Initial levels correlate to target TT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

AndyP

Gents,

A while ago, when first researching my low T problem, I stumbled upon a blog entry from a clinic local to me that has alway stuck in my mind. In the wonderful world of n=1 this rule, as it transpires, does actually apply to me. I’m running 30mg per day that puts me at the upper end of TT and FT. Understand that for a lot of you this would be a train wreck but for me it works well. Presently feel great, not superman, just normal. So normal that apart from the daily injection I really don’t think about or analyse trt any further. Just for interest though and in the spirt of debate I would be interested in how your starting point relates to your ‘dialled’ position and if there is anecdotal evidence from the collective that this might be a useful point to aim for.

“Over the years, I have created a few general rules that have served me well in clinical practice by simplifying target testosterone goals. These “target T” rules are not based on a scientific paper. They are simply based on ten years of experience treating thousands of men with TDS.
In my practice, I take the normal range for testosterone (400-1,200 ng/dL) and divide it in half. We now have the lower half of normal (400-800 ng/dL) and the upper half of normal (800-1,200 ng/dL). In my experience, men with a baseline testosterone level below 200 ng/dL do quite well if corrected into the lower half of normal (400-800 ng/dL) during TRT. Men with a baseline testosterone level between 200-400 ng/dL do better when corrected into the upper half of normal (800-1,200 ng/dL). Simple, right?”

Full blog entry can be found here: http://www.obsidianmenshealth.com/optimal-testosterone-control

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

S1W

Interesting thought - thanks for sharing. I'm surprised it hasn't generated more discussion.

In my case, his theory works. Pre-TRT TT levels mid 300s ng/dl - I don't feel like I get any benefit from TRT until I'm at 850-900 or higher. I feel best above 1000.

I've seen several guys on the forum who state that they feel horrible at higher levels and they aim for the 500-700 range. I know at least a few of them had pre-TRT TT levels in the 200s or lower.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
I believe one of biggest issue for most men on trt is there shbg levels, or maybe I should say the issues when your shbg is low.

Interesting thought - thanks for sharing. I'm surprised it hasn't generated more discussion.

In my case, his theory works. Pre-TRT TT levels mid 300s ng/dl - I don't feel like I get any benefit from TRT until I'm at 850-900 or higher. I feel best above 1000.

I've seen several guys on the forum who state that they feel horrible at higher levels and they aim for the 500-700 range. I know at least a few of them had pre-TRT TT levels in the 200s or lower.

Are your levels measured at the trough? So if I am on an every 3.5 day injection protocol, the measurement would show your numbers at bloodwork taken on day 3 prior to injection Or are you talking after the initial dosing/injection (8-12 hours) measurements?

antelopers

I believe one of biggest issue for most men on trt is there shbg levels, or maybe I should say the issues when your shbg is low.
Agreed, SHBG seems to be the explanation for why these target numbers correlate to initial total T numbers. Guys with lower SHBG would more likely have lower total T to begin with and do better without pushing their numbers too high on TRT; the reverse would explain for guys on the normal or higher end of SHBG levels.

TT isn't worth anything beyond getting the diagnosis, basing your therapeutic levels off of TT is worthless. SHBG, yes, and Free T is more worthwhile. It's merely coincidental that a guy has a TT of XXX outside of those two factors.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me