IM Testosterone Given SubQ

Buy Lab Tests Online

sigmaphil

Hello,

I have been taking Xyosted for the past 3 months and my doctor just recommended that up the dose to 100mg. The problem is at $425 per month, I cannot afford this. I asked my doctor if the Xyosted medication, Testosterone Enanthate was available in a vial, and could I take it subcutaneously with an insulin syringe. He said that was not an option. He could only prescribe me T-Enanthate in a vial for intramuscular injections. My doctor mentioned something about the formulation wouldn't work for SubQ injections?

My question is 1) can T-Enanthate IM formulated injections be injected subcutaneously? and 2) If not, is it possible to get T-Enanthate formulated to be injected subcutaneously. Of course, this would dramatically drop the cost of what I'm paying now.

Thanks in advance for the help!
-Phil

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

S1W

Hello,

I have been taking Xyosted for the past 3 months and my doctor just recommended that up the dose to 100mg. The problem is at $425 per month, I cannot afford this. I asked my doctor if the Xyosted medication, Testosterone Enanthate was available in a vial, and could I take it subcutaneously with an insulin syringe. He said that was not an option. He could only prescribe me T-Enanthate in a vial for intramuscular injections. My doctor mentioned something about the formulation wouldn't work for SubQ injections?

My question is 1) can T-Enanthate IM formulated injections be injected subcutaneously? and 2) If not, is it possible to get T-Enanthate formulated to be injected subcutaneously. Of course, this would dramatically drop the cost of what I'm paying now.

Thanks in advance for the help!
-Phil

You might consider finding a new doc...him stating that Enanthate cannot be injected SubQ doesn't inspire confidence.

To directly address your questions:

1. Yes, definitely.

2. N/A.

Good luck!

sigmaphil

I am in a bad mood right now. Your doctor is an asshole.

Paying $425 for xyosted is 10x worse than the $20 small coffees in the NBA bubble.

Tell your doctor you can get a 20week supply of test enanthate at Walmart pharmacy for $50.

I did email him and tell him I could get T-Enanthate in a vial for much less cost, but he rejected that attempt. That was when he gave me the song and dance about the "formulation" not being compatible with a SubQ injection.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I've been injecting testosterone enanthate subcutaneously for over five years now with very consistent results. There is nothing special about Xyosted; it is testosterone enanthate and sesame oil. Normal commercial testosterone enanthate has the same plus benzyl alcohol, maybe benzyl benzoate too. The BA potentially makes absorption a little faster, but these products are still fine for subcutaneous use even if it's technically off-label. I would pin the doctor down as to what he thinks can go wrong and according to what evidence. I don't think he can produce anything credible.

sigmaphil

Have you been paying out of pocket these past 3-months or were the first 3 mos on free samples?

The first month was free. the next 2 months was 75mg at $375 / month which I paid out of pocket. Two weeks ago I started the upgrade to 100mg and the new price cost was now $425 / month. I have a high deductible health insurance plan but no prescription plan with it.

swoops36

The first month was free. the next 2 months was 75mg at $375 / month which I paid out of pocket. Two weeks ago I started the upgrade to 100mg and the new price cost was now $425 / month. I have a high deductible health insurance plan but no prescription plan with it.
Jesus Christ that is highway robbery. The only reason they created that dumb Xyosted is so they can charge 10x what plain ole T enth cost. It’s just a money grab from some Pharma company.

sigmaphil

Furthermore, it takes 2 or three times for me to get the auto-injector to engage and release the medication, but still, the needle sticks me. So I end up with two-three puncture wounds every time I use the auto-injector. Which is another reason I want to do the injection myself.

sigmaphil

Jesus Christ that is highway robbery. The only reason they created that dumb Xyosted is so they can charge 10x what plain ole T enth cost. It’s just a money grab from some Pharma company.

My doctor talks about how nice his Xyosted representative is, it makes wonder f he's getting kickbacks or owns stock in their company?

sigmaphil

I've been injecting testosterone enanthate subcutaneously for over five years now with very consistent results. There is nothing special about Xyosted; it is testosterone enanthate and sesame oil. Normal commercial testosterone enanthate has the same plus benzyl alcohol, maybe benzyl benzoate too. The BA potentially makes absorption a little faster, but these products are still fine for subcutaneous use even if it's technically off-label. I would pin the doctor down as to what he thinks can go wrong and according to what evidence. I don't think he can produce anything credible.

I am considering asking him for the IM injection vial and buying insulin syringes and just doing it subcutaneously without telling him. I guess it's an ethical issue since I shouldn't really lie to my doctor? This is why I am here asking questions.

swoops36

My doctor talks about how nice his Xyosted representative is, it makes wonder f he's getting kickbacks or owns stock in their company?
Bro, they must be very, very ‘nice’, if you catch my drift. Testosterone is old, out of patent, and cheap. Companies need to change it up to make that sweet sweet $$$ now, so they fancy it up & charge a fortune. Fuck that. And the applicator barely works? Yikes

I'm on the 75mg samples while the rep tries to sort out my insurance. If it doesn't work out, I'm going on TCyp. The Dr originally gave me a choice but recommended trying Xyosted first and seeing if it's covered ... I figured why not.

You've already been diagnosed and Rx'd T, why not transfer to a new Dr?

sigmaphil

I'm on the 75mg samples while the rep tries to sort out my insurance. If doesn't work out, I'm going on TCyp. The Dr gave me the choice but recommended trying Xyosted first and seeing if it's covered ... I figured why not.

Yeah, I'm checking up on another doctor. I'm expecting a call tomorrow from his office.

sigmaphil

I'm on the 75mg samples while the rep tries to sort out my insurance. If it doesn't work out, I'm going on TCyp. The Dr originally gave me a choice but recommended trying Xyosted first and seeing if it's covered ... I figured why not.

Is the TCyp an IM injection?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I am considering asking him for the IM injection vial and buying insulin syringes and just doing it subcutaneously without telling him. I guess it's an ethical issue since I shouldn't really lie to my doctor? This is why I am here asking questions.
I didn't flat-out lie to my first doctor, but I ignored her prescribing advice that called for a single IM injection every two weeks.

S1W

Is the TCyp an IM injection?

Both T Cyp and T Enth can be injected either IM or SubQ.

There are many places online that sell insulin syringes for something like ~$15 per 100. Many of us here use the EasyTouch brand. For smaller SubQ injections, 28g, 29g, or 30g seem to be the most popular sizes.

Last edited:

Blackhawk

LOL! So it's outright ridiculous that xyosted is enanthate in a SubQ auto injector but your doc says enanthate doesn't work SubQ. What a crock of BS!

One idea; If you like your doctor OK except for this issue and he/she is agreeable for you to inject IM, but you want to try subQ, just get the gear and do it, then tell your doctor after you get your next set of results back. The proof is in the results.

Some of these Doctors are ignorant. The more we do this kind of thing the more they potentially wake TF up.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me