IM or SubQ

Buy Lab Tests Online
So, who all has tried both subQ and IM and what difference did you notice? Which do you prefer, and what frequency and dosage gets you to what levels each way?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

RLW

I started out SQ and would get a lump that was uncomfortable almost every injection. Did that for about 6 weeks and decided to move to IM. Since then no issue. I didn't do SQ long enough to see my levels on it. I do 40mg every other day and have been between 1000 and 1200 for total T and around 25 for free T. Been on that protocol for a year or so. Before that was 50mg M/W/F and levels were in similar range.

Blackhawk

I had deep pain from 1/2" deep IM so switched to subQ which has worked for several years. Now it seems I have some firmer fat mass in my fatty tissue where I inject often. I am extremely lean and have little fat mass to begin with. I've started injecting in a wider range of subQ territory, some sites more like actually under the skin but not into fat mass. Still, subQ is Ok for me. Those bumps and bruises some report have been very very rare for me.

I had deep pain from 1/2" deep IM so switched to subQ which has worked for several years. Now it seems I have some firmer fat mass in my fatty tissue where I inject often. I am extremely lean and have little fat mass to begin with. I've started injecting in a wider range of subQ territory, some sites more like actually under the skin but not into fat mass. Still, subQ is Ok for me. Those bumps and bruises some report have been very very rare for me.
What dose and frequency works best for you?

Blackhawk

What dose and frequency works best for you?

I hesitate to reply as everyone needs specific dosing. This is not one size fits all. What works for me is N=1, and currently my hormone levels seem to be disrupted by cancer (Leukemia). I'll be getting labs drawn tomorrow and reassessing.

I will say that 150mg.week was way too high for me and I have done better on lower dosing as low as 84mg/week dosed every other day, plus HCG, but now am increasing dose as I am losing weight and muscle mass from the cancer, anemia and extreme inactivity.

I hesitate to reply as everyone needs specific dosing. This is not one size fits all. What works for me is N=1, and currently my hormone levels seem to be disrupted by cancer (Leukemia). I'll be getting labs drawn tomorrow and reassessing.

I will say that 150mg.week was way too high for me and I have done better on lower dosing as low as 84mg/week dosed every other day, plus HCG, but now am increasing dose as I am losing weight and muscle mass from the cancer, anemia and extreme inactivity.
Definitely know that it’s different for everyone, just trying to get as much input as I can.

Also sorry to hear about the cancer...hope you’re able to come through it as best as possible!!

mooseman109

Yep low dose works just fine. Been at this for 7 years now. I am a high hct guy, like it never goes below 52, so lowest dose that is effective is good for me. I feel fine and have great cognitive abilities strong energy. Many on here said it would never work at low dose, my answer always is “ we are all different and respond individually to trt”

LerxstM4

I’ve tried sub Q a few times but forever reason I always get bruises. Now I only use shallow IM. The kind a learned from Nelson.

Vince, I know you like the V-Glute IM injection. I have not been successful in trying this yet because I just can't seem to find the right spot (in my mind) to poke. Any help with that you could offer would be great.

I use 30g 1/2" insulin in the delt and I want to expand my horizons. What size do you use in the ventroglute?

fifty

I would often hit veins in my ventroglute. Thankfully I’m pale and thin enough that i could sometimes see them all.

mooseman109

I know I need to start...also know that if all things are equal, I’d prefer the lowest dose daily SubQ shot that will make me feel good without side effects...t only

I always, with whatever med, start low and go slow. Every med out there has side effects, so the minimal amount I can take to reach my goals is perfect.

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince, I know you like the V-Glute IM injection. I have not been successful in trying this yet because I just can't seem to find the right spot (in my mind) to poke. Any help with that you could offer would be great.

I use 30g 1/2" insulin in the delt and I want to expand my horizons. What size do you use in the ventroglute?
I use a 29G half inch syringe. If you feel the bone in your hip, then just move down a few inches or more. It does take a little practice

LerxstM4

I use a 29G half inch syringe. If you feel the bone in your hip, then just move down a few inches or more. It does take a little practice

Thanks.

Sounds like we are using basically the same syringe. I use 29 or 30 depending on what they send with the TestC & Nan.

I'll try there tomorrow morning.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching