I'm starting to wonder if I even needed TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online
Unfortunately I'm becoming educated long after going on TRT. I've been on TRT gel for two years and in that time I've had three blood tests. The first two had levels over 1000, and the third test had a level of 250. Can t seem to stay in range. Now that I've done my own reading I'm starting to wonder if I even needed TRT to begin with.

At diagnosis I was fatigued, a little over weight and generally run down. My T level was around 280 from memory. I now know that many factors can cause this. I was working hard, and having to get up during the night anywhere from 3-10 times a night for our sick daughter over at least a period of one year. I had also started to try and lose the excess weight so was eating low calorie (1600 per day) with almost no carbohydrates. Eventually I just got sick and couldn't get off the couch. After a blood test showing low T I was put on TRT.

The majority of these issue have now resolved but my libido has gone to zero. Has anyone ever susscessfully gone off TRT and returned to a normal range T levels? Is it worth me going on some sort of PCT to see if I can regain normal T production?

As my doctors seem to have no idea what is going on, I'd just ordered and full blood panel privately so will have updated bloods in about a week.

Where would you go from here???

Thanks fo your thoughts in advance.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

SilverSurfer

Unfortunately I'm becoming educated long after going on TRT. I've been on TRT gel for two years and in that time I've had three blood tests. The first two had levels over 1000, and the third test had a level of 250. Can t seem to stay in range. Now that I've done my own reading I'm starting to wonder if I even needed TRT to begin with.

At diagnosis I was fatigued, a little over weight and generally run down. My T level was around 280 from memory. I now know that many factors can cause this. I was working hard, and having to get up during the night anywhere from 3-10 times a night for our sick daughter over at least a period of one year. I had also started to try and lose the excess weight so was eating low calorie (1600 per day) with almost no carbohydrates. Eventually I just got sick and couldn't get off the couch. After a blood test showing low T I was put on TRT.

The majority of these issue have now resolved but my libido has gone to zero. Has anyone ever susscessfully gone off TRT and returned to a normal range T levels? Is it worth me going on some sort of PCT to see if I can regain normal T production?

As my doctors seem to have no idea what is going on, I'd just ordered and full blood panel privately so will have updated bloods in about a week.

Where would you go from here???

Thanks fo your thoughts in advance.

You should lose the weight first. If after you’ve done the work, lost the weight, and still have testosterone issues, then start back up. TRT doesn’t overpower a bag of Cheetos.

Blood test results are in (see attached), and I was hoping I might get some guidance. Clearly T and free T are still low. Still wondering if it is worth taking HCG to try to boost my natural T production, or should I just increase my TRT dose (gel)? Currently taking 12.5mg of T by gel daily.
Am I stuck on TRT for life now or is there a possibility of getting off it?
Would the time of taking the blood test effect the result? I usually rub in the gel around 8am. The day of the test I waited until after my blood was taken at 10am.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Bloods.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:

Systemlord

Has anyone ever susscessfully gone off TRT and returned to a normal range T levels?

If you have secondary hypogonadism and you stop TRT, the end result is almost a guarantee, most men drop back down to baseline.

The question you have to ask yourself is are you willing to spend years in a low-T state searching for the cause, if you're the kind of guy to tap out and just want the symptoms to end, then stopping TRT is not the answer.

With that said I haven't seen many successful cases who were able to stop TRT and feel equally as good off TRT.

The first two had levels over 1000, and the third test had a level of 250.

If you are testing within the same timeframe for each blood test (1hr), then your timing isn't the problem and your body isn't absorbing the gel consistently.

Still wondering if it is worth taking HCG to try to boost my natural T production

HCG will not boost your natural T production, it will shut your HPTA down (LH .2) just like on TRT, but your testicles will be producing testosterone.

The majority of these issue have now resolved but my libido has gone to zero.

Your dosage/levels might be a little too high.

Things that affect libido:
  • Obesity
  • High blood pressure
  • Diabetes
  • Poor sleep
  • Medications
  • Stress/depression
  • Low testosterone
  • Infections
  • High prolactin
  • Low thyroid hormones
  • Alcohol & drugs
  • Surgery
  • Heart disease
  • High cholesterol

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to make these comments System Lord. I'm definitely not willing to stay in a low T state, but would like to work out the best way to get back into the health T zone. Just to clarify a few points from your comments...

Isn't a PCT protocol designed to restart someones nature T production? Cant this be used to possibly get off TRT?

You said that HCG will NOT increase natural T, but by testicles will produce more T... isn't that a contradiction?

Dosage too high - see attached blood tests above. Levels still very low.

Systemlord

You said that HCG will NOT increase natural T, but by testicles will produce more T... isn't that a contradiction?
No it's not a contradiction, you're suppressing the pituitary gland and using drugs to get an organ to produce T, but you are NOT natural and therefore can't increase your "natural production" because your feedback loop that is the HPTA is shutdown and is therefore no longer considered natural.

Now if you were injecting some yet unknown compound that stimulated the HPTA to secrete more LH which would then trickle down to increasing testosterone via the testes, I would except that as increasing your natural production.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching