Increased Dose / Switched to Daily Injections

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gnairb5

Hi there.

Looking for some feedback here on my dosing.

I was previously doing about 60/65 mg per week of cyp M/W/F (3 times per week) — no Ai (rarely I’ll take a small sliver) and no HCG.

I had some blood work done and numbers were ok. This was through my PCP, he didn’t test for Estradiol, but the last time I had it checked prior to this it was like 32.

So I ended up deciding to switch to daily injections (10-11mg daily). When I first switched a few weeks back I was feeling great in regards to mental acuity and confidence. Felt like everything I wanted trt to be before jumping on.

Now a few weeks in — still pretty great in terms of productivity, exercise, sleep — all in all, a lot more benefits than I was receiving on the 3x a week regiment.

The one issue I’m experiencing though is anxiety seems a bit high which is good because it’s helping me stay active and productive. But socializing and sitting still is a bit tough probably because I’m more amped up then I am used to.

I plan to get bloods done in a few weeks, but I’m curious if anyone thinks the anxiety will subside a bit as I further adjust to the dosing change?

Also, I am an individual who is prone to anxiety in general. I know that getting bloods will tell more too. I’m just thinking that I will adapt to the increased dose and frequency.

I’m also aware that switching to daily injections usually means lower amount of test needed. The reason I switched to daily and also increased my dose slightly was

1) I wasn’t getting what I wanted out of TRT — now I feel pretty close to how I would hope to feel moving forward.

2) My numbers weren’t great — at least my bioavailabke and free. So I thought a fairly significant change would be necessary.

Let me know your thoughts on the anxiety and if you feel I will adapt to this new protocol. Or if I should lower the dose.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 400D68F2-DA74-40C3-8C53-C3D0F869BA93.png
    400D68F2-DA74-40C3-8C53-C3D0F869BA93.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 79
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Hi there.

Looking for some feedback here on my dosing.

I was previously doing about 60/65 mg per week of cyp M/W/F (3 times per week) — no Ai (rarely I’ll take a small sliver) and no HCG.

I had some blood work done and numbers were ok.
This was through my PCP, he didn’t test for Estradiol, but the last time I had it checked prior to this it was like 32.

So I ended up deciding to switch to daily injections (10-11mg daily). When I first switched a few weeks back I was feeling great in regards to mental acuity and confidence. Felt like everything I wanted trt to be before jumping on.

Now a few weeks in — still pretty great in terms of productivity, exercise, sleep — all in all, a lot more benefits than I was receiving on the 3x a week regiment.

The one issue I’m experiencing though is anxiety seems a bit high which is good because it’s helping me stay active and productive. But socializing and sitting still is a bit tough probably because I’m more amped up then I am used to.

I plan to get bloods done in a few weeks, but I’m curious if anyone thinks the anxiety will subside a bit as I further adjust to the dosing change?

Also, I am an individual who is prone to anxiety in general. I know that getting bloods will tell more too. I’m just thinking that I will adapt to the increased dose and frequency.

I’m also aware that switching to daily injections usually means lower amount of test needed. The reason I switched to daily and also increased my dose slightly was

1) I wasn’t getting what I wanted out of TRT — now I feel pretty close to how I would hope to feel moving forward.

2) My numbers weren’t great — at least my bioavailabke and free. So I thought a fairly significant change would be necessary.

Let me know your thoughts on the anxiety and if you feel I will adapt to this new protocol. Or if I should lower the dose.

Thank you!

Would have been nice to know where your estradiol sat let alone it was a big mistake throwing in the AI (micro-dose) now and then.

The best piece of advice is to start on a T only protocol as we want to see how your body reacts to testosterone and where said protocol (dose T/injection frequency) will have your TT, FT, estradiol, SHBG let alone other blood markers which would include CBC (RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit).

60-65 mg T/week let alone split 3X weekly is much less than what most men would start on trt.

A decent starting dose would be 100 mg T/week split twice weekly (50 mg every 3.5 days).

As you can clearly see from the labs you posted that your trough TT 672 ng/dL is far from what would be considered high and more importantly your trough FT is far from stellar mind you it was not tested using an accurate assay.

Even then with a trough TT 672 nmol/L and lowish SHBG 24 nmol/L, it would most likely be descent (mid-range).

Most men will do well with FT 20-30 ng/dL and many tend to fair better on the higher end, others may need/choose to run slightly higher levels.

Comes down to the individual.

Although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

The only way to know where your FT level truly sits is to have it tested using the most accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration (next best).

I would not waste your time testing/relying on BT.

The reason I switched to daily and also increased my dose slightly was

You definitely had room to bring up your FT level which may very well be needed.

Mind you going from 60-65 mg T/week to 70-77 mg T/week split (10-11 mg daily) is not a big jump.

You will need to wait for blood levels to stabilize (4-6 weeks) then blood work will be done to see where such protocol (dose T/injection frequency) has your TT, FT, estradiol, SHBG let alone other blood markers.

You are only a few weeks in and hormones will be in FLUX and during this transition, it is common for one to experience ups/downs as the body is trying to adjust.

Need to give it more time and even than once blood levels have stabilized (4-6 weeks) it can take another 6-8 weeks for the body to adapt to those new levels and this is the critical time period when one should gauge how they truly feel overall regarding relief/improvement of low-T symptoms and overall well-being.

Need to wait on blood work before jumping to any conclusions.

Keep in mind that testosterone has a tonic effect on the CNS and can easily make one feel amped up especially when FT levels are high!

Gnairb5

Would have been nice to know where your estradiol sat let alone it was a big mistake throwing in the AI (micro-dose) now and then.

The best piece of advice is to start on a T only protocol as we want to see how your body reacts to testosterone and where said protocol (dose T/injection frequency) will have your TT, FT, estradiol, SHBG let alone other blood markers which would include CBC (RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit).

60-65 mg T/week let alone split 3X weekly is much less than what most men would start on trt.

A decent starting dose would be 100 mg T/week split twice weekly (50 mg every 3.5 days).

As you can clearly see from the labs you posted that your trough TT 672 ng/dL is far from what would be considered high and more importantly your trough FT is far from stellar mind you it was not tested using an accurate assay.

Even then with a trough TT 672 nmol/L and lowish SHBG 24 nmol/L, it would most likely be descent (mid-range).

Most men will do well with FT 20-30 ng/dL and many tend to fair better on the higher end, others may need/choose to run slightly higher levels.

Comes down to the individual.

Although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

The only way to know where your FT level truly sits is to have it tested using the most accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration (next best).

I would not waste your time testing/relying on BT.

The reason I switched to daily and also increased my dose slightly was

You definitely had room to bring up your FT level which may very well be needed.

Mind you going from 60-65 mg T/week to 70-77 mg T/week split (10-11 mg daily) is not a big jump.

You will need to wait for blood levels to stabilize (4-6 weeks) then blood work will be done to see where such protocol (dose T/injection frequency) has your TT, FT, estradiol, SHBG let alone other blood markers.

You are only a few weeks in and hormones will be in FLUX and during this transition, it is common for one to experience ups/downs as the body is trying to adjust.

Need to give it more time and even than once blood levels have stabilized (4-6 weeks) it can take another 6-8 weeks for the body to adapt to those new levels and this is the critical time period when one should gauge how they truly feel overall regarding relief/improvement of low-T symptoms and overall well-being.

Need to wait on blood work before jumping to any conclusions.

Keep in mind that testosterone has a tonic effect on the CNS and can easily make one feel amped up especially when FT levels are high!

Thank you so much! All very informative and helpful insight into my situation.

I am hoping that this somewhat amped up feeling is just temporary as I adapt to the higher dosage.

I won’t be able to stay at this dose long term if I continue to feel this way. But I am able to manage for a few more weeks I believe to see if things cool down which is sounding very possible.

I’ll also be sure to get my Free test accurately checked this time.

Charliebizz

Thank you so much! All very informative and helpful insight into my situation.

I am hoping that this somewhat amped up feeling is just temporary as I adapt to the higher dosage.

I won’t be able to stay at this dose long term if I continue to feel this way. But I am able to manage for a few more weeks I believe to see if things cool down which is sounding very possible.

I’ll also be sure to get my Free test accurately checked this time.
Any update ?

Gnairb5

Yup, still battling to find a dose that works for me haha.

Daily injections seem to always result in anxiety for me. Initially I feel great on a daily regimen.

I'm about to start doing 22mg EOD and take bloods in 6 weeks.

Vince

Super Moderator
I've been on daily injections now for over 5 years. I really like how I feel and I like injecting daily. I do inject 500 IU of HCG twice a week. It would be hard for me to go back to twice weekly injections.

Gnairb5

I'm glad it's working for you.

One theory I have is my body doesn't like a streamlined high testosterone level.

I will say on a daily protocol, my mental acuity is great and I feel sharp. But anxious lol.

I've recently added in some pregnenolone which I'm hoping helps. There was a video posted that went over the symptoms of low pregnenolone (i.e anxiety and feeling like you're in fight or flight mode)

Hoping it helps me out because i feel pretty wired on most of my protocols. I should do labs to check for it though.

JayD

I'm glad it's working for you.

One theory I have is my body doesn't like a streamlined high testosterone level.

I will say on a daily protocol, my mental acuity is great and I feel sharp. But anxious lol.

I've recently added in some pregnenolone which I'm hoping helps. There was a video posted that went over the symptoms of low pregnenolone (i.e anxiety and feeling like you're in fight or flight mode)

Hoping it helps me out because i feel pretty wired on most of my protocols. I should do labs to check for it though.
Just wondering if you had an update

Willyt

My advice is to avoid adding any other variables like Pregnenolone to the mix. Find the right T dose that makes you feel less anxious and then you can start tinkering.

How long had you been doing the 65mg per week before you switched?

GreenMachineX

Yup, still battling to find a dose that works for me haha.

Daily injections seem to always result in anxiety for me. Initially I feel great on a daily regimen.

I'm about to start doing 22mg EOD and take bloods in 6 weeks.
I'm thinking your daily dose is too high because the same happens to me. I'm doing well on 5mg daily.

GreenMachineX

Have your low e2 symptoms gotten better since reducing your test dose? Seems the people with low e2/low e2 symptoms have high androgen : estro ratios, and they often have anxiety as a result.
Actually, my e2 on daily is higher than any other protocol. Need to get it checked one more time to confirm though. I know I'm holding more water on daily with similar free T. I'm using test cyp.

Actually, my e2 on daily is higher than any other protocol. Need to get it checked one more time to confirm though. I know I'm holding more water on daily with similar free T. I'm using test cyp.
I remember you posting in some of the low e2 threads, experimenting with some phytoestrogens to try to get your e2 up and reduce anxiety. What other symptoms were you experiencing before (ED, brain fog, joint issues, loss of morning wood, etc.)? How are you feeling now?

It would be great to here some recoveries. I'm still deep in this nightmare and contemplating quitting TRT altogether.

GreenMachineX

I remember you posting in some of the low e2 threads, experimenting with some phytoestrogens to try to get your e2 up and reduce anxiety. What other symptoms were you experiencing before (ED, brain fog, joint issues, loss of morning wood, etc.)? How are you feeling now?

It would be great to here some recoveries. I'm still deep in this nightmare and contemplating quitting TRT altogether.
Yeah, that was me. My case is extra complex though because of some other things going on. The amount of anxiety I get is mostly influenced on my b12 and folate status and for some reason in me, it's a daily battle. My e2 is good enough and didn't need any of the extra stuff. I wasn't having e2 symptoms. I was just wrong about what was causing what.

GreenMachineX

What's your dose and numbers right now?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching