Injection frequency and DHT conversion

Buy Lab Tests Online

MikeXL

It seems that more frequent injections help keep E2 and HCT in check. Does injection frequency have any effect on DHT levels?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Weasel

I know I've read a thread somewhere about this but i cannot find it right now. I believe it actually had some links to studies too.

It stated DHT levels were also lower. I probably read it here or over on PeakT.

Vince

Super Moderator
https://thinksteroids.com/steroid-profiles/dht/ The main androgen secreted by the testes is of course testosterone. However, in most of the body, the androgenic signal is not carried through by testosterone. In these tissues, which include the brain (CNS), skin, genitals – practically everything but muscle – the active androgen is actually dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Testosterone in this case simply acts as a prohormone that is converted to the active androgen DHT by the action of the enzyme 5alpha reductase (5-AR).
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...Dr-Crisler-on-Surface-Area-of-Gel-Application

FWIW I'm on EOD injections (low SHBG) and my DHT was very low, like 45 on a 16-79 scale, reason I started using the cream on the scrotum in addition to my Cyp injections. I have to use it daily and at last test on the same scale I pulled a 130, and am always over 79, at least. Some things you can do to promote, supposedly, 5AR activity and conversion to DHT is use of Sorghum grain/syrup/flour, and even Beer. Sorghum is what is usually marketed for the gluten free crowd. Creatine supplementation too. I don't know if any of that works but I do make Sorghum pancakes 2-3 days a week now.

MikeXL

No. My E2 is under control. However, I appear to be a high converter to DHT. DHT levels close to 2x the UL. Want to get that down a bit

Vince

Super Moderator
Higher DHT, a bit above range is considered to be a good thing. DHT is 7 to 8 times more androgenic than testosterone. Gives you a much stronger libido and better gains in strength.

Ardoc

MikeXL, I have the same issue and am hoping to get some feedback here also. It seems that most comments regarding DHT here are for the opposite problem so I have found little info on this topic. I feel no DHT related issues so I have not really addressed it. I am not willing to take Finesteride due to libido related issues in some people that can continue after stopping. I recently started taking Stinging Nettle as I read somewhere here that it can be prostate protective and possibly lower DHT. I have not yet received my latest blood work back to see if it has had any effect. In fact once I established that my DHT was above range I didn't continue to monitor it as I am in Canada and that particular test is not covered by my insurance (and fairly expensive). So without an appropriate strategy to treat it, it seemed pointless and I didn't want to worry about something I can do nothing about. My high DHT was near the beginning of TRT so unfortunately now, 4 years later, if I test lower... Did it naturally come down over time or did the Nettle help? I did not have it tested prior to TRT (I had not yet found this forum or I would have) so it may have always been high? I will advise what the new levels are when I get them. Any input from members on this would be appreciated!

Most anything you can use to bring DHT is notorious for killing your sex drive and libido, things like Finasteride and Propecia are two. Saw Palmetto works in the same way but may be less extreme than those two drugs but all the same is anti-androgenic and would typically not in the long run be conducive.

DHT is not a problem...absent hair loss and prostrate problems I would recommned to leave DHT alone though twice the lab ranges is a curious thing.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me