Injection frequency effect on shbg

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hi everyone ,I « heard »different thought about the effect of injection frequency on shbg

For the same dose ,let’s say 200 mg. Injecting everyday instead of once a week for example will it increase or decrease shbg?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

slicktop

Unfortunately, there's no clear answer to your question. Men with lower SHBG may get benefits more from smaller, more frequent T doses (I do), but it doesn't appear that testosterone dosage or frequency directly affects SHBG levels. Now, if you're one of the guys that over aromatize T to E, the more frequent, smaller injections may help keep your estradiol down, and there is some research that indicates estradiol having a strong influence on SHBG. It's a really hard thing to nail down though, as protein intake, alcohol, exercise, and maybe even DHEA all can impact your SHBG levels. Sorry!

Last edited:
thx for your answer.can I ask you what is your shbg how much testosterone you take and what is your injection frequency?do you inject sub q or Im?

S1W

Hi everyone ,I « heard »different thought about the effect of injection frequency on shbg

For the same dose ,let’s say 200 mg. Injecting everyday instead of once a week for example will it increase or decrease shbg?

For me, more frequent injections lower my SHBG.

madman

Super Moderator

High steroid doses of T/AAS would have a stronger impact on lowering SHBG and the use of c-17alpha alkylated orals will have the biggest impact on hammering down SHBG.

No one can say for sure as to what impact your trt protocol (dose/injection frequency) will have on your SHBG as some men may only notice a small drop in SHBG and others may see a more significant drop.

I inject 150mg/week (75mg every 3.5 days) pre-trt my SHBG was 34 nmol/L and as of now (3.5 yrs on trt) it has always hovered around 30-32 nmol/L.

The main benefit of injecting daily will be stable blood levels/minimizing peak--->trough.

Some do notice improvements in lowering of HCT and estradiol but it is not a given.

Table 2. Conditions That Alter SHBG Concentrations
Screenshot (1905).png

High steroid doses of T/AAS would have a stronger impact on lowering SHBG and the use of c-17alpha alkylated orals will have the biggest impact on hammering down SHBG.

No one can say for sure as to what impact your trt protocol (dose/injection frequency) will have on your SHBG as some men may only notice a small drop in SHBG and others may see a more significant drop.

I inject 150mg/week (75mg every 3.5 days) pre-trt my SHBG was 34 nmol/L and as of now (3.5 yrs on trt) it has always hovered around 30-32 nmol/L.

The main benefit of injecting daily will be stable blood levels/minimizing peak--->trough.

Some do notice improvements in lowering of HCT and estradiol but it is not a given.

Table 2. Conditions That Alter SHBG Concentrations
View attachment 10651
Really interesting .any idea of what is the optimal shbg level?

madman

Super Moderator
Really interesting .any idea of what is the optimal shbg level?

The average SHBG level of a healthy young male is 30-35 nmol/L.

You have to work with where your level naturally sits.

If you have low/lowish SHBG than most would tend to inject more frequently (daily/EOD) and if it is high/highish you could get away with injecting less frequently (once/twice weekly) but even than it is not set in stone as some men with higher SHBG feel more optimal injecting lower doses of T more frequently.

You need to do what is best for you and it really comes down to achieving a healthy TT/FT level and what protocol (dose T/injection) frequency suits you best.

This is anecdotal but someone I know started TRT with SHBG at 70 and it lowered to 35 after a year of daily subQ injections. Pretty high dosage at 25mg/day and he's using hCG so I'm not sure what the role, if any, of hCG is here.

But in his case, daily injections of exogenous Test normalized his SHBG.

The average SHBG level of a healthy young male is 30-35 nmol/L.

You have to work with where your level naturally sits.

If you have low/lowish SHBG than most would tend to inject more frequently (daily/EOD) and if it is high/highish you could get away with injecting less frequently (once/twice weekly) but even than it is not set in stone as some men with higher SHBG feel more optimal injecting lower doses of T more frequently.

You need to do what is best for you and it really comes down to achieving a healthy TT/FT level and what protocol (dose T/injection) frequency suits you best.
What is a heakthy tt/ft level?and what do you think about the ratio tt e2 being between 30 1 and 50 1?

madman

Super Moderator
What is a heakthy tt/ft level?and what do you think about the ratio tt e2 being between 30 1 and 50 1?

A healthy FT level would be 16-31 ng/dL and most men on trt do well with levels in the 20-30 ng/dL range.

Depends on what level of FT you need in order to experience relief/improvement of low-t symptoms.

Some may feel better running lower levels whereas others may need to be in the higher end.

Need to find what is best for you and keep in mind that if FT levels get too high you may be constantly battling elevated RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit let alone e2 (which can cause issues for some).

A healthy FT level would be 16-31 ng/dL and most men on trt do well with levels in the 20-30 ng/dL range.

Depends on what level of FT you need in order to experience relief/improvement of low-t symptoms.

Some may feel better running lower levels whereas others may need to be in the higher end.

Need to find what is best for you and keep in mind that if FT levels get too high you may be constantly battling elevated RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit let alone e2 (which can cause issues for some).
Ok thx.i did a small lab two days ago :e2(Celia don’t have access to another method here) free t total t and shbg.instarted taking arimidex very low dosage(0.003 mg) I m planning to take it every 2.5 days just too see if I feel a difference. I really respond hard to arimidex so I ´ gonna be careful .ill post labs as soon as I have them

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me