were pinning in the thigh, and most days it was painful AF. Like a hot poker going in. I was told it was the alcohol not being dry completely, that I was nicking a nerve, inserting too slowly. Tried all these things and it was still 50/50 that my injection was going to suck. This obviously didn't help my anxiety, and I found myself tensing up and twitching, which made things even worse. So this is what HAS helped for anyone who is a B**** like me;

1. Lay down. I do this for my pins every time, and started requesting the room with the bed at the lab for bloodwork. Because Vasovagal Syncope triggers a drop in blood pressure, laying down almost always fixes the problem. I've never passed out or even gotten light headed if I'm laying down.
2. insert needle quickly, then stabilize with one hand while you inject. Test actually requires a decent amount of pressure and takes around 10 sec for 40mg to be pushed in. If you're wiggling around the needle the whole time, it's gonna eventually suck.
3. If it hurts, stop. A few times I felt the hot burning which I was told may or may not be hitting a nerve? (I have no idea if this is true). Usually I'd jump a bit, then when Kate got all concerned, I'd tell her to just hurry and get it done. I say don't. If it feels at all wrong, stop, remove the needle and find a new spot.
4. Finally, change location altogether. This was the best thing that happened to me at least. I was injecting into my thigh as that's where people are most commonly told to start. Why? Because it's an easy location for a person to do on their own. After going deep on Youtube, it seems that there are a lot of reasons why the thigh probably sucks lol. About one month ago, I convinced Kate to try a glute injection, specifically the gluteus medius. It is literally night and day for me. I haven't had a single painful injection there yet.

So, what was becoming a bit of a nightmare I was seriously considering giving up on, has become a bit of a success story so far. I'm happy I've done this. I used to be very active and lifted regularly for a few years, then found myself having less and less energy and having increasing difficultly recovering post workout. So I stopped, then started to gain weight, then gave up on nutrition, then gained more, and the cycle would just keep repeating itself until I found myself at 236lb. It all ties together, and I'm feeling good about where it's headed. Since starting TRT, and cleaning up my nutrition, I'm down 22lbs and in a good rhythm averaging 2-3lbs a week.

The one area I'm still hoping for results, and the actual reason I started this all, is libido/drive and quality of erection. Libido has definitely improved, but I still consider it way lower that I believe it should be, and what I was used to in the past. Wood quality is nothing to write home about either. It's improved, but shit isn't going to happen without some manual help to get started, and even then, you couldn't hang a towel on it if you know what I mean. This is still very discouraging to me, so I'd love to hear from the experts. On my most recent bloodwork my estradiol was high (244 pmol/L). They gave me a prescription for Arimidex so we'll see what happens there. My test numbers are considered high now, is this a concern? Testosterone 24.9 nmol/l, and free test 704 pmol/l. Thanks for all the insight!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

On my most recent bloodwork my estradiol was high (244 pmol/L). They gave me a prescription for Arimidex so we'll see what happens there. My test numbers are considered high now, is this a concern? Testosterone 24.9 nmol/l, and free test 704 pmol/l.
You're not going to get much advice without lab ranges. Here in the US there are different lab ranges, units of measure depending on which lab company you use, so lab ranges are crucial to understanding where your Free T levels currently sit.

Your Total T is a very normal 717 ng/dL.

You make it sound as though you're using harpoons to inject Test. When I was on injections, I used 29 gauge insulin syringes in the deltoids and no pain at all.

The thighs have too many nerves to hit and never could guarantee a painless injection.

My estrogen levels are high on TRT, but have no symptoms and everytime I try to treat these high estrogen levels with Arimidex at micro doses 0.050, bone pain in hips and knees within days for starters.

There are lots of things you can do to lower estrogen that doesn't involve using drugs, lose visceral fat, and reduce your Test dosage.

How much Arimidex were you prescribed?

Last edited:

Bobrebooted

thanks for the answers! I should have known units of measure are probably different, here you go. First number is my results, second is range

Estradiol

HI

<162

pmol/L

Testosterone

8.4 - 28.8

nmol/L

Testosterone Free

HI

196-636

pmol/L

As far as injections, I'm using 25g x 1in. I was going to give backloading a try, but honestly since I moved to glutes I've had zero issues, piece of cake. as far as the Arimidex, I was prescribed 0.5mg 3 times a week. The doctor said she'd prefer a smaller dose every day, but here at least, you can't get pills smaller than 1mg, and they don't split well to begin with because of the size. I've been on it for a good month now and don't have any side effects that I'm aware of, but I'm not due for bloodwork for another month or so.

Systemlord

Testosterone Free

HI

196-636

pmol/L

This is fine, nothing to be concerned about.

I've had zero issues, piece of cake. as far as the Arimidex, I was prescribed 0.5mg 3 times a week.
So by treating you're high estradiol levels with Arimidex with no issues whatsoever, this is a recipe for disaster.

Not that you should care, but you can get .125 mg anastrazole (Arimidex) from Empower Pharmacy.

Last edited:

Bobrebooted

This is fine, nothing to be concerned about.

So by treating you're high estradiol levels with Arimidex with no issues whatsoever, this is a recipe for disaster.

Not that you should care, but you can get .125 mg anastrazole (Arimidex) from Empower Pharmacy.

Ok, why recipe for disaster? What I mean by no issues whatsoever is that I'm not experiencing any side effects that I'm aware of. I am not due for bloodwork for another 4 weeks or so though. As far as the .125mg, I can look into it, but I'm in Canada so not sure. I am technically on anastrazole but I understand it's the generic Arimidex.

Blackhawk

1" 25 gauge ARE NOT NEEDED! Do yourself a favor and try tiny needles. You will find those who will argue for, and want to use big needles, and plenty of discussion about intramuscular injections vs Subcutaneous, but the best thing is to try SubQ with insulin syringes. If it works for you, you are set.

Many of us have been doing just fine this way. I personally use 5/16" 30 gauge insulin syringes for T-cypionate in grapeseed oil. I have never used T with a cottonseed carrier oil, but it can be thicker viscosity and 29-27 gauge can be warranted.

Also: It is very common that injections into the thighs really hurt. For SubQ, There are several regions that work easily. I alternate SubQ left and right in the belly fat around the umbilicus, love handle fat, and all around the glutes. None of it goes IM. Some prefer into the dlets for shallow IM with 1/2" needle.

And regarding Arimidex, two things: First, your lab results indicate you are using the lab test for women, which often is not a good representation for men... ie. you might be going on questionable results. Next time use estradiol "sensitive" LC/MS/MS nethodology

Second, a little Arimidex can go a very long way. I was mixing it down to administer essentially in micrograms. I crushed one tablet into 10ml of vodka, and took only 0.6ml per dose for .06 mg every other day, for less than 1/4 mg/week which was enough to drop my E2 by 10 points.

Answering your question about this, even a single dose at 0.5 or 1mg can tank a man's estrogen... you need enough estrogen! search this forum about estrogen/estradiol crashing.

Last edited:

Systemlord

Ok, why recipe for disaster?
Well think about it for a second, you're having no issues with regards to these estrogen levels, add a drug that changes something and now things start to change.

I have seen countless men in your situation attempt to treat high E2 numbers without symptoms and end badly.

Bobrebooted

Well think about it for a second, you're having no issues with regards to these estrogen levels, add a drug that changes something and now things start to change.

I have seen countless men in your situation attempt to treat high E2 numbers without symptoms and end badly.
Understood. Just following doctors orders. Now that you mention it and I've taken a look, one of the side effects of high estrogen is one of my biggest problems. At the same time, it's one of the side effects of low testosterone and why I started out on this to begin with.

Bobrebooted

1" 25 gauge ARE NOT NEEDED! Do yourself a favor and try tiny needles. You will find those who will argue for, and want to use big needles, and plenty of discussion about intramuscular injections vs Subcutaneous, but the best thing is to try SubQ with insulin syringes. If it works for you, you are set.

Many of us have been doing just fine this way. I personally use 5/16" 30 gauge insulin syringes for T-cypionate in grapeseed oil. I have never used T with a cottonseed carrier oil, but it can be thicker viscosity and 29-27 gauge can be warranted.

Also: It is very common that injections into the thighs really hurt. For SubQ, There are several regions that work easily. I alternate SubQ left and right in the belly fat around the umbilicus, love handle fat, and all around the glutes. None of it goes IM. Some prefer into the dlets for shallow IM with 1/2" needle.

And regarding Arimidex, two things: First, your lab results indicate you are using the lab test for women, which often is not a good representation for men... ie. you might be going on questionable results. Next time use estradiol "sensitive" LC/MS/MS nethodology

Second, a little Arimidex can go a very long way. I was mixing it down to administer essentially in micrograms. I crushed one tablet into 10ml of vodka, and took only 0.6ml per dose for .06 mg every other day, for less than 1/4 mg/week which was enough to drop my E2 by 10 points.

Answering your question about this, even a single dose at 0.5 or 1mg can tank a man's estrogen... you need enough estrogen! search this forum about estrogen/estradiol crashing.
Thanks for all this info! This is why I'm here :)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me