Ideal TT for longevity?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Steve78

I read an Australian study that a TT between 300-500 men lived the longest. Is there any other studies or thoughts on the ideal TT level for optimal health and longevity? I did read an E2 between 20-30 was ideal for longevity.
My goal at age 43, just had a baby (number 6) is to live as long as possible but also feel good as well.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ajax31

Unfortunately I didn't save it, but I've seen a study that indicates a body weight above 200lbs in men is associated with a shorter lifespan. The bigger you are and the more you weigh - even taking into account muscle mass and body composition - that 200 remains the magic number. Maybe it has to do with the heart having to work harder to pump the blood and perfuse all the tissues and organs in a larger man.

Anecdotally, most of the very elderly men I've seen tend to be of the wiry type (thin but strong).

Last edited:

Steve78

Unfortunately I didn't save it, but I've seen a study that indicates a body weight above 200lbs in men is associated with a lower lifespan. The bigger you are and the more you weigh - even taking into account muscle mass and body composition - that 200 remains the magic number. Maybe it has to do with the heart having to work harder to pump the blood and perfuse all the tissues and organs in a larger man.

Anecdotally, most of the very elderly men I've seen tend to be of the wiry type (thin but strong).
Yes most 90 year olds seem petite to me.

I’m 6’4 240, so I’m screwed, lol.

I’m going to start leaning out as I do barely any cardio. I’m trying more plant based and more cardio. I already do resistance training 5x a week and look fit, just have to lose the dad tummy

Steve78

Ok.

Back to my original post, my TT was 700 on 100 mg test weekly. A friend who is a trt doc in California told me to up it to 140mg weekly and I feel amazing! I’ll check labs soon but I’m assuming I’m around 900-1000 TT and I’m concerned it may affect how long I live.

Vince

Super Moderator
Unfortunately I didn't save it, but I've seen a study that indicates a body weight above 200lbs in men is associated with a lower lifespan. The bigger you are and the more you weigh - even taking into account muscle mass and body composition - that 200 remains the magic number. Maybe it has to do with the heart having to work harder to pump the blood and perfuse all the tissues and organs in a larger man.

Graham

Ok.

Back to my original post, my TT was 700 on 100 mg test weekly. A friend who is a trt doc in California told me to up it to 140mg weekly and I feel amazing! I’ll check labs soon but I’m assuming I’m around 900-1000 TT and I’m concerned it may affect how long I live.
It seems most of this comes down to the cardiovascular system. Between the bodyweight and dosage- higher dosage leads to more sides such as polycythemia. It also leaves you feeling more stimulated which I guess can effect the heart over time.

Graham

I’m guessing it doesn’t matter much if my TT is 1100 as long as BP, and bloodwork are within normal limits
Don’t forget the CNS factor, for me to obtain levels near 1,000 ng I have to take 200 mg per week. I feel better and worse there at the same time. It’s a trade off, I can’t deny the constant stimulation part. It’s something I didn’t realize until recently.

Systemlord

I read an Australian study that a TT between 300-500 men lived the longest.
I seriously doubt it. All other data shows something different.

Steve78

Don’t forget the CNS factor, for me to obtain levels near 1,000 ng I have to take 200 mg per week. I feel better and worse there at the same time. It’s a trade off, I can’t deny the constant stimulation part. It’s something I didn’t realize until recently.
What do you mean constant stimulation? When my TT goes up I feel less anxiety and more calm

Steve78

I seriously doubt it. All other data shows something different.
So they are saying a TT under 440 was associated with higher cardiovascular risk?

Rabbit91476

As I gradually increased my dose from 100 ton200 mg. I recover better from the occasional over drinking. Do better in less sleep. But if I wake up to pee after 330 I find it hard to fall back asleep. It’s rare for me to sleep 7 hours before my body wakes me up. Which I guess makes me feel “ better and worse at the same time”.

Steve78

As I gradually increased my dose from 100 ton200 mg. I recover better from the occasional over drinking. Do better in less sleep. But if I wake up to pee after 330 I find it hard to fall back asleep. It’s rare for me to sleep 7 hours before my body wakes me up. Which I guess makes me feel “ better and worse at the same time”.
I see

For me, my sweet spot was going from 100 to 140. I do 40mg SQ EOD

JimGainz

I wouldn’t put any faith in that study. Look at the range: 300 ng/dL total testosterone is what you see in 90 year old men. (Which supports the theory in some degree but you have to probe deeper and ask - Do I want to be that 90 year old skinny weak man?). It reminds me of a study I read where in a certain part of the world people who eat this plant-based diet lived to over 100 years old. Wrong metric in my book. Have you ever seen a 100 year old person? My grandmother lived to 102 and I wouldn’t want that for myself. So, the studies do not factor quality of life.

Besides, the only real metric that we know is that low testosterone has a link to mortality. So I wouldn’t waste any time trying to figure out if a particular range is going to make you live less so long as it is in a normal “healthy” range.

MIP1950

I wouldn’t put any faith in that study. Look at the range: 300 ng/dL total testosterone is what you see in 90 year old men. (Which supports the theory in some degree but you have to probe deeper and ask - Do I want to be that 90 year old skinny weak man?). It reminds me of a study I read where in a certain part of the world people who eat this plant-based diet lived to over 100 years old. Wrong metric in my book. Have you ever seen a 100 year old person? My grandmother lived to 102 and I wouldn’t want that for myself. So, the studies do not factor quality of life.

Besides, the only real metric that we know is that low testosterone has a link to mortality. So I wouldn’t waste any time trying to figure out if a particular range is going to make you live less so long as it is in a normal “healthy” range.
In the book, 'The Blue Zones' the focus was on areas of the world where men and women have extraordinary longevity. One place was the Greek island of Ikarias. They eat a mostly plant based diet, drink homemade wine, homegrown honey, dairy products from goat's milk and whole grain bread. Men in their 80's, 90's, up to 100 claimed that they were still sexually active, which could mean weekly to once or twice a month.

In the 1900's Elias Metchikoff, Ph.D, a Russian microbiologist, explored cultures that consumed fermented milk products, daily, and believed that was a key to their longevity and, to good health, in general. However, he also acknowledged that where they lived and how they lived were likely factors, also, to longevity.

For another take on this, there was an African-American women in DC, 100, who said her good health came from drinking a glass of Guinness every day. There are many interesting. even tantalizing areas to explore in regards to finding the keys to robust health and longevity, including the role of hormones, but a 'formula' has yet to emerge. And genetics/epigenetics are significant critical factors. For me, at 71, I'm still physically strong, not from exercise. Seems to be a genetic endowment. My grandfather and father, both small and wiry, had good physical strength. I'm less wiry than I was 30 years ago, but I still do push ups and use hand grips(100 repetitions). I walk a lot. Hip and ankle issues ended my jogging a few decades ago. But, severe mental illness and poor sleep have been eroding my health for 17 years.

Sergel

Who paid for that study. Pharmas don't like testosterone. There is no money in testosterone and they also prefer putting men on antidepressors and other money drugs.

Do you have a link to the study?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching